drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Chenjo Splinter & Mlon - Pussy Perverts (Machette Remix Wip2)
Go to the bottom of this page Chenjo Splinter & Mlon - Pussy Perverts (Machette Remix Wip2)
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Please check out my new track 'Chenjo Splinter & Mlon - Pussy Perverts (machette Remix Wip2)' and post your comments here!

i got rights for this remix, so tell me what i can enhance on this tune to make it cool & cleeaaan

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by chomp: 04-03-2011 23:29.

04-03-2011 23:23 Homepage of chomp
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Hey Chomp, Pace here. Tune is OK. I personally found it a little distracting with the rasta samples and the girl orgasming as well. Also when the lfo comes in, it drowns out the urban vocals. You could maybe try a few things to get the mix sounding better/cleaner. Maybe you could pan the percussion 20% to the left and 20% to the right (Just to make space for the main vocals). The urban vocals (if you haven't already done this) should be compressed at a ratio of between 4-6:1 with a fast attack and a release of between 200-400ms.

In my experience (and from what I have read), it's really hard to get vocals to sound consistent in dnb if you don't compress them properly). Also, EQ them and cut off all frequencies below 160hz. Maybe add 1 or 2 db on a wide finger at 5, 8 or 10khz (8khz is probably best for this tune).

I would keep the urban vocals central (in the mix) and have the orgasming girl split so some phrases come from slightly to the left and slightly to the right.

Bear in mind, you could try all of this and it might sound worse, you just have to experiment.

All the best,

Pace
05-03-2011 13:42
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

paning tweaks is a really good idea :-) and i didn't compress the vocal yet, thanks for your ideas, i will try them Happy

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil
05-03-2011 14:12 Homepage of chomp
recon47 recon47 is a male
Recon

images/avatars/avatar-3141.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Good stuff! Jungle Ragga vibe going down.

Snare sounds a little too high in the freq range for me and the kick maybe needs more bottom end.

Bring that Mtalk type main mid range down a touch and bring the sub up a touch coz it sticks out far too much for me if you know what i mean?

other than that good track man
11-03-2011 19:53
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Chenjo Splinter & Mlon - Pussy Perverts (Machette Remix Wip2)