drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » WTF! Major clipping problems with FL!
Go to the bottom of this page WTF! Major clipping problems with FL!
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

I've been having this problem. It shouldn't even be one. FLstudio keeps clipping, even when everything is stopped. The track will start off fine, it'll get half way into the breakdown, and it'll just start clipping. It has done this for like every track. The buffer rate is full.

My processes tab (ctrl+alt+del) says that it is running way less. Regardless, it still shouldn't be using even that amount!

I have 1 z3ta, Massive, and 3xOsc running. None of the effects that are running take up enough CPU to do this.

I have a Intel Quad Core 3.00 Ghz Processor and 1.5 Gigs of RAM. This shouldn't be happening, my old 1.5 Ghz and 512 Megs RAM machine ran FL better! This is really, really pissing me off that I can't even work smoothly. I know for a FACT it should be running at at least 20-30 TOPS. FUCK! Mad Mad Mad Mad

Please help.

60% to 99%

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Acoustiks: 26-03-2008 00:56.

26-03-2008 00:48
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Try this:
Go to Options -> Audio Settings
- check the buffer size again.
- turn on (or off) the "Use hardware buffer" checkbox.
- turn on "Use polling"
- turn on "Auto-close device" next to the device dropdown list.
- if you use ASIO drivers, check its' settings. ASIO drivers have separate buffer, so go to the ASIO configuration panel and increase the value.
- if you use ASIO4All, go to ASIO conf. panel, select your hardware and increase the main buffer. Also, turn on "Use hardware buffer" check box.
- (this is probably the most important and often neglected) check the type of interpolation and sample rate in the mixer area. It should be 6-point hermite and 44100 Hz. Other interpolation methods are very slow, though better at processing sound (this has no connection to the rendering interpolation method, just with the playing your tune from within FL Studio)

Then try these:
- Tools -> Macros -> Switch smart disable for all plug-ins. The first few seconds when you turn on this macro, the CPU usage will rise, but then will drop down and you will notice a tremendous improvement.
- Options -> General Settings: turn on "Multithreaded generator processing"; turn off: "Ultrasmooth visual feedback"

Can't remember much more, let me know if you still have problems (as they might be in the OS and the audio drivers, and not in FL Studio).

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
26-03-2008 01:15 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Acoustiks Acoustiks is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

THANK YOU SO MUCH! Now it is running smooth a silk! Big Grin Tongue Wink
26-03-2008 02:09
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

i get it too it's a vst you got, try turning them off systimaticly until you find the one that's running output when it's off. be thank full, if you had a real band, the fucking amps kick out 60hz for no reason at all and trying to find the one fucking di box that has the ground loop is annoying enough when you realize it's more than one.... Big Grin

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

26-03-2008 06:40 Homepage of Halph-Price
izzi izzi is a male

images/avatars/avatar-2938.jpg

Registration Date: 11-11-2009

wow! I had the same problem and this solution does realy workSmile
14-11-2009 11:00
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » WTF! Major clipping problems with FL!