drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » noise killing earphone
Go to the bottom of this page noise killing earphone
Author
Guiness factory

Registration Date: 26-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.67

Hi peepz...

I'm looking for a noise killing earphone... wondering what you guys think about them, and if you can advise one in particular....

the one seems ok, but it IS ugly....

http://www.i-nique.com/showdetails.asp?id=400

__
Yesterday' s futur is today!! Doped
19-12-2006 18:34
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Sure, they might be good, but watch out with this stuff. You'll have ear damage before you know it.
And yes, I know what I'm talking about.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-12-2006 19:36 Homepage of BattleDrone
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

stay away from the ones that go right into your ear.

they have fucked my ears up a bit since using them.

got some with my sony phone and been using them on my mp3 player.

think there is nowhere for the air to go so the air pessure between them and your ear drum is alot higher than that of normal earphones.

wish i'd worked that out sooner. Frown

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

19-12-2006 22:20 Homepage of D2o
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

those look pretty scary..

why dont just get good fully closed headphones.. u will get no or very little noise with them.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
20-12-2006 10:58 Homepage of cynik
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok, thanks peeps...

But I don't think it would be worse for my ears since the overall volume won't change a bit, only the background noise won't be here any more so I won't need to push the volume so much..

Very good analys Jimmy, never thought of that.... Big Grin

__
20-12-2006 11:30
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Jimmy C
think there is nowhere for the air to go so the air pessure between them and your ear drum is alot higher than that of normal earphones.

No that's not true, since they close off your ear canal it is not possible that the air pressure inside your ear changes, except if you put something like an air compressor up your eustachian tube.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
21-12-2006 15:42 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

In-ears are great, especially the moulded ones, I have the habit of using them on mu ipod when driving, it lowers the car noise with almost 30dB, so I can put my ipod volume very low.

I have Westone ES-2's, made by Variphone in Belgium. They're quite expensive though (700 euro ex VAT) but I needed them for work and am mighty pleased with them Tongue

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
21-12-2006 15:46 Homepage of thechronic
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:

No that's not true, since they close off your ear canal it is not possible that the air pressure inside your ear changes, except if you put something like an air compressor up your eustachian tube.

LOL

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
21-12-2006 15:54 Homepage of cynik
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
In-ears are great, especially the moulded ones, I have the habit of using them on mu ipod when driving, it lowers the car noise with almost 30dB, so I can put my ipod volume very low.

I have Westone ES-2's, made by Variphone in Belgium. They're quite expensive though (700 euro ex VAT) but I needed them for work and am mighty pleased with them Tongue

Lucky you!!! ;-)

Could you have a look at the link I've posted, just to let me know what you think please.... if you have a minute that is, of course Wink

__
21-12-2006 16:11
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
quote:

I too noticed that that kind of earphones (in-ears) really do make more damage to my ears. It's like with the other ones my ears can 'breathe' more or something Confused

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
21-12-2006 20:05 Homepage of Muad'Dib
PLaGuE CeLL PLaGuE CeLL is a male
Subwoofer on a Killing Spree

images/avatars/avatar-1457.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

Creative Labs EP-630s are pretty good Smile
not too pricey either, bout 10-20 quid depending on where ya go, but dont let the price fool ya they are pretty damn nice earphones... they come with 3 different sized rubber earpieces and they dont fall out cos u whack em right in to ur ear :p
ive had mine for a while n they still sound as good as when i got them and even if they did break theyre cheap to replace, whereas some of these 60-600 quid ones well, arent :p

they look pretty nice too, black n silver, and the bass is relly good and the mids and highs are relly defined too, something ive noticed other types of these in-ear earphones lack Smile

__
My Myspace
16-01-2007 19:38
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:

YEA BUT MOST IDIOTS WOULD SITLL HAVE THE IPOD ON MAX.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 24-01-2007 03:09.

24-01-2007 03:09 Homepage of Halph-Price
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
quote:

Lol, true.... I'm looking for those since it is fucking windy where I am and I am upset about hearing the wind more than the dnb....

__
24-01-2007 12:56
Knives Knives is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 29-11-2006

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
quote:

WHAT?!

I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER MY IPOD!

*rimshot*

Anyway... I've heard talk that these in-ear headphones - the quality ones, anyway - are actually better for the average listener's hearing, because they allow you to turn down the volume and maintain clarity (because of the acoustic noise cancelling). Before these things, I completely avoided earbud headphones; traditional earbuds are TERRIBLE for your hearing, compared to over-the-ear phones. I'm getting mighty sick of my AKG K-55s though, especially for mixing... I barely have the cash for food, let alone expensive hardware - go college!

My hearing has always been pretty sensitive and accurate, I always wear earplugs while motorcycling on the highway and I like to think my music isn't too loud, even on the bus. I hope these things turn out to be OK.

I've got a pair of Shure E4Gs in the mail. They'd better arrive soon so I can see what the fuss is about...

__
VIOLENCE IN ACTION

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Knives: 25-01-2007 01:54.

25-01-2007 01:53
tetsuo tetsuo is a male
Guiness factory

Helpfulness rating: 

Ok guys..

thanks for all who replied.... Rasta

i got some philips SHN2500 noise killing earphone, and I'm more than happy with them:

Sound quality is great, and even without the noise canceling option off, you hear good, no need to push volume more that 60%.

The noise canceling is very useful in a car, plane, bus.... still with the same volume, you hear more your music than the motors....

Good stuff...... 50 euros by the way....

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by tetsuo: 01-02-2007 16:41.

01-02-2007 16:40
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » noise killing earphone