drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » newbee needs answers on samples and copyrights
Go to the bottom of this page newbee needs answers on samples and copyrights
Author
str8 outa nocash

images/avatars/avatar-2685.jpg

Registration Date: 31-12-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

first off hi too all.

i am pretty new to producing and this site, and was wondering about copyright laws. i notice some people on here are using samples from movies is this ok to do? also would freestlye hip-hop stuff be classed as copyright?
also on one of the other threads someone said that you can be sued for using certain kick drum sample???????? please explain wot i can and cant use.

cheers Confused
11-01-2008 12:45
collective collective is a male
TeamSleaze.com

Registration Date: 28-11-2006

use what ever you like man fuck them all the chance that they will find you is slim if you do use film samples twist them a little and make tem sound diffrent will help you if you are worried but dont be mate fuck them

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!
11-01-2008 14:51 Homepage of collective
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
i notice some people on here are using samples from movies is this ok to do?

No it is not OK, if you hear a track with movie samples in it please report it so it can be deleted.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-01-2008 17:33 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by the moneyshot
first off hi too all.

i am pretty new to producing and this site, and was wondering about copyright laws. i notice some people on here are using samples from movies is this ok to do? also would freestlye hip-hop stuff be classed as copyright?
also on one of the other threads someone said that you can be sued for using certain kick drum sample???????? please explain wot i can and cant use.

cheers Confused

Copyright law is very, very simple. You can only use samples of other people's work if you have their written permission.

So unless you actually *have* this signed piece of paper in your hands you can NEVER use anything you have not made yourself.

There are several threads about this topic already:
Can I Use Samples of Historical Speeches?
is it illegal to use PC game sounds ?
does anyone get their stuff copyrighted?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-01-2008 18:04 Homepage of thechronic
Thread is closed
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » newbee needs answers on samples and copyrights