drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » chomp - .me Likey De Woom Woom (jump Rap Edit)
Go to the bottom of this page chomp - .me Likey De Woom Woom (jump Rap Edit)
Author
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

Please check out my new track '.me Likey De Woom Woom (jump Rap Edit)' and post your comments here!

jump up and crazy shits on dis one :Happy <=3

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by chomp: 26-02-2011 15:28.

26-02-2011 15:18 Homepage of chomp
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Hey Chomp, Spectral here. Nice intro and cool groovy beat. I also like some of your glitchy sounds you have used. The bass is OK when it comes in. Not sure if you have done this, but I would make sure the mid-range bass and the sub are playing the same notes and pattern (obviously the sub will be a lower octave). In most rap also, the vocals are very fat and full. A lot of dnb producers have tried to use rap in their tunes and have failed miserably. If you check out Origin Unknown 'Stand Clear', Adam F and Fresh Feat. Redman. The tunes are OK, but its very hard to get fat sounding and full bass with fat and full vocals. Just my opinion, I'm not an expert on these things, its just what I've found over the years. If anyone knows different, I'll happily stand corrected. Anyway, all the best, Spectral.
27-02-2011 11:28
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

you are completely right, and dis is really hard to leave the full spectrum of vocals on a dnb tune, i usually cut below 200hz to let more room... because i don't use sidechain compression for the moment, but i think it's the tip to fully use accaps. you have to sidechain kick to the sub basses, and sub/mid vocal to sub and mid bass but it's a lot of work and it will be painfull for me actually cause i got no monitors.
( my subs and mid-bass are played at the the same note but i used a little offset to have more harmonics on mids, that's why it sounds strange, is it really bad ?)

__
27-02-2011 13:03 Homepage of chomp
Spectral Pace
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 19-09-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

I didn't say the tune was bad. It's good for the style that it is. Its just that a lot of producers have tried to use rap and dnb and failed as its pretty hard to make the two gel. Some tunes sound pretty good though for this style. If you check out Bad Company Mo'Fire Feat. Rawhill Cru you'll see that they have full and fat bass as well as full and fat vocals. It just seems to work in that tune. I would either try and re-engineer the tune so that you have a similar bass sound as Bad Company do or maybe leave the tune until you have a better idea of how to improve it.

No-one else has reviewed this tune yet and it would be nice for you to see what some of the veterans round here think. I may be completely wrong...

Peace,

Spectral
27-02-2011 16:15
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

ez man.
I'll type as I listen.

Snare sounds quite hollow.. try layering the snares.
The break is quite original- but its not dnb as far as I can make out.. experimental- yes. dnb? no.

I cant hear any bass of any kind up until 1:30 and what is there after is very very light.. watch your frequencies dude.

Jump-up isnt my thing- but- I know the stabs you've used sound extremely 'dry' and again hollow.

The balance of the levels isnt bad- its just a very odd thing to listen to an ok mixdown completely lacking in the bass dept.

Interesting idea and approach.
Needs a few engineering sticking plasters and surgery but its not terrible. Smile

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
27-02-2011 16:40
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thx i'll check this snare and the bass

__
28-02-2011 20:53 Homepage of chomp
shir_pan
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 01-02-2011

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

nice track! fast and pushing drums, i really like the bassline after the drop! (although i think it needs some more low-end and some more volume) i would turn the piano-like melody down a little (as well as the wobble in 2nd part), rap fits nice into the song (though its sounds a little to jay-z-ish for my taste), would like to see this tune with live-performance Wink

__
http://soundcloud.com/shirpan
01-03-2011 13:25
TuffDread TuffDread is a male
Mr. Tuff

images/avatars/avatar-2867.gif

Registration Date: 26-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Experimental indeed, not what I'd class as jump up drum n bass. Certainly has that Chomp style to it tho mate, keep it up. Cheers, Tuff.

__
Huh
01-03-2011 23:43 Homepage of TuffDread
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

thanks, i'll defo add some sub basses

__
02-03-2011 18:41 Homepage of chomp
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » chomp - .me Likey De Woom Woom (jump Rap Edit)