drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Step sequencer channel list too big (was: Beginner question)
Go to the bottom of this page Step sequencer channel list too big (was: Beginner question)
Author

Registration Date: 07-11-2006

So I have been experimenting and messing around with FL for a few weeks off and on and there is still one problem that I just cant seem to figure out, and its driving me crazy because I know its a simple solution.

Im using the step sequencer to create drum patterns. Ill do a few different variations on the different pattern boxes (1,2,..). Then I go to do a synth sound or something like that, so I just clone or add another channel on a new pattern display (lets say pattern #6 at this point), and find myself creating a very long list of channels in the step sequencer.

Is there a way to start a new pattern with a fresh step sequencer without effecting the sounds that you have already previously placed?

I would greatly appreciate any help with this. I feel this is the only thing that is keeping me from progressing. Thanks!
07-11-2006 21:42
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

You can organize your channels into channel groups, so you don't have to see the whole list at once.

Select the channels you want (by selecting the green dots on their right with right click) and pressing Alt+G or Control + G - it should ask you for a group name.

Then you can select your group of channels in the step sequencer, by that drop down list on the down-left corner of the step sequencer.

N-joy.

PS There is no way to start a pattern with fresh channel list. Smile

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-11-2006 21:54 Homepage of Muad'Dib
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

I like to auto zip empty channels when I'm using loads as well.

Go to options/general settings to change it.
18-11-2006 13:36
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » Step sequencer channel list too big (was: Beginner question)