drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Fruity Loops Vs. Cubase
Go to the bottom of this page Fruity Loops Vs. Cubase
Author
Tourist

Registration Date: 03-11-2004

I've been making drum N' bass for 2 years now, and i started with hard sequencers and samplers... just last year, i got all vst's... sample tank, cubase sx 2, and fruity loops producer... now, when i start a track in cubase, the sounds i get from sample tank are incredible!!! but the sequencing in cubase is so tedious, it kinda kills the fun in making tracks, and most of my tracks sound waaaaayyyyyy to structured... when i work in fruity, its easier to sequence and program, but the sound quality is kinda crappy... I've also used fruity as a VST in cubase, but i run into latency problems... It seems the slave sequencer which is in fruity, always runs about 2 bars behind the master in cubase... can anyone give me some advice.. maybe some tips on sequencing in cubase that could make my life a little easier...? Or maybe just stick with fruity loops and export all those awesome loops and sounds from sample tank as wavs and use them with fruity only... save cubase as a multitrack only...? have no idea... any help woud be fuckin awesome... thank guys

Josh
03-11-2004 19:08 Homepage of Infamystar
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

i would stick with fruity...ive been making dnb for only about 6 mnths, and fruity i just started to use...the soudn quality should not be crappy, if it is, you are havving trouble with mastering and etc...there is also dithereing in FL when rendering so if you are not doing that, it may be poor...also what is the bitrate? if you are recording at a low bitarate you sounds will be crappy...i would sitck with fruity and learn the software more...fruity is capable of unfathamable amounts of stuff, just no one knows how to do them...create in reason and what not, and then import them to fruity....cheers

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

03-11-2004 19:46
Infamystar
Tourist

Registration Date: 03-11-2004

Thanx so much for gettin' back to me...yes, i know fruity loops like the back of my hand... the beat to slice funtion, shaping sounds in the sampler, the chopping features, etc, etc... now, i started this track im workin' on now in cubase with sample tank, cuz the sounds and loops in sample tank are far more superior then fruity... im just tryin to find a comfortable way of working... if i start a track in fruity, then im ignoring the sounds in sample tank... ya know? and if i continue to import all the sounds from sample tank into fruity, my hard drive is gonna be flooded with wavs... lol... but, i guess thats what im gonna have to do; start the tracks in cubase, break them appart, and re-sequence in fruity...
thanx again man...

josh
03-11-2004 20:03 Homepage of Infamystar
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

well most sequencers have loads of wav. samples...just make sure when you render you do it in MP3 format so the track doesnt take up a lot of space...

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

03-11-2004 20:26
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

I don't know the sample tank program, but maybe it is possible to use it as vst or through rewire in fruityloops, so you can work with your favourite sounds in a way that you find comfortable? Personally I also find FL much easier to work with than cubase.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
03-11-2004 22:37 Homepage of djfreemc
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

maybe work the other way around? make your basic tracks in fruity loops and finish them in cubase?

True that cubase sounds better, it's got a better mix engine!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
04-11-2004 00:27 Homepage of thechronic
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE PROBLEM IS!!!

WHEN YOU START THE SONG OR SEQUENCE DON`T START IT ON 1 MOVE THE WHOLE TRACKS TOTAL SEQUENCE IN ONE WHOLE PHRASE....

SAY LIKE INDENTING BEFORE YOU WRITE A PARAGRAPH....THIS GIVE THE TWO PROGRAMS TIME TO SYNC....TRY REASON TO SEQUENCE AND SAMPLE ALL YOUR SOUNDS FROM YOUR OTHER SOFTWAREZ

OH SORRY FOR CAPS
04-11-2004 03:31
illuminati
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-191.jpg

Registration Date: 21-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

actually one note on the indentation...make sure you do this in fruity and cubase...on the same number you may have two different scales of sequencer...so set them both up to view 123456789 10 etc.....

start the begining marker on 5 in each program
04-11-2004 03:33
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Fruity Loops Vs. Cubase