drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!
Go to the bottom of this page Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!
Author
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by emmetje
--> one suggestion maybe: my eternal gratitude will go to any of you who would have the guts and time to write some paper like 'Producing for dummies' Wink Big Grin

I already started a book with that name Wink will be finished in about half a year.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
11-11-2006 15:17 Homepage of Muad'Dib
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Airfull
quote:
OK, i'm not a producer so I won't participate. But I think this is a very great initiative and will help bringing some expertise in house and positioning this forum as the reference for producers!

--> one suggestion maybe: my eternal gratitude will go to any of you who would have the guts and time to write some paper like 'Producing for dummies' Wink Big Grin

2nd Wink

ok. Im thinking of writing some kind of Reason for ultra beginners article. which is a great program for starting with

referencing a dictionary of terms would help a great deal in order to avoid explaining the really basic stuff like "ADSR envelope" or "master level".

the same dictionary should be referenced to in all articles

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
15-11-2006 11:22 Homepage of cynik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:
Originally posted by Airfull
quote:
OK, i'm not a producer so I won't participate. But I think this is a very great initiative and will help bringing some expertise in house and positioning this forum as the reference for producers!

2nd Wink

ok. Im thinking of writing some kind of Reason for ultra beginners article. which is a great program for starting with

referencing a dictionary of terms would help a great deal in order to avoid explaining the really basic stuff like "ADSR envelope" or "master level".

the same dictionary should be referenced to in all articles

Good point, I will certainly make a glossary / dictionary article in there, so don't worry about explaining the basic terms.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-11-2006 15:11 Homepage of thechronic
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

aaallrighty then!!

would be very nice! Elf

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
15-11-2006 18:24
sssonarrr sssonarrr is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1223.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

if you search on youtube.com you can find some some simple tutorials if you type warbeats in the search box.

these tutorials are not drum'n'bass related, but you can learn to work with fruity loops if you have seen them.

__
Bigup laborecordings
15-11-2006 18:48 Homepage of sssonarrr
Ethereal Ethereal is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

ok seeing as how there is no "articles" place now, I guess I'm supposed to post an idea in here or something?

Mines basically, All Around starting production. The best way to describe it is just to read the table of contents I made. And if i can't use this for the competition, I will just write it anyways since I already started and just post it up here somewhere. Pleased

Table of Contents:

1) Simple DO's and DON'T's. ( I.E. Such as volume level so as to prevent hearing loss (Volume dB table) and monitor placement, etc.)

2) Simple refrences, abberivations and the such. (I.E. what ASDR is and does, and what certain things and knobs do)

3) Hardware setups. (Very general, mostly monitor choices, sound card choices, and midi controllers.)

4) A nice and defined EQ layout, with many different specificatiosn of frequency ranges, and what to do on certain types of instruments, synths, and drum beats and breaks.

5) A simple and easy to use compression guide that will allow you to use compression in the right way, without killing the sound of the channel or channels it is applied to.

6) Image-Line Fruity Loops Manual/Walkthrough (I am using FL Studio XXL Producers Edition 6.0.Cool

7) Common Fruity Loop Errors/Problems

Cool Sony Acid Pro Manual/Walkthrough ( I am using Acid Pro 6.0)

9) Common Acid Pro Errors/Problems

10) Propellerheads Reason 3 Manual/Walkthrough ( I am using Reason 3.0.4)

11) Common Reason 3 Errors/Problems

12) Steinberg Cubase SX/Nuendo (I am using SX & Nuendo 3)

13) Common Cubase SX 3 Errors/Problems

14) Sony Sound Forge ( I am using Sound Forge 8.0)

15) Common Sound Forge Errors/Problems

16) Steinberg Wavelab (I am using Wavelab 5.0)

17) Common Wavelab Errors/Problems

1Cool Digidesign Pro Tools (I am using Pro Tools 6.7LE M-Powered) (Also very general guide, the basics.)

19) List of personal suggested plugins and effects.

20) LAME MP3 Encoder ( How to use LAME - Razor LAME)

21) Winamp (Common winamp issues,plugins,skins, and perosonal suggetions)

So yea, that's it.

__
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=Ethereal

"drum'n'bass eto bezdna sovershenstva" translated: "drum'n'bass is the impact of perfectness" ... "Bad Ambitions" - Subwave
15-12-2006 04:23
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Just follow the instructions in the first post under 'How can I take part?' and you will be able to access the articles forum Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-12-2006 09:57 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (3): « previous 1 2 [3]
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!