drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Problems with downloading songs
Go to the bottom of this page Problems with downloading songs
Author
Kletsenboem-style

images/avatars/avatar-291.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Yesterday I heard from someone that she couldn't listen to the tracks because the link in the listen tab showed a htm file instead of a mp3 file. Back then I had no problem. Today I suffer the same faith and I've changed nothing on my local configuration. Anyone else who has the same problem?
28-10-2003 20:40
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

You're probably blocking HTTP referers in your firewall or browser.
1. Try disabling the firewall and see if that helps. If it does you need to change your firewall preferences so that HTTP refering is not blocked.
2. Some browsers also have a feature that blocks HTTP referals. If you're using Opera, make sure that 'enable referrer logging' is enabled in File > Quick Preferences.

If you use Norton Personal Firewall you need to add this site to the list of trusted sites to be able to download. Akura has made a small tutorial on how to do this:
quote:
Originally posted by Akura
Right click the Norton Internet Security icon in the under right corner and choose Advanced options. Choose add site and add "http://www.drumnbass.be", then choose the site out of the list and use the Privacy tab on your right. Make sure Cookies are permitted to be able to login automatically + be able to read your pm. Also permit the Referer option to allow the links to download tracks. I also permit the browser option (it was standard permitted).

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-10-2003 22:14 Homepage of thechronic
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

Helpfulness rating: 

Idd my firewall did the trick... I think your hint can be catalogged as FAQ Pleased
28-10-2003 23:01
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

Helpfulness rating: 

I'll tell in short what I did to adapt my Norton Personal Firewall.
Right click the Norton Internet Security icon in the under right corner and choose Advanced options. Choose add site and add "http://www.drumnbass.be", then choose the site out of the list and use the Privacy tab on your right. Make sure Cookies are permitted to be able to login automatically + be able to read your pm. Also permit the Referer option to allow the links to download tracks. I also permit the browser option (it was standard permitted).
Hope this helps people who don't like to read the link from The Chronic's post. Pleased
24-11-2003 23:10
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
I'll tell in short what I did to adapt my Norton Personal Firewall.
Hope this helps people who don't like to read the link from The Chronic's post. Pleased

Thx a lot! I owe you a beer Wink Big Grin

I can start reviewing again Big Grin

cheerz

__

25-11-2003 11:48 Homepage of Emblem-X
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

Helpfulness rating: 

Hehe thx emblem-x, you can split the beer, a half for me because I explained how I did it but the other half belongs shurely to The Chronic because he was the one who found the link that explained somewhat longer how to setup the Norton Firewall.

Nice to hear this helps people out Big Grin
25-11-2003 20:44
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

damn since i've installed norton personal firewall i am unable to download anything from this site, and i tried all that is written in tutorial here how to do it Frown i've allowed drumnbass.be IP 63.247.85.50 and also i've added it to trusted sites and still i am just moved into listen site Frown ... sorry for offtopic but i'd love to hear the tune

__

16-06-2004 21:54
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

And can't you download it from the listen page?

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-06-2004 22:50 Homepage of Surya
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
damn since i've installed norton personal firewall i am unable to download anything from this site, and i tried all that is written in tutorial here how to do it Frown

Check this thread Link
The http referer must be permitted, that was the trick with me back then...
17-06-2004 00:31
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
damn since i've installed norton personal firewall i am unable to download anything from this site, and i tried all that is written in tutorial here how to do it Frown

Check this thread Link
The http referer must be permitted, that was the trick with me back then...

i've read it and did everything that is mentioned there and more Wink but still i can't download anything.. and i am using basic internet explorer, i've permited ip of this server and also i added drumnbass.be to trusted sites

__

17-06-2004 19:02
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Isn't it possible to turn off the HTTP referer blocking completely? It is absolutely safe to enable this, no security risks involved.

Have you entered the full URL including http:// ?? Don't know if this is needed but it could be important.
The IP of the site shouldn't be entered I think... Probably this is not important but just trying to help!!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
20-06-2004 16:43 Homepage of thechronic
Nasty&Twisted Nasty&Twisted is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1124.jpg

Registration Date: 21-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I seem to have the same problem, I can't dld anything from this site, and the tips mentioned above do not seem to apply to my Norton Internet Security-system, I didn't find no 'advanced' options, no 'add site' ...
24-11-2004 21:22
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Just disable it. Norton personal firewall is rubbish software, use the built-in firewall of Windows XP SP2 instead, in combination with a good virus checker and spyware remover.

__
24-11-2004 22:17 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I have made a new thread concerning this problem with the solution explained clearly in the first post.

Check it out here

__
01-04-2005 14:10 Homepage of thechronic
Thread is closed
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Problems with downloading songs