drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 6
Go to the bottom of this page FL Studio 6
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

lets now all be exited about FL 6 comin our way and lets stop the "reason is better - no, fruity is better - no, reason..."-bullshit Big Grin

fl is better Wink Tongue

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 11-10-2005 18:49.

11-10-2005 18:46 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

That is exactly the point I was making. That it is whether the way a progam works suits the way the you work. Im not talking shit, neither am I stressed out. As for the suggestion that there was no argument going on, maybe its not quite fisticufs but a fairly heated debate none the less.
Im sorry if you think Im talking crap, Ill apoligize to everyone on the thread if I am. Im simply stating that regardless of what program you use, its the quality of music that counts. I could'nt care less about the software people use, just whether the find it easy to express themselves through, be it Logic or Reason or whatever.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 12-10-2005 17:45.

11-10-2005 18:59
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

agreed Smile

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
11-10-2005 19:12 Homepage of cynik
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

They need to add more damn sends... 4 is not enough for 64 channels!
--------------------
Oh shit i forgot about the new mixer - it will be fully resizable and every channel can be used as a send channel
-------------------
Wow sweet. So you can finally split audio into multiple tracks to do some multiband effects processing?
-------------------
as much as before but it will be easier
-------------------
Could I take track 1 and send it to 2, 3, 4, and 5 in parallel?
-------------------
of coarse, just as it is now except that all channels can be send
-------------------

__

12-10-2005 16:22 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

OOooooo, Very nice, although I think I prefered the old Version4 mixer where you had the boxes to select channels 1-16 or 16-32 etc. I think that having everything visible is only for the benfit of people who enjoy flashy lights and watching all the VU meters going off. It looks like it might be a bit draining if everything is going at once, but maybe not, maybe its just a composite shot.
The idea of any channel being a send is fucking cool though.
12-10-2005 16:28
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
OOooooo, Very nice, although I think I prefered the old Version4 mixer where you had the boxes to select channels 1-16 or 16-32 etc.

i think you'll be able to do that, since it's "fully resizable"..

__

12-10-2005 16:30 Homepage of Friscko
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Whoops, didnt see that.
Where are you getting these pictures from anyway?
12-10-2005 17:43
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Whoops, didnt see that.
Where are you getting these pictures from anyway?

DOA Wink

__

12-10-2005 19:42 Homepage of Friscko
stino stino is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-237.gif

Registration Date: 13-07-2003

WE'RE BELGIANS!

WE'RE OBLIGED TO BUY THIS!

OBLIGED I TELL YOU

__
www.myspace.com/stinomg
www.myspace.com/circlelogicband
12-10-2005 20:12 Homepage of stino
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko

quote:

They need to add more damn sends... 4 is not enough for 64 channels!
--------------------
Oh shit i forgot about the new mixer - it will be fully resizable and every channel can be used as a send channel
-------------------
Wow sweet. So you can finally split audio into multiple tracks to do some multiband effects processing?
-------------------
as much as before but it will be easier
-------------------
Could I take track 1 and send it to 2, 3, 4, and 5 in parallel?
-------------------
of coarse, just as it is now except that all channels can be send
-------------------

you dont need to use the send channels to assign different mixer channels to one another...

right click the bottong that says OUT and select one of the numbers...then aply a new affect...

such as eqing the kick, snare, hats all in sepereate channels but sending them all ot a compressor (WITHOUT using any of the sends channels)

and you can do this is fl 4 and 5

this is what i mean by you guys have ot learn your software...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Surora23: 13-10-2005 03:49.

13-10-2005 03:48
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

But the point of a send channel is that you dont have to have something constantly going through it. Like if you set up a reverb on a send channel you could send the occasional drum hit or synth note into it (or any other Effect channel), eliminating the need for a new FX channel and drum pattern/synth.
But if youre chaining an Effect channel into another, you dont have the option of how much it is sent or if it is only sent for the occasional hit.
Chaning channels is good for stuff like drums (But if youre having to apply so many effects you might think about using some different samples, or bouncing down to wav to save CPU usage). But Send channels are good for the occasional tweak and adding some depth to a track.
13-10-2005 12:04
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
But the point of a send channel is that you dont have to have something constantly going through it. Like if you set up a reverb on a send channel you could send the occasional drum hit or synth note into it (or any other Effect channel), eliminating the need for a new FX channel and drum pattern/synth.
But if youre chaining an Effect channel into another, you dont have the option of how much it is sent or if it is only sent for the occasional hit.
Chaning channels is good for stuff like drums (But if youre having to apply so many effects you might think about using some different samples, or bouncing down to wav to save CPU usage). But Send channels are good for the occasional tweak and adding some depth to a track.

clone your loop and use a new mastering channell...

i think the sends are pointless...there are more ways to have better controll...maybe not as easy..but waht do you want...easy, or effective..

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

13-10-2005 18:06
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by stino
WE'RE BELGIANS!

WE'RE OBLIGED TO BUY THIS!

OBLIGED I TELL YOU

belgians Confused buy Confused you mean like legal Knownothing never heard of that! Cool

Does anyone know if you can choose the order of effects chaining?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 13-10-2005 20:14.

13-10-2005 20:12 Homepage of djfreemc
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I'm sick and tired of these endless offtopics. Everybody likes certain pieces software and dislikes certain pieces of software. Great, but keep those discussions in seperate threads.

This thread is about the new, unreleased Fruity Loops 6, so it is meant to be for the people who are interested in the new version, not for people who use other software and have nothing sensible to say about the new version of FL.

Likewise, discussion features of the current versions of Fruity 4 and 5 are out of place here, if they are not discussed in relation to the new version. There are a lot of threads about Fruity, so if you want to talk about certain features of the current versions, discuss them in there.

If on the other hand you like discussing the wiring system in Reason this is definitely not the place, just start a new thread and call it 'Using the wires in Reason'.

If you like making comparisons the features of different programs like Fruity, Cubase, Reason, Logic and so on, there are other threads for that too:
Why not use better software?
HELP: I need advice on a good quality program to write tunes
The Music Programs
Music Programs
or even very specific: Fruity Loops Vs. Cubase

This thread has gone beyond repair. Closed.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
14-10-2005 05:27 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
Thread is closed
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Studio 6