drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Mastering » How to master a .wav file with Ozone?
Go to the bottom of this page How to master a .wav file with Ozone?
Author

Registration Date: 24-06-2008

Hey,

Is it possible to master a .wav file with Ozone?
I'm trying to learn how to use Ableton Live + Ozone to master my tracks(that I create with Reason), but I have no idea how to import the files to Ableton.

Or do I have to rewire Ableton and Reason together if I want to master the track without using .wav files? Aaand, because I made the track only by using Reason, is the rewiring too late now?
25-10-2010 16:08
m-ej m-ej is a male
Master Producer

Registration Date: 08-05-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

ableton is all drag n drop m8.
rewire reason when you like its up to you,
theres lots of tuts on youtube about rewiring reason to live Smile

__
m-ej is taking a few steps back from forum life.
25-10-2010 16:36
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

If your cpu can handle it I’d use reason as a rewire in ableton. All sound from reason will then automatically go through the ableton master to which you applied an ozone unit.
Open up ableton and afterwards reason and make reason the slave. Choose one audio track in ableton and select reason as an input (afterwards search for “1/2mix left/right” to get the complete stereo mix).
I rewired that way from time to time as well and liked it better than exporting a wav. You often notice some issues in the mix during the master session and you can fix those quickly with not much effort.
Btw, this basic rewire setup I explained is by far not all that can be done but it’s all you need for your purpose.
25-10-2010 17:17 Homepage of Gregg
vipeeri

Registration Date: 24-06-2008

Thank you for your tips (:
Got the rewire working and Ozone seems to be really nice mastering VST.
Just need to get familiar with it and all the other possibilities I can do with Ableton. Cool
25-10-2010 20:06
Gregg Gregg is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2706.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

Make sure to check out ozone's manual! A good read, simple explanations and some neat tips!

I like Ozone a lot, too. If you need help with anything let me know.
25-10-2010 22:39 Homepage of Gregg
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by Gregg
Make sure to check out ozone's manual! A good read, simple explanations and some neat tips!

2nd that. It is a very good read.

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

25-10-2010 22:45 Homepage of D2o
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by D2o
quote:
Originally posted by Gregg

2nd that. It is a very good read.

3-rd that. Although at moments a bit misleading about mastering, it has great tips how to handle your tracks without spending a dime. Ozone is great, I use it on the individual channels when mastering tracks, and even on the master channel when I can't access the studio.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
26-10-2010 13:06 Homepage of Muad'Dib
SafeandSound SafeandSound is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 19-10-2009

Hi there, I suggest that whatever settings you use in Ozone based on what you hear on your monitors should be checked on a number of systems. this is a good practice in lieu of not having ideal monitoring conditions.

cheers

__
masteringmastering.co.uk
22-06-2011 18:13
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » Mastering » How to master a .wav file with Ozone?