drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Reviews, giving and getting...
Go to the bottom of this page Reviews, giving and getting... 6 Votes - Average Rating: 5.67
Author
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
well I understood the first part of your post, the second barely.. but, dude, what youre on??? offcourse there is an "artistic" side of the track, making music is art in the end.

but we're here mainly (I guess) to give views about PRODUCTION. the technicalities, you know how good the mixdown sounds, use of effects, etc etc. dnb being (again mainly) dancefloor music there is the dancability factors, how good the beats roll, the power when the bass drops etc etc..

so leaving the personal tastes aside gives the most objective reviews, although it is sometimes very hard to do because of great dislikes...

couldnt of put it better myself..... Bigup

__
My Sounds
09-12-2005 09:47
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

before i post a track i'll review 5 others. i tihnk that's fair. of course i always post my track after i review, so it's at the top, but meh.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

11-03-2007 22:36 Homepage of Halph-Price
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

the easiest way to review, is just listen to the song, and think what you would have liked to hear, compared to what you heard. even if it's not improvment on an amazing songs, it's an alternative.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 16-07-2007 21:55.

16-07-2007 21:55 Homepage of Halph-Price
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
before i post a track i'll review 5 others. i tihnk that's fair. of course i always post my track after i review, so it's at the top, but meh.
Roll Eyes Big Grin
hmmm ; i think i know about times u've done it the other way around Happy j/k

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
16-08-2007 19:31 Homepage of baz
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

i find its a good idea too.
do a few reveiws of the recent crap, then post your own
piece of genius Big Grin

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"
20-08-2007 15:41
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

im a regular reviewer and didnt post a tune in ages.

bumped my latest one like 3 times and didnt get a single comment. this is real gay Censored

__
MySpace
19-12-2007 09:21 Homepage of Rudeone
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by Rudeone
im a regular reviewer and didnt post a tune in ages.

bumped my latest one like 3 times and didnt get a single comment. this is real gay Censored

But you got 17 posts on your track (including some of yourself ofcourse) which is above average I think. Sorry, can't review it twice.

I see some new names posting tunes and never saw them reviewing anything before getting producer rights.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-12-2007 11:04 Homepage of BattleDrone
freestyle
Steppa

Registration Date: 05-04-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.50

hello...

A very professional out look on reviews, im a member on some other sites, this place seems to take the best aspects of them all and combine them into one.

il try and be as constructive as possible.

thanks.

__
Freestyle has been permanently banned from this site for the following reasons:
- he tricked people into sending him high quality versions of their tracks, under the false pretense of releasing a drumnbass.be-endorsed compilation album
- he makes threats and insults to members and moderators in personal messages and forum posts
- he uploaded a track to this site which violated the copyright of DJ Zinc
- he created multiple identities on this site with which he used to manipulate his ratings by voting on his own tracks, back up his own posts, and insult members and moderators
- despite being warned about his behaviour and ultimately being banned from this site he continues to create new aliases to threat and insult our members and moderators

I advise anyone to avoid doing any business with this individual, or his "labels" mp3styleproductions.info, drumandbase.info, reverbnation.com/freestylednb, musicv2.com/artist/nebula, soundcloud.com/freestylednb as he is not to be trusted and will probably try to steal your work.

His aliases horrorscope, nu-balance, earthquake, free_style and freestyleDNB have also been banned from this site.
15-04-2008 08:48
Phalanx Phalanx is a male
Chronologic

images/avatars/avatar-2536.gif

Registration Date: 13-09-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price

Halph likes to "pay in advance"

__
http://soundcloud.com/chronologic
16-06-2008 03:23 Homepage of Phalanx
RonaldoVetro RonaldoVetro is a male
Ronaldo Vetro

images/avatars/avatar-2617.gif

Registration Date: 27-07-2008

Yeah,i'll be doing reviews.

__
RonaldoVetro has been banned from this site for cheating. Ignore his reviews, they may not be his own opinion but may have been copy/pasted from other members' posts!
05-08-2008 01:03
fade doni fade doni is a female
Sexy Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2594.jpg

Registration Date: 22-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by RonaldoVetro
Yeah,i'll be doing reviews.

hehe you funny. Sleep

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
well I understood the first part of your post, the second barely.. but, dude, what youre on??? offcourse there is an "artistic" side of the track, making music is art in the end.

but we're here mainly (I guess) to give views about PRODUCTION. the technicalities, you know how good the mixdown sounds, use of effects, etc etc. dnb being (again mainly) dancefloor music there is the dancability factors, how good the beats roll, the power when the bass drops etc etc..

so leaving the personal tastes aside gives the most objective reviews, although it is sometimes very hard to do because of great dislikes...

maybe a combination between subjective and objective is the best someone can get as a review... because it's peoples feelings you're talking about when a track is being heard/played on the dancefloor, so therefor you can hardly ignore the link to the art/subjective side.

But I do agree with the fact that besides 'oooh I just luuuuuv this sound' (or the negative: 'Oh I just hate this kind of sound') you do need that opinion to be backuped with a more technical meaning.

And in the end most of the technical tips are also saturated by subjectives 'cause there, on the technical side, you have certain ways of achieving an outcome, which you will learn during your time being a producer..

Its for example depending on a basic or advanced understanding of sound (engineering) you have and that being combined by methods the user started to use because of liking a certain sound, and maybe learning from enthousiastic friends or whatever. And so on and so on.

So in a way I don't agree that one should try to review completely objective.

Just be honest and backup your opinion in the best way you can.

__
I am..... ehm..... yeah.
Pleased
08-08-2008 15:35 Homepage of fade doni
Ketz Ketz is a male
Thinking outside the box...

images/avatars/avatar-2874.png

Registration Date: 10-10-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.86

the way i see it - technical advice should by its nature be non-subjective (levels, eqs, etc etc) as there are general ways of doing things "correctly" although none of us here are perfect (some better than others ofourse!)

although I don't see the problem if someone gives their personal opinion in terms of things like vibe and feel of a track, as a producer i don't just want to know if my beats r comin our crisp and if my basses are sounding heavy enough, I also want to know if a listener appreciates the musical elemts too!

as long as no one is obnoxious with their reviews we should all be cool Cool

and in the end, most reviews on this site incorporate both which is a big Bigup for me!

__

08-08-2008 15:44 Homepage of Ketz
fade doni fade doni is a female
Sexy Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-2594.jpg

Registration Date: 22-07-2008

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by Ketz
and in the end, most reviews on this site incorporate both which is a big Bigup for me!

agree Smile

__
I am..... ehm..... yeah.
Pleased
08-08-2008 15:54 Homepage of fade doni
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

sounds good to me.

I've been reviewing like crazy... can I think of 100 words to say? no.
guess I'm not that opinionated Tongue

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
12-09-2010 00:16
Impact
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3403.jpg

Registration Date: 29-08-2010

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25

and voila- I made it.

__
Quality DNB clothing Cool
Co founder of Instinct Audio
ImpactMastering: Affordable Digital Mastering/Mixing service
13-09-2010 22:56
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 3 [4]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Reviews, giving and getting...