drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » need help !!!!!!!!!!! plz
Go to the bottom of this page need help !!!!!!!!!!! plz
Author
TeamSleaze.com

Registration Date: 28-11-2006

hi peeps yes this is going to be one of those annoying threads but come on you all had to learn from the beginning right?..

well anyway

i want to start producing D&B hence the reason that im on here. lol

i am currently running cubase sx3 although id rather run nuendo
i have a m-audio midi keyboard
and all this is running on a 3.4 amd cpu
with 2gig ram and a 320gig disk drive i have an emu 12-20 souncard.

well any way as you can see ive got the pc to do the things im hoping to do on.

well let me get started with what help i need

im currently struggling with the whole thing how do get my samples that run at 120-130 bpm that i have as rex files to run at 160-170 bpm, do i need additional software or not?

how come when i load a audio file it never fits into the bar structure at the top?
is there a way of making the bar allignment at the top of the track thing to fit with the lenght of the audio file or do you just have to leave it as it is?

apart from cubase does any one have any other software that they can reccomend that i use or can i do it all on cubase soz for the newbie question

anyway enough of my problems!!

any help will br greatly received. thanks for taking the time to reply ( if you do that is)

collective

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by collective: 28-11-2006 23:50.

28-11-2006 22:32 Homepage of collective
dj dub-ble-j dj dub-ble-j is a male
Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1883.jpg

Registration Date: 22-11-2006

if you are starting to produce music ie,(drum & bass).i shall tell you now,it is not easy.first of all can you mix,or do you own decks?.

1/ if so you will understand the time and effort put into the tracks,and how the basics of drum & bass works.if you would like to listen to a really good produced track on this site,just go to producer name "CAMO" his tracks are top class.

2/if you cant mix,well you have a lot to learn.(but im sure you can),thats why your here.

ok,you have cubase sx3.um im not quite sure how to say this,but this program is not for a starter like your self,i would recomend reason.

when you import an audio file make sure it is the same tempo as the saved track you are making.its hard to explain mate im sure you will figar it out.

good luck, i hope some of this helps.

dub-ble-j "way of life records"-coming soon

__
j.jochacy
28-11-2006 23:49 Homepage of dj dub-ble-j
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

this might not be what your askin but another way of makin your Audio files fit beetween the bars,.. is to "Timestretch" with the "Snap" on..<-hope that's usefull. Smile

__
Space
28-11-2006 23:50
collective collective is a male
TeamSleaze.com

Registration Date: 28-11-2006

yeah i do mix

thanks for the advice my man i will try to work out what you mean bout the fixed tempo thiong i alreadyhave the basic idea of what you mean ta!!!!

__
did you know that some men go out with men not as freinds!!! huummm thats a bit odd aint it!!!!!!
28-11-2006 23:52 Homepage of collective
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » need help !!!!!!!!!!! plz