drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Why not use better software?
Go to the bottom of this page Why not use better software?
Author
Bobby Dangerous Bobby Dangerous is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

I understand that some people use reason then some poeple use fruity loops then some people use reason why not use cubase or logic or pro tools.

These are the intustry standards and i know that some people are too damn lazy to learn new software but it is the professional way to do things because real studios DO NOT use reason and fruity loops. Reason is just a plug in for sure uin my eyes. Don't get me wrong i learned off of it but it's not what you should stick to. If you want to advance start using a software that has wav editing/audio intergraded into the software.

DO IT NOW!!!!!
31-07-2005 03:49
Darkside Darkside is a male
Old-School Rolla

images/avatars/avatar-955.jpeg

Registration Date: 02-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.71

stick to what works for u...
i just use a studio-esque program and a wave editor side by side.
plenty of people here use cubase anyway, a few use logic.
some people are just more comfortable with stuff.
i'm really cool with fruity, it's never had problems for me. except the damn name.
31-07-2005 04:40
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
i'm really cool with fruity, it's never had problems for me. except the damn name.
yeah i feel the same lol. By the way, why is it some individuals put that "Why not upgrade to pro tools or cubase because professional studios don't use FL Studio and Reason" out there? As far as I'm concerned, who is really gonna care what is used to make your tracks. You think when people listen to tracks they sit there th ewhole time going, hmmm, you know, this sounds a little FL'ish or Reason'ish. I know I don't. I think the reason why people say go pro tools or cubase is because they buy in on the professional hype, that if you don't use these tools then you're just an amateur or using kids toys. I also feel these individuals that make these comments haven't taken enough time to use other tool enough to graps their full potentials. Sure you get what you pay for in some instances and yeah some programs may have better quality as far as sound goes, but what it boils down to is what you work best with and not just what everyone thinks is the best because of the name or how many knobs and features it has. Personally I use FL studio and that won't change. I don't feel bad towards other programs, just FL is what I started with, grew comfortable with, and use to this day. BTW, why does it seem like some people ar ein this competition to have better hardware or software, isn't it about the music and loving it. Feels like a damn car race sometimes, worrying about what the other guy has under his hood and trying to have a major upgrade battle. As a last note, any program you use, i'm a firm believer you get out what you put in. Every program I'm sure can sound as good as the next, just alot of it boils down to talent and experience.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by optikal_assassin: 31-07-2005 05:08.

31-07-2005 05:04
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
real studios DO NOT use reason and fruity loops
Yeah they do, Reason is used by allot of top D&B producer's, in the studio. I totally agree with optikassassin, "you get out what you put into it" It really does boil down to what you are most comfortable with. I myself use Cu-Base SL Sun !!

__
Space

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 31-07-2005 05:39.

31-07-2005 05:37
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

Ive tried a lot of the progs, logic cubase sonar FL Acid and i keep going back to reason ... its what im comfortable with .... and it works for me ...

ez

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
31-07-2005 06:03 Homepage of Arkitekt
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

oh no, yet another of those reason/fl hating topics where youre gonna put links of famous producers who say the programs suck etc etc. Roll Eyes

whats the point? I fully backup said answers, do whatever suits you and most of all - have fun doing it. its supposed to work that way

btw have you heard of rewiring? put any of the two rewired to cubase/logic/etc. through some quality equipment, youll never say those words again Wink

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
31-07-2005 10:09 Homepage of cynik
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Dangerous
real studios DO NOT use reason and fruity loops

No, they don't, and they don't have to. Real studios are very happy and call me professional when I bounce my Reason tracks to 24/96 audio and give them on CD. So They don't have to use Reason, and I don't have to use Pro Tools (coz they don't use Cubase either, in the studio where I go)...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

31-07-2005 12:09 Homepage of Surya
@1$-)
unregistered
er...yeh cause pro studios dont use reason....... ROFL
wakey wakey dude....YOUR WRONG!!!
ok they might not use it on its own but they do use it.....can you spell rewire........and to be honest....if we are talking real pro here....then logic and cubase arent any where near a full pro tools rig or digital performer. but they are quite capable of churning out pro quality audio........it aint what u do its the way that you do it. and as an example i suggest you check out the prodigy - always outnumbered never outgunned - all sequenced in reason and then bounced into pro tools......the production quality is next level.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 31-07-2005 16:19.

31-07-2005 14:24
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
er...yeh cause pro studios dont use reason....... ROFL
wakey wakey dude....YOUR WRONG!!!
ok they might not use it on its own but they do use it.....can you spell rewire........and to be honest....if we are talking real pro here....then logic and cubase arent any where near a full pro tools rig or digital performer. but they are quite capable of churning out pro quality audio........it aint what u do its the way that you do it. and as an example i suggest you check out the prodigy - always outnumbered never outgunned - all sequenced in reason and then bounced into cubase......the production quality is next level.

Bigup werd

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
31-07-2005 16:02 Homepage of Arkitekt
@1$-)
unregistered
yeh i made a mistake there.i meant bounced into pro tools as you can see by the edit
31-07-2005 16:19
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by Bobby Dangerous
I understand that some people use reason then some poeple use fruity loops then some people use reason why not use cubase or logic or pro tools.

These are the intustry standards and i know that some people are too damn lazy to learn new software but it is the professional way to do things because real studios DO NOT use reason and fruity loops. Reason is just a plug in for sure uin my eyes. Don't get me wrong i learned off of it but it's not what you should stick to. If you want to advance start using a software that has wav editing/audio intergraded into the software.

DO IT NOW!!!!!

i am going to school for production/engineer. this school is extremly up-to-date and cutting edge because every last instructor is currently working in the industry. they desgien what shall be taught, and every single one of them are expeirnced and amazingly reputable.

i shall learn:

LOGIC

CUBASE

PRO TOOLS

REASON 3.0

(so you didn't miss it i underlined it)

all of these in the sperate, in house, recording studios.

SECONDLY, there isn't a single thing i use that is industry standard. anything that is, is insanly cost, whether it's a compressor, a mixing board, an EQ, or the goddamn computer i am on.
i run a PC, the industry uses MAC, but the rest of the world uses PC. that's the biggest barrier to having anything industry standard. Logic 7 is for MAC ONLY, and nobody except design COMPANIES, use MAC'S. nobody else does.

THIRD, FL is easy to use and REASON sound great. there only a few hundred dollers.

FOURTH.
how much is pro tools or logic? a litte bit more let's say....

now tell us how much a year you make from your experince in "the industry"?

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 7 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 31-07-2005 16:55.

31-07-2005 16:34 Homepage of Halph-Price
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

most of the hospital records crew use reason as a rewire tool.

logistics uses JUST reason and his tunes are crispy produced and sound better than some people who make tunes on the other more "pro" sequencers.

like someone said if you get to know reaon like a redneck knows his sister then i will sound good.

it's just that theres more options and flexability with cubase/logic/pro tools.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by D2o: 31-07-2005 17:27.

31-07-2005 17:26 Homepage of D2o
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

I think that Fruity Loops and reason are both very good programs, and both more than capable of producing good quality sounds. However Logic is extreamly good too but the amount of money you can pay for it is stupid. One guy I know is spending nearly £300 to upgrade from 6 to 7.
People argue that the sound quality in FL and Reason is less than that of Logic and Cubase etc. but this is more down to the producers skill rather than the programs they use. Its not as if every tune made with Logic is amazing and every tune made with FL is shit. Thats like a bad workman blaming his tools.
I think the ultimate solution is to discover for yourself. What programs you find easier for different tasks. I personally use FL for basic sequencing, Reaktor for sound design, logic for sampling (ESX24 is stonkingly good) and for mastering too. These are what I find each program best for but that is down to the way I work. I do think that sticking to one main thing is good for churning out tunes but bad in terms of experimenting and making every tune different from the last.
Back to the quality issue, I cant understand how people can thin that the same synth running out of Logic sounds better than the same synth running out of FL. That is like saying that you can tell the difference in sound between 2 midi controling keyboards! I agree with the argument that Logic effects are much better than FL and Reason effects. But there are hundereds of good sounding and high quality pluggins out there.
I beleive that Fruity is thought of as a toy because of its apperance and not because of its sound, It sounds exactly like everything YOU put into it, no more, no less.
02-08-2005 11:37
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

run a .wav file and listen to it, than render it through fl, regardless of the volume down that bit, it looses a bit of highen and , well it just sounds fatter.

there is a difference, but it's a sonic imprint sort, not a quality sort.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

02-08-2005 15:21 Homepage of Halph-Price
Cool Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok here it is.

People do use reason as rewire which is why i called it a plug in.

Not syaing i don't use it i just don't use it as a stand alone sequencer i rewire via cubase or pto tools.

You tell me you walk into a big ass studio like delux and they have reason there NUNO.

Define your pro studios and catigory them as A rooms B rooms and C rooms.

A room

Neive console, SSL console etc near feild and far feild monitors JBL 5.1 mixs and or pro 24 5.1 mix room.

B room
Tascam, Mackie cosoles with probably JBL monitors

C rooms

Soundcraft boards, lower tascam and macki boards little post edit sweets like the digi 002 mixing console intergrated hardware.

Little tannoy, yammaha, mackie monitors etc.

I am just trying to make a point i am not trying to discourage you from what u do.

But in college all these guys learned the best programs on the best gear and still use fruity loops.

Like come on you don't see Hans zimmer writting scores for films using reason and fruity loops he uses Logic.

You don't walk into skywalker sound and see george lucas's enginners using reason.

I don't say i don't use reasonm i do but i rewire and i use a lot of vst.

I mostly use reason for the scream the unison dr rex and the malstrom and sometimes the nn-19 thats it.

I am not trying to be an asshole i am just trying to help people out because you have so much more advantages.

You think you can automate in reason and fruity like you can in pro tools and cubase and logic?

Read up on sound engines and sound drivers.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Bobby Dangerous: 04-08-2005 00:33.

04-08-2005 00:32
Cool Tourist

Helpfulness rating: 

You are not reading what i initially said.

And cubase has been out longer then pro toold and there is software better then pro tools but i will leave it to yall to find out.

Do some reading.

Cubase was deisnged and built on atari computers.

It's been out a lot longer.

Pro tools is brand new man.
04-08-2005 00:36
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i have heard commercial's done with garageband.

pro tools has a lot fo plugins and effects, specificly FOR pro Tools, even though it's been out only since the late 80's

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 04-08-2005 05:28.

04-08-2005 05:27 Homepage of Halph-Price
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

OK then if flstudio doesn't sound professional then how come its been used on everything from Jennifer Lopez to Justin Timberlake? How can you get any more professional than these people? They've made more money out of it than most people here ever will.

Even Mike Oldfield uses it FFS.

http://www.e-officedirect.com/FLStudio/English/frames.html

Edit: the link doesnt work but if you go to the site and click on Extra then Power users you'll find them.

This post has been edited 6 time(s), it was last edited by gls: 04-08-2005 12:04.

04-08-2005 11:51
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Sorry to jump in this conversation again, but why is it everytime people get on the subject of what's better it automatically turns into a huge battle over what is supposedly the best program. Everyone here says, use pro tools, use cubase, use logic, thats what the professional studios use, well the bottom line is, i don't think anyone in here is generating six figure paychecks from there music. Not everyone has the big dollars to spend on the dream hardware/soft setup and that's why we go with the less expensive alternatives. Everyone has their opinions and that's fine, but why does the whole professional topic have to be forced onto people? And if my memory serves me correctly, I remember an article about some "PROS" using FL studio as part of their creations. Tommy Lee being one of them. Here's a page I found off the FL Studio web site describing the "Professional" uses that FL studio has found ---> FL Studio Power User Page. So the bottom line is I think people need to spend less time arguing about what's the best to use and just do what we enjoy the most and just produce the music we love. It's going to be a never ending battle that is rather pointless. And sure I may just piss off some with my opinions and I'm sorry, but it does seem like a rather pointless argument.

By the way GLS, I put a direct link to that page you was talking about and that's why I thought to mention it again. I've seen that page a long time ago and it just seemed appropriate to point it out again.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by optikal_assassin: 04-08-2005 13:11.

04-08-2005 13:09
realrocksound realrocksound is a male

Registration Date: 23-07-2005

FL Studio won the Computer Music Reader Awards for the second time !

nuff said!!!! Ha ha ha! Kidding guys, I use Reason and Protools. I use Reason as a Plug In as it should, but whatever floats your boat and works is cool.

__
my sound
04-08-2005 18:19
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Why not use better software?