drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Reviews, giving and getting...
Go to the bottom of this page Reviews, giving and getting... 6 Votes - Average Rating: 5.67
Author
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

We all like to get many reviews for our tracks. The more the better. The more reviews one gets, the better he can know how to improve the track.
Sadly enough, many people here do very little reviews for other people, and only check the replys to their own tracks.
We know it takes long to do many and decent reviews, but every review you do, will encourage other producers to do reviews for other people too, thus resulting in a system where everyone gives everyone good tips and guidelines for improvement.
We think this is something everyone would benefit from and it is possible for everyone to do some reviews now and then.
You don't have to use pro's terms or anything, just tell the producer what you do or don't like about the track, so saying you aren't familliar with all the terms isn't a good excuse Big Grin

Hope you all contribute to this system!

edit by Muad'Dib: the new rating system provides a precise state of quality of the uploaded tracks, so when you download a tune, please take time to review and rate it

And please accept the fact that the reviews here are rather different from what you see on other sites. Reviews tend to focus on negative aspects of the track, but this is only meant as constructive criticism and are definitely not meant as personal attacks.
The point is to try and help you improve your production skills and that only works by pointing out the negative aspects, so you know what can be improved.

If you can't handle negative criticism, don't post your tracks here!

Any personal attacks and retaliations will result in having your tracks removed and being banned from the site.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

02-11-2003 15:17 Homepage of Surya
stino stino is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-237.gif

Registration Date: 13-07-2003

damn right

will try to work on it

can't promise reviewing all the time

__
www.myspace.com/stinomg
www.myspace.com/circlelogicband
02-11-2003 18:40 Homepage of stino
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

hmm idd... should do that more too, don't always feel like it...

anyway i'll try to spend some more time on it Wink

cheerz

__

02-11-2003 22:41 Homepage of Emblem-X
Akura Akura is a male
Kletsenboem-style

images/avatars/avatar-291.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

Surya, your text sounds maybe a little bit like a moral crusader Tongue but you are indisputable right... I would have said it likewise. Well I'd say everyone that agrees with this point of view has to act... this week I'll do my part, I promise Pleased
04-11-2003 00:01
D-Lux
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-121.gif

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.33

I will try to do so, but at work DnB isn´t always apreciated Red Face

And when I come home I am mostly to tired and lazy to do that (or am doing listening to other music)

But I WILL try to give some comments on tracks! So maybe I can get some comments as well Tongue

__
Every monday from 200h00 till 22h00! Check --->

04-11-2003 08:39
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

been low on reviews for a while, but my pc is now only fixed for a week and i'm slowly getting back on track with all the mixtapes i've missed (which take ten times as long to listen to than a track)

but i'm doing the best i can, i'll try to post at least two / day

it's for the great n good Tongue

__
It's a spiritual thing !

30-11-2003 20:52
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Bigup

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-11-2003 22:00 Homepage of Surya
cey cey is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-227.jpg

Registration Date: 27-01-2004

definetley man, reviews are bonus,.. we shud all contribute Bigup

__
c-e-y
18-02-2004 16:27
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I should really start again, still planning on doing them all. Gonna be a lot! Friday Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

18-02-2004 17:50 Homepage of Surya
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

A question to thecronic:

can u please make automatic addition of track informations (like, time of playing, kbps, and size of file) to the post that is created automaticaly when new track is uploaded?

The thing just should be copied from the listen page...

10x

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
26-02-2004 13:50 Homepage of Muad'Dib
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Oh dear Big Grin I don't really see the point in having that info there Tongue

"Hey guys check out my new track "X", it's 5:41 minutes long, weighs 6.4MB and is encoded in 128 kbps!!"

See what I mean Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
26-02-2004 21:33 Homepage of thechronic
Phazzy Phazzy is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-10-2003

quote:
"Hey guys check out my new track "X", it's 5:41 minutes long, weighs 6.4MB and is encoded in 128 kbps!!"

lol

__
Bigup
27-04-2004 14:06
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Oh dear Big Grin I don't really see the point in having that info there Tongue

See what I mean Wink

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Smile )

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
28-04-2004 14:04 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Everybody here might want to read this new announcement by our one and only site admin Wink

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-08-2004 00:05 Homepage of Surya
GiMP-DJ GiMP-DJ is a male
DJ-BAKA

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

only ever get negative reviews anyway. and crap tunes get a five star rating, how does that work?
had 337 dlds on one of my tunes and 5 reviews, wot gwan, go and review other peoples tunes and get no reviews or v.negative ones, just makes me think wots the point

ps surya is the worst offender, yet to hear one positive thing about any of my tunes, cud understand if you were making banging tunes yourself m8. sorry not being lame or nuthing just the way i see it

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GiMP-DJ: 18-09-2004 22:32.

18-09-2004 22:30
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Everybody here might want to read this new announcement by our one and only site admin Wink

restricted page... can't view it

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
19-09-2004 10:26 Homepage of djfreemc
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by GiMP-DJ
only ever get negative reviews anyway. and crap tunes get a five star rating, how does that work?
had 337 dlds on one of my tunes and 5 reviews, wot gwan, go and review other peoples tunes and get no reviews or v.negative ones, just makes me think wots the point

ps surya is the worst offender, yet to hear one positive thing about any of my tunes, cud understand if you were making banging tunes yourself m8. sorry not being lame or nuthing just the way i see it

I've read some of the reviews on your tracks, and to be honest I don't think they are that negative. U have to keep in mind that people will point out the "weaker" points in your track & pay less attention to things that are allready good in order to help u on how u could improve ur track & ur producing skills in general. About the tunes u call crap getting high ratings: it is not only about the sound, because that is a matter of taste, so there might be tracks u don't like at all but that are still well-made & therefore get a high score.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
19-09-2004 10:49 Homepage of djfreemc
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
quote:
Originally posted by Surya

restricted page... can't view it

That's coz you're not a Producer, only people with Producer satus can read that forum. It's about a new rule that says you have to do a certain amount of decent reviews for every track you upload to this site (a function for which you need the Producer status)

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

19-09-2004 11:52 Homepage of Surya
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
crap tunes get a five star rating, how does that work?

Either the tune isn't that crappy after all, or the producer awards himself with the maximum score (quite lame offcourse)
quote:

Erm, you should pay more attention... I had an entry in each months Tune of the Month poll till now, I guess that means I am a producer after all Wink
And reviews are no help if you can't learn from them, so you have to know what's wrong with a tune in order to be able to make progress. So I think it's quite obvious why I point out negative points in a track, but if there are things in a tune that I like, I will always mention them too.
You shouldn't feel offended, I'm just trying to help here. I wouldn't spend so much time reviewing every track just to offend people, that would be stupid.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

19-09-2004 12:00 Homepage of Surya
GiMP-DJ GiMP-DJ is a male
DJ-BAKA

images/avatars/avatar-180.jpg

Registration Date: 05-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.50

understand wot your saying bro. just gets bit disheartening u know. u spend like a week working on a tune and u get no reviews or negative ones, maybe pointing out the good things aswell as the bad wud help. i hope you didnt take it the wrong way my man cos i think all the tunes on this site are good, even if they not my personel taste. that includes your tunes bro, was just trying to say like the rest of us some are good, some are not so good. anyone who producing on here, respect cos this is wot keeps the scene moving forwards.

as i said m8. didnt want to be lame or nuthing, LEAST YOU TAKE THE TIME TO REVIEW TUNES,

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by GiMP-DJ: 19-09-2004 13:43.

19-09-2004 13:39
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Tunes » Reviews, giving and getting...