drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » best midi controller ?
Go to the bottom of this page best midi controller ?
Author
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 06-03-2006

anyone ever used a really good midi controller that establishes itself well with FLS? specifically i'm trying to see if anyone has used maybe one of novations controllers, a korg microkontol, or a alesis photon and if there are any problems/benefits.
07-03-2006 00:51
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Ive been using an Evolution UC33e for a while now. Works fine. 9 sliders and 24 rotary knobs. I expect that any midi controller will work fine with FL. All you need to do is select the the midi input device in your preferences. Then right click on the control you want to assign and twist the knob. Thats about it. The only problem with using midi devices in FL is as far as I know you can only use one at a time. So its probably best to get a midi keyboard with extra rotary controls attached. Ive also got an Oxygen keyboard which is cool and nice and portable, but it only has 2 octaves. A real pain in the ass. I think if your a keyboard player, the best idea would be to get a larger keyboard than the micro control or similar. Although with these you often dont get rotaries etc attached. It all depends on what you want it for. If you need something simply for tweeking FX parameters etc, go for a dedicated control box like the UC33 or something similar. If you need it for playing keyboard lines, then get a larger midi keyboard. Sorry I couldnt give you a definative answer, but hopefully I gave you some useful points.
07-03-2006 01:33
Tenbucc2 Tenbucc2 is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 06-03-2006

yeah... i have a fatar 66 so the key thing isn't that big a deal... i'm actually looking for something more portable. with rotaries and sliders. I'm aware of how easy they link to fruity... i'm just really interested to see if anyone has had any exceptionally easy relationships with FL interface and their controller or a controller that was just really a fucking nightmare.
07-03-2006 02:44
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

All the M-Audio controllers are automatically recognised by FL...

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-03-2006 10:11 Homepage of Muad'Dib
optikal_assassin optikal_assassin is a male
|da jungle snipa|

images/avatars/avatar-3214.jpg

Registration Date: 18-07-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
All the M-Audio controllers are automatically recognised by FL...

i second that. im using the oxygen8 v2 and it works damn flawlessly within FL. don't know about much anything else tho.

__
Jungle Snipa on MySpace
08-03-2006 03:00
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
The only problem with using midi devices in FL is as far as I know you can only use one at a time.

NO !
i'm actually using 1 Keyboard + 1 oxygen 8 (keyboard + knobs) + 1 evolution UC 33 at the same time with no conflicts (of course two keyboards are useless but my girlfriend keyboard has more notes than my oxygen Cool Big Grin ... Cool

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil
30-03-2006 20:56 Homepage of chomp
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

There must be some way to use them both at the same time, like one with more keys or something... which makes me want to discover some google now Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
30-03-2006 22:04 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

i dont know about the rest of the stuff or how it integrates with FL but i know my edirol pcr 30 is a fuckin beast ..

2 octave keyboard or maybe 3 octaves 8 knobs 8 sliders...

nice
Big Grin

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
31-03-2006 04:34 Homepage of Arkitekt
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

you want the tip ????
use Midi Yoke + Midi Connection Center Wink

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil
31-03-2006 13:47 Homepage of chomp
detox

Registration Date: 15-04-2006

I would sugest any of the Axiom models from m-audio. they have stop ,start buttons etc (i don't know how well they'll intergrate with FL, but i suspect there will be no problem), they have 8 trigger pads, 8 rotary encoders, 9 sliders, 15 buttons (taken from the m-audio site). the microkontrol the the only thing similar to the axiom, just not as darn expensive. it really pisses me off how expensive those korg controllers are. haha. i have an m-audio radium 49 and i've never had any issues. i would get the axiom lines if i already didn't have this one.
15-04-2006 18:45
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » best midi controller ?