drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » bass with OSCx3 and PSPSaturator
Go to the bottom of this page bass with OSCx3 and PSPSaturator
Author
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

quote:
Originally posted by Seven Gun
quote:
Originally posted by gls

Upload the presets instead of wavs, so I know the sounds came from just the 3xOsc, and I'll see what I can do.

just trust me, they are 3xosc.
back me up halph.

Upload the presets then...
26-07-2007 13:44
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

i'll PM them to you instead.
man, if you can make em like these on sytrus, you had better
share that wonderful knowledge.

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Seven Gun: 26-07-2007 13:55.

26-07-2007 13:53
gls
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

I don't know if you all know but FL8 is gonna come with an FL Studio version of SynthMaker, so we can make our own synths inside fl. I think you'll still need to buy the proper version to make standalone vsti with it though. So, I expect the "what synth is best arguments" will escalate once it comes out. Big Grin

http://synthmaker.co.uk/about.html
26-07-2007 13:57
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

"My synths are better then your synths"-style discussions will be all over the place Big Grin

Where did you get that info btw?

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
26-07-2007 14:04 Homepage of BattleDrone
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

but yea, the OScx3 makes a wobble bassline, pure, clean, and cPU free. you find me any other synth that does what the OSCx3 does, it doesn't seem that hard, but it's hard to find one.

i'm using vanguard that can do easily nice wobbles to and own many more waveforms... try it to.
here

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by chomp: 26-07-2007 17:01.

26-07-2007 16:59 Homepage of chomp
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

big up chompster.
yeah, i use vanguard too. can get some very tasty
twisted individual wobbles on that beast.
ya need to practice tho.
my biggest thing on my "to do" list, is to practice on sytrus for a while.

__
26-07-2007 18:58
chomp chomp is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1614.gif

Registration Date: 06-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

sytrus seems so complicated for my little brain i don't think i will use it before a long time, i'm mastering my 3xOSC for the moment, thx to ya. let us hear some sounds of the sytrus when ya got ready Big Grin and then maybe i will try it

__
Devil soundcloud.com/machette Devil
26-07-2007 19:13 Homepage of chomp
gls
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
"My synths are better then your synths"-style discussions will be all over the place Big Grin

Where did you get that info btw?

I got it off their forum, either gol or JMC said it. If you're a registered user just do a search there for SynthMaker to see for yourself.

They're going to give us a new compressor too. I think this is based on it; only with a different skin and no controls, just 4 presets and a gain knob... The fl version will come with all the buttons etc.

http://youwashockvst.googlepages.com/
26-07-2007 21:40
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by chomp
quote:

but yea, the OScx3 makes a wobble bassline, pure, clean, and cPU free. you find me any other synth that does what the OSCx3 does, it doesn't seem that hard, but it's hard to find one.

i'm using vanguard that can do easily nice wobbles to and own many more waveforms... try it to.
here

USE THE EXACT SAME THING, GREAT EFFECTS ON IT, and useful for detuned pads, and basslines, and good cutoffs

but the 3 osc in that only have tuning by semitones, not by cents, 3xosc as the cents to tune allowing the detune wobble from pure waveforms.

and it's not like i am saying only 3xOSC i am just saying a lot of people write it off and underrate it compared to these synths that have more bells adn whistles then simple functions.

by no means do i use 3xOSC as a standalone synth, the titles of the thread is 3xOSC WITH saturation. there's many plug-ins i have that i can use with the osc adn get different sounds. most of them are distortion.

ok, here i go into some other techniques.

2 3xOSC of the exact same patches, one with the bottem end filters out entirly leaving just a bit above 200hz, and then distort, and then theother identical patch filter out all teh top end, having just the sub. boos the sub if you can with MixBass from PSP.

clean bottem end and a nasty distorted top end.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 27-07-2007 01:17.

27-07-2007 01:06 Homepage of Halph-Price
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

ok, here i go into some other techniques.

2 3xOSC of the exact same patches, one with the bottem end filters out entirly leaving just a bit above 200hz, and then distort, and then theother identical patch filter out all teh top end, having just the sub. boos the sub if you can with MixBass from PSP.

clean bottem end and a nasty distorted top end.

TOO RIGHT.
ya can easy use 2x 3xsc, et voila 6xosc Big Grin

anyways....
so i been having a little practice on sytrus for bass....
omg Shocked Rinse
i gave up on it for basses a while back, because i didnt have enough
knowledge on the technical side of it back then, but now...
i am making some really really cool bass sounds with it.
look out for some of them in my next tune Big Grin

__
30-07-2007 05:23
dotbee 4eva

Helpfulness rating: 

i've just finished a bass pack done mostly by 3x osc.
should be available for dl soon.

__
01-09-2007 03:27
d-bamtek

Registration Date: 15-01-2008

hmmm like i have a problem mates eheh
I dunno how to make good bass's .. i dont have problem with all the other basic stuffs .. i hope someone can help me Big Grin
21-01-2008 13:43
Nebulizer Nebulizer is a male
Danny boy

Registration Date: 28-08-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.00

I just got FL7 and been trying to get my head around 3xosc. Havnt really worked out how to get much going on it tho, does anyone know any decent wobble tutorials for it or where to start?

Im in love with the wob but still cant find the perfect platform to achieve wobbly greatness. I have been practicing on Massive for quite a while now and am getting some nice sounds out of it, but i dont think its really the master when it comes to wobbles.

__
Art For Your Ears...
27-01-2008 23:58
darkstar darkstar is a male
Amateur DnB Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2365.gif

Registration Date: 11-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

3osc is one of those things where you wish you could thank Didier (gol) personally for a fantastic job of making such a versatile and low-cpu synth. Using the 3rd oscillator as a pulse width modifier or whatever that thing is called (wow, slipped out of pro just then Smile ) can give you some of the nastiest sounds when married with a couple of good distortion engines.

Not to mention being able to use pitch slides in the Piano Roll. Really wish that there were more compatibility with that for other synths in FL. I'd love to see Massive or FM8 controlled like that. Then I'd use them Evil

Neb, wobble is all filter as you should already know. Play with some LFO settings in the CUT tab or, should you feel you can do a good enough job with drawing them, make an automation clip through your filter of choice and draw them in that way. I prefer the analogness of doing it with a slider on my control surface, but I digress.

__

28-01-2008 00:11
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Production questions & answers » bass with OSCx3 and PSPSaturator