drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Questions
Go to the bottom of this page FL Questions
Author
Thisisausername Thisisausername is a male
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-2604.jpg

Registration Date: 19-05-2008

Right basicly, spent all yesterday making a tune (in FL5) but because of my computer I had to try and work on it through loud clicks and it constantly stop-starting....(Ive heard the clicks dont happen in FL8??? Confused )

I'd heard that the altering the bufferlength would help, It didnt though...Noo

So I thought I'd render it to mp3 to clearly hear whats going on...

And basicly, a couple of elements of the song, most importantly one layer of my snares disapears completely after about 5 minutes....

So my questions are:

How do I get my snare back for the last part of my song?

Will an FL5 Project open in FL8?

And What is the best bufferlength to run a song at?

Thanks.... Big Grin
13-08-2008 13:02
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

it is very important to have ASIO drivers for your soundcard so the required buffer will be a lot smaller and the start/stop shit and the cracking sounds will be less present. You probably have a cheap (on board) soundcard which is not the best thing to make music. You can search for a piece of software called ASIOforALL, this will give you ASIO drivers for any soundcard.

a tune from FL <8 will normally open in FL8 but there were some problems in the past with sliced breaks not being available in the newer version, so watch out.
If your PC has problems with FL5 then don't start using FL8 as it requires more system resources which you don't seem to have available at the moment.

Buffer length should be as short as possible but when your sound is getting distorted and seems to start stop all the time (or sound like it is timestretched) then your bufferlenght needs to be extended more.

Snare drum? Check your tune when you have your driver issues cleared, then you will be able to fully examine your tune.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
13-08-2008 18:19 Homepage of BattleDrone
GeeZZ
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 31-03-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

look at thr cpu level at the top wen this reachs bout 90+ u will start 2 get dropouts ect there quite a few thing u can do 2 'optimise' u computer for audio prodution like above u need asio but u really need a sound card deadicated to prodution.

i can tell u sum tweaks but it depends wat operating system u got, (xp,vista
there also lots of tips 4 this on net .
17-08-2008 03:45
junglist06 junglist06 is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-2586.jpg

Registration Date: 12-09-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

i get the same problem with the crackling etc, it bloody annoying, cant wait to get a new computer. yeh you can use flp's from fl5 in fl8, i have recentley made the same switch, loving fl8!

__
aka D-Man.....salute the junglist general
17-08-2008 13:43
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I'm on my phone now, so I can't post links, but go through the threads to the thread called "WTF?! Major clipping problems with FL Studio" where I wrote a little tutorial about optimizing FL. Might help ya, it helped the thread starter Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
17-08-2008 18:48 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Ok, here is the link: WTF! Major clipping problems with FL!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
18-08-2008 14:26 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » FL Questions