drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reaper » Reaper - buy it or look at the splash screen for free!
Go to the bottom of this page Reaper - buy it or look at the splash screen for free!
Author
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Many people on here will tell you their dislike for ReapeR.

I on the other hand just like the splash screen that tells me I will have 6 seconds to contemplate buying the product even though it will remain 100% unlocked if I don't !?

Daft Buggers !

Huh Big Grin Wink Tongue

edit by thechronic: this thread has been split off from:
Nuendo and FL Studio - a good combo?

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Sentinel: 30-08-2008 03:12.

30-08-2008 03:11 Homepage of Sentinel
selig
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by TheSentinel
Many people on here will tell you their dislike for ReapeR.

This is just a personal opinion and has nothing to do with it's sound quality. Lots of people on doa have ditched cubase for reaper but that's has nothing to do with anything either..

quote:
I on the other hand just like the splash screen that tells me I will have 6 seconds to contemplate buying the product even though it will remain 100% unlocked if I don't !? Daft Buggers !

I suppose when you've got $100,000,000 in the bank you're not that bothered about a few people using your product for nothing. Personally I think it's good, in fact I use it as my main daw these days, and like reaper because, unlike most other daws, it's made by somebody who loves making music and his sole purpose isn't to rip his customers off. How many businesses are run like that these days?

http://www.rollingstone.com/news/story/5..._dangerous_geek
30-08-2008 10:43
Sentinel Sentinel is a male
Mr. Grumpy

images/avatars/avatar-2995.png

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.92

Ya man Reaper has a few things I like about it too like for instance the Mixer channels tell you the peak levels above them which I find useful as I don't have to bother opening up a seperate Stand alone spectrum analyzer or VsT to do so.

All DAWs should have one built in.

As far as the audio engine / quality goes for Reaper I have no idea as I haven't used it much and don't really like the layout.

I just find Reason much easier to use even if it sounds more Digital/cold whatever.

eZ.

__

30-08-2008 14:10 Homepage of Sentinel
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reaper » Reaper - buy it or look at the splash screen for free!