drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Pace and Swift - Untitled
Go to the bottom of this page Pace and Swift - Untitled
Author
Producer

Registration Date: 20-01-2011

Please check out my new track 'Untitled' and post your comments here!

A rough idea for one of our EP / Promo tunes. Needs a lot more work, but I wanted to get some more perspectives on which direction the tune should go in.

If you have a vision of what this tune needs or what should happen then please let us know.

Pace out.
30-01-2011 12:49 Homepage of Pace and Swift
entrapt

Registration Date: 30-01-2011

Really enjoyed the intro, was just a bit let down by the drop. Was half expecting quite a wild break and then a large drop around the 44 second mark by the way you have led the drums in.
Kick sounds like it has a bit too much low end eq on it still, but I'm not listening to this on my studio monitors. Would sound quite nice if you brought the hats out a bit as well.
Like the 'womp' bass you've used at the start as well would of liked to hear it used a bit more in the main part or leading up to a drop, if you were heading towards making it a bit more of a 'jump up-ish'track
In general its sounding pretty nice at the moment, just a bit more action or something to make it a bit more individual would push it that bit further i thought, understands its still a work in progress though!
30-01-2011 14:18
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

Just seen that you 2 are
From Southend lol I
Live about ten minutes from you 2 I ain't ad time to listen to track coz I'm on me I phone will review later biggup the Essex kru inside the ride

__
buy the ticket take the ride
31-01-2011 08:14
dLO dLO is a male
dannyLO

images/avatars/avatar-3081.jpg

Registration Date: 29-05-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.83

this should drop sooner IMO & the drop needs to be much more climatic. The drums sound quite thin relative to the bass. Melody becomes a bit repetitive after a while. Needs a switch up. This has potential tho. Defo has that big dance floor shaking vibe. kinda Ram Records esque.

__
follow me here:
http://soundcloud.com/dannylo
31-01-2011 17:56
donnybrook donnybrook is a male
Donnybrook

images/avatars/avatar-3073.png

Registration Date: 10-03-2010

You have great breaks man. Not too big of a fan of that initial wub-bass though. But :23+ is just fucking fantastic, that sounds amazing, and again at :44. Good track idea, keep working at it. Needs a bit more variation towards the end, but I understand that its just a rough idea. Look forward to seeing the completed version. What are you using to produce? I have a bass-line that I programmed that might sound great in this tune. Got a dropbox?

__
I like stuff and things.

01-02-2011 11:57
Pace and Swift
Producer

Thanks man. We're using Cubase 5 on a custom built Intel-Quad Core PC (Windows Vista - Crap). On this tune, have used 2-3 z3ta+ vst's, 3-4 NI Massive's and lots of samples. Would love to try out that bassline. Haven't got a dropbox though. If you want, send it either as MIDI or wav to: paceandswift@hotmail.co.uk. Give me the tempo as well and we'll give it a try. MIDI would probably be better, but up to you! All the best, Pace
01-02-2011 15:37 Homepage of Pace and Swift
tryptech tryptech is a male
Tryptech

Registration Date: 16-08-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.63

Liking the breaks alot here.
The wobwobwoooww im less fan off, definately a new style, could do well on dancefloors. Very 8 beat sounding
Its special in a good way

__
ANALOGUE (Tryptech)

01-02-2011 23:51 Homepage of tryptech
pusha
waveform molester

images/avatars/avatar-2985.jpg

Registration Date: 07-01-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.14

would have left the whomps till after the drum again i find a arpegiated kind of noise in here pretty annoying again maybe its just me which it is like i said before im not really into this style of dnb i find the noise's kind of gimicky or to put it a harsher way quite cheesy sorry just being honest would of like to hear more of a roll to the drums sorry if i have been a bit blunt

__
buy the ticket take the ride
02-02-2011 20:32
Pace and Swift
Producer

Thanks to everyone who had constructive comments and read what the initial post was asking for. Much appreciated. Pace out.
02-02-2011 23:14 Homepage of Pace and Swift
Age Break Age Break is a male
Filth is my second name

images/avatars/avatar-3039.gif

Registration Date: 30-11-2009

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

suggest u add a low volume pad in the intro, might give it more depth
drums are nice
like the vocal /synth thingy thats a lil glitchy great job on that.
dont hear much diffrence from intro - drop
try adding a more dramatic drop and try going wild with new synths after drop or even a face melting bass.
like the melodies, very catchy imo

good job guysSmile

__

The One - Age Break
05-02-2011 19:22
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

o la la c'est enorme :-)
awesoooOOOOME

too fresh !
(keep me informed about a final release :-) )

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil
06-02-2011 03:53 Homepage of chomp
W3R3W00F W3R3W00F is a male
Starving artist/DnB newbie

Registration Date: 04-02-2011

It's actually pretty catchy. I like the beats, however they get a little repetitive over time. Still, they've got a nice hook to them, and they're easy to catch on to. The song loops very well, too.

Overall, it's a good song, but it's a little repetitive. Maybe throw in a few new beats here and there and it would be a really cool song.

Good work, man. Smile

__
Starving artist an aspiring musician. Also, game designer.
07-02-2011 21:17
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Pace and Swift - Untitled