drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » can someone help me
Go to the bottom of this page can someone help me
Author
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1871.jpg

Registration Date: 18-10-2006

right now i use Acid 6.0, Sound Forge 8.0, M-Audio Axiom 25, Roland RS-S and an Alesis SR-16. I,m about to get Reason and im looking for some kinda hardware that i can produce sick ass bass lines with..... and i have no clue were to begin looking..... thanks in advance

respekt

john

__
Click here....

16-11-2006 19:08 Homepage of Qel-Droma
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

your mind

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

16-11-2006 23:32 Homepage of D2o
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

sorry im being a cunt

what sort of money do you have to spend??

also if you want to use hardware in your productions you might want to think about other software than reason as it has no midi out

also i wouldn't get hardware straight away if you are new to production.

if i were you i'd get to grips with the synths in reason and other softsynths just to learn the bassics.

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by D2o: 16-11-2006 23:35.

16-11-2006 23:33 Homepage of D2o
@1$-)
unregistered
i disagree with you jimmy on the "i wouldnt get hardware straight away if you are new to production" bit. Big Grin

if you can afford some nice stuff do it, i think you would find it easier to adjust to a software drum machine or synth in the future if youve been using a hardware one.

rtfm
17-11-2006 02:15
oldmanravah oldmanravah is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 13-11-2006

Well, cost is not a huge issue as long as the equipment is worth what I pay for it. I would rather spend $1000 on something that is very versatile and has good sound quality than $700 on mediocracy. As far as software, I have been working with acid and sound forge software for a minute now and have heard soooo much about reason but have not ever tried to use the program. I am thinking I am going to get it just to see what all the fuss is about. It might sound dumb but I have no idea how reason stacks up to systems like protools, acid, etc...John and I are wanting to get hardware because we think it will speed the production process up as far as having sounds we need and also the amount of time that has to be spent editing/enhancing sounds. John and I are older and have very little time to spend making tracks but have a lot of great ideas for things we have not heard other people do yet. We are just looking to streamline the process without losing ANY of the quality.....

-EZ
James

__
Click here...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by oldmanravah: 17-11-2006 02:46.

17-11-2006 02:35
@1$-)
unregistered
"I have no idea how reason stacks up to systems like protools, acid, etc..."
er. reason doesnt record audio for starters.
and the sound bank is shit. but its a cool sequencer, just rewire the audio.

"john and i are older" wtf is that all about. are you collecting your pension?
17-11-2006 03:26
Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
""john and i are older" wtf is that all about. are you collecting your pension?

No, not that old.... Hihi .....Just that we are both 30ish and have children, mortgages, established careers.....Hell my wife and I are expecting a child this March......Does not leave much time for playing with music...

__
Click here...

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by oldmanravah: 17-11-2006 03:34.

17-11-2006 03:33
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by oldmanravah
have very little time to spend making tracks We are just looking to streamline the process without losing ANY of the quality
Goin with hardware is usually slower & more complicated imo,..software is forshure->(in most cases),.more geared toward's streamlin'in the process,..compare->"Natives Kontakt" for example,.with an old hard Emu sampler,..shitload easier to learn,.. again imo,....anyway that's me ten cent's,..hope was helpfull,...cheers.

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 17-11-2006 06:29.

17-11-2006 06:28
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

quote:
Originally posted by Qel-Droma
right now i use Acid 6.0, Sound Forge 8.0, M-Audio Axiom 25, Roland RS-S and an Alesis SR-16. I,m about to get Reason and im looking for some kinda hardware that i can produce sick ass bass lines with..... and i have no clue were to begin looking..... thanks in advance

respekt

john

You have the same setup as me except for the roland and the maudio. Do u have the oldskool alesis or the nuskool with the shitty rubber buttons? I dont have reason, but u can produce some sick basslines with a midi controller, and NI Absynth, Albino, Korg M1 or Legacy, or Novation Bass Station. I have never messed with Reason, and unless I can find it for free I dont plan on it. Just know the VSTi host in Acid sucks cock, FL is way better for hosting imo. Edit: Also, just know anything you can do with hardware you can do with software now adays, the only convience of hardware is the hands on (controlling knobs) part

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philthy McNasty: 17-11-2006 06:35.

17-11-2006 06:32 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

quote:
Originally posted by iKoN aka Philthy
quote:

the only convience of hardware is the hands on (controlling knobs) part
gotta disagree with the Ikon's on that,..it all depend's on which type of hardware your on about,..for gettin a warm sound on your bass,..drum's ect,...a tube compressor is a great buy,..also could be chained with a graphic equalizer,...slap all this before your mixer and your soundcard will be soundin a shitload better,...A good synth is another piece of hardware that's worth lookin into,...this way you can make your own samples n sound's instead of relyin on the net,..sample c.d.'s ect,...and there your's,.....and then there's allway's the good old hard sampler,...allot of good thing's have been said and proven bout em,...i don't have a hardy sampler but am seriously wantn one,....all in good time,..anyway im babblin away as usuall,...hope this was helpfull,..cheers.

equipped has attached this image (reduced version):
kb1.jpg

equipped has attached this image:
sstallone10_t.jpg

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 17-11-2006 08:26.

17-11-2006 08:24
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

get some guitar distortion. works great on bass

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
17-11-2006 09:28 Homepage of cynik
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

@ equipped

have you just got the Rocky DVD box set??? Big Grin

__

17-11-2006 10:29 Homepage of D2o
Qel-Droma Qel-Droma is a male
Cool Tourist

quote:
quote:

You have the same setup as me except for the roland and the maudio. Do u have the oldskool alesis or the nuskool with the shitty rubber buttons? I dont have reason, but u can produce some sick basslines with a midi controller, and NI Absynth, Albino, Korg M1 or Legacy, or Novation Bass Station. I have never messed with Reason, and unless I can find it for free I dont plan on it. Just know the VSTi host in Acid sucks cock, FL is way better for hosting imo. Edit: Also, just know anything you can do with hardware you can do with software now adays, the only convience of hardware is the hands on (controlling knobs) part
thanks for the input , i bought my alesis new about 6 years ago. i will look into NI Absynth and the others. As far as "hands on" thats what really makes me love music..... i think im pretty good at manipulating my synth to make some pretty awesome sounds infact the track is still under construction but all the synths and beats of the first version of our song was made with my synth and drum machine. with the exception of the hi hats and two samples i got off of the download page on this forum "MixManDan-Dark_Sci-fi " thanks Wink ... so what im looking for is something i can actually play that will give me the ability to make peoples ears bleed.... err ...umm... i mean.... make some really awsome sounds!!!

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
the only convience of hardware is the hands on (controlling knobs) part gotta disagree with the Ikon's on that,..it all depend's on which type of hardware your on about,..for gettin a warm sound on your bass,..drum's ect,...a tube compressor is a great buy,..also could be chained with a graphic equalizer,...slap all this before your mixer and your soundcard will be soundin a shitload better,...A good synth is another piece of hardware that's worth lookin into,...this way you can make your own samples n sound's instead of relyin on the net,..sample c.d.'s ect,...and there your's,.....and then there's allway's the good old hard sampler,...allot of good thing's have been said and proven bout em,...i don't have a hardy sampler but am seriously wantn one,....all in good time,..anyway im babblin away as usuall,...hope this was helpfull,..cheers.
thanks.... tube compressor... what are some good brands/models to look at?

__
Click here....

17-11-2006 13:47 Homepage of Qel-Droma
Tourist

I definitely agree that you can make the same sounds with software as with hardware but I like the idea of being able to one day play a live show. Since we are a duo I would like to have the ability to play a show where one of us is dropping ch00ns and the other can add to it and change the feel of the songs with our equipment....kinda have the best of both worlds in our performances. You just do not see that very often and I really like to be able to surprise people, I just like to keep the crowd guessing....

__
Click here...

17-11-2006 14:02
Cool Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by oldmanravah
I definitely agree that you can make the same sounds with software as with hardware but I like the idea of being able to one day play a live show. Since we are a duo I would like to have the ability to play a show where one of us is dropping ch00ns and the other can add to it and change the feel of the songs with our equipment....kinda have the best of both worlds in our performances. You just do not see that very often and I really like to be able to surprise people, I just like to keep the crowd guessing....

__
Click here....

17-11-2006 14:10 Homepage of Qel-Droma
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

you can play live shows using computer only. check ableton live

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
17-11-2006 14:42 Homepage of cynik
Cool Tourist

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
you can play live shows using computer only. check ableton live
well that defeats the purpose...... the way we want to play is as follows.... james will be spinning records and cds.... while i will be playing addons and tracks, using hardware and software

__
Click here....

17-11-2006 14:49 Homepage of Qel-Droma
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

Dude no offense, but u should take it to the next level, there is two of u and u wont get the same response that u would off a live pa. I personally, and this is just me, would laugh if I saw two guys, one spinning, and the other adding pads to the track. Thats just me though

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philthy McNasty: 17-11-2006 14:56.

17-11-2006 14:55 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Cool Tourist

quote:
Dude no offense, but u should take it to the next level, there is two of u and u wont get the same response that u would off a live pa. I personally, and this is just me, would laugh if I saw two guys, one spinning, and the other adding pads to the track. Thats just me though
i would laugh too.... if that was what i saw.... but i think you are misinterpreting what i wrote or maybe i wrote it incorrectly.... it would be live pa and djing at the same time.... we have done this before and got a great response and thats why we wanted to pursue this and upgrade our equipment and start producing..... i do appreciate your honesty tho

__
Click here....

17-11-2006 15:09 Homepage of Qel-Droma
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
james will be spinning records and cds.... while i will be playing addons and tracks, using hardware and software

I read it wrong, but still. I am gonna have to come check u guys out since ur in Florida, to see what yall are about Edit:What style do you guys mess with?

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philthy McNasty: 17-11-2006 15:30.

17-11-2006 15:29 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » can someone help me