drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FLStudio 7
Go to the bottom of this page FLStudio 7
Author
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 06-03-2006

HA... ROFL

you thought i had some sort of crazy inside info.

Just thought i'd see what features you guys are hoping for when a new version comes out.

me personally i'd like to see a mix down feature that can chain sequences and export to grain module or audio clip or whatever else you might want all at the touch of a button.

also maybe some sick sample controls like keyed region edits so you can play a sample's user set up regions on different keys of the piano roll. not like the slicer but like multi edits of the same sample set up on different keys.

oh and more synths and fx for extra bonus
09-03-2006 02:45
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

well considering fl 6 has bugs, and is a complete waste of everyones time cause their intrusments suck as it is...and the new lay out is wack... a new versoin isnt too apealing...not to me atleast...

i recomend everyone sticks iwth 5

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

09-03-2006 07:05
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

how about a decent sequencer, cubase style? then I'll start using it

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
09-03-2006 10:28 Homepage of cynik
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by cynik

If you want the cubase sequencer, then just use cubase Tongue

Seriously though, the sequencer could indeed be improved. I would say make a 3 part sequencer, one for patterns, which is a part of the sequencer now and the most convenient for drums I think. Then one you can use with longer sound files such as vocals,... Is also in there allready. The third part should be more like a classic midi sequencer, with a direct link to the piano roll, a cubase-like sequencer in a way. You could use for things like melody lines etc.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
09-03-2006 10:46 Homepage of djfreemc
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
quote:
Originally posted by cynik

If you want the cubase sequencer, then just use cubase Tongue

nah, can't stand it's odd logic, the fact you need fifty mousclicks for something really basic.. I did use it however for Rewire with Reason purposes. until I disovered Tracktion 2 which is far superior latency-wise

what I'm saying is FL has an awesome potential as it's easy to use. the ONLY thing it needs is a "standard" sequencer

__
09-03-2006 11:02 Homepage of cynik
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

more headroom Tongue

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
09-03-2006 11:22 Homepage of Friscko
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Oh, come on guys, FL has awesome sequencer, but it lacks LIQUIDITY. You know, when you put the pattern blocks in the playlist in Reason, you can edit any of them as you want it, with only a doulble click! In FL you should clone the pattern, and then edit it, which is way too slow when your ideas are running high!

The real thing that lacks is MORE HEADROOM, as Friscko says, then BETTER SYNTHS (the only synth that is worth something is Sytrus which takes about 20% CPU power on my 1,8 GHZ machine, which sux).

Anyway, the Piano Roll is one of the most powerful tools I've found in a sequencer!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
09-03-2006 12:02 Homepage of Muad'Dib
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

A way to try different samples on a melody without passing through the file open dialog.

Sliders and knob should show their current value without you first having to change them.

All stuff that has a value without an onw display should consistantly show it's value at the top left.

Better configurable skins (atleast some more options).

An easier way to tweak the pitch of an instument when you are using large pitch ranges. Actually I find it always inaccurate the way it is now.

Bug: When you use randomize on a channel that contains a piano roll, you'll hear the score from the piano roll and the randomized stuff too.

It would be nice if the "swing" setting could be set for each channel in stead of the whole pattern...

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
09-03-2006 18:58 Homepage of BattleDrone
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
well considering fl 6 has bugs, and is a complete waste of everyones time cause their intrusments suck as it is...and the new lay out is wack... a new versoin isnt too apealing...not to me atleast...

i recomend everyone sticks iwth 5

nah just get the latest 6

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
09-03-2006 19:34 Homepage of baz
Tenbucc2 Tenbucc2 is a male
Cool Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
A way to try different samples on a melody without passing through the file open dialog.

file settings... enter your sample folder then you can access it from the browser window and audition samples
09-03-2006 19:35
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Thanks dude, nice hint. Never tried that. You still need to rightclick and send it to then channel, bt hey, I can live with that. (I like Reason better at this point though).

__
09-03-2006 19:44 Homepage of BattleDrone
Cool Tourist

Just a couple of thoughts on some of your comments...

First off, what the hell are you guys "sequencing" where fL's sequencer is being rendered as inadequate? you want to actually see a waveform on the playlist or what?

oh and to add. how bout 2 fx sends (sequencial) in each sequence.
09-03-2006 19:48
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Tenbucc2
you want to actually see a waveform on the playlist or what?

If you use audio clips in the playlist, you can see the waveform actually Big Grin

The main concern most people have with the sequencer is that there is no easy way to make little changes to a pattern throughout the track. You have to make a lot of patterns to do that. In some other sequencer, you can make your first pattern, copy that all the way, and than add your changes here and there. Also there is no quick link between the playlist editor and the piano roll or step sequencer, for example by double-clicking a pattern in the playlist.

quote:
Originally posted by Tenbucc2oh and to add. how bout 2 fx sends (sequencial) in each sequence.

You can always link several channels in a chain to get that.

One more for my wishlist: Being able to control wheter the effects in a channel are chained parallel or serial.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 09-03-2006 23:25.

09-03-2006 23:22 Homepage of djfreemc
Cool Tourist

quote:
You still need to rightclick and send it to then channel, bt hey, I can live with that. (I like Reason better at this point though).

Naw just click and drag into the sampler
13-03-2006 20:15
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:

The main concern most people have with the sequencer is that there is no easy way to make little changes to a pattern throughout the track. You have to make a lot of patterns to do that. In some other sequencer, you can make your first pattern, copy that all the way, and than add your changes here and there. Also there is no quick link between the playlist editor and the piano roll or step sequencer, for example by double-clicking a pattern in the playlist.

I was pointing the same thing

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
19-03-2006 20:07 Homepage of Muad'Dib
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Tenbucc2
quote:
You still need to rightclick and send it to then channel, bt hey, I can live with that. (I like Reason better at this point though).

Naw just click and drag into the sampler

Sure, but in Reason you can just click an arrow and you're allready on the next sample.

__
19-03-2006 23:51 Homepage of BattleDrone
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Sure, but in Reason you can just click an arrow and you're allready on the next sample.

wouldn't give that up for anything!

__
20-03-2006 10:48 Homepage of cynik
PEAHEAD
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1473.jpg

Registration Date: 27-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

wel to be honest i would like to see the vst list updated yeah on fl6 u get stryus 2 but it basicly the same

fl7 shoud show the values of knobs and sliders in the top left bar wen u hover over them

yeah i dnt have problems about the fl sampler i thnk its fine and fast

but yeah u should beable to choose the swing for a chanel not jus the whole pattern

SOUND QUALITY!!!
20-03-2006 11:43
2161... the future.

Helpfulness rating: 

Damn right Peahead, if you play around with Reason or Cubase you always wonder why FL has such bad soundquality. Especially the mixdown is kind of a disaster. Noo Cry

__
20-03-2006 19:20 Homepage of BattleDrone
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

quote:
The main concern most people have with the sequencer is that there is no easy way to make little changes to a pattern throughout the track. You have to make a lot of patterns to do that. In some other sequencer, you can make your first pattern, copy that all the way, and than add your changes here and there.

that's wrong, i recently discovered that with the scisor tool, you can cut your patterns and it automatically send the cutted part to a new sample slot which is free or not i don't remember Roll Eyes

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil
20-03-2006 21:12 Homepage of chomp
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 4 5 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FLStudio 7