drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!
Go to the bottom of this page Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!
Author
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
Is there somewhere we can upload pictures and other didactic material in order to add them to the articles?

i think you could use http://imageshack.us/ to host the pics

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 05-11-2006 14:06.

05-11-2006 14:05
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
i think you could use http://imageshack.us/ to host the pics

I could, but it is sooooooooooooooo sloooooooooow, and it's probably better to have them on the site server anyway, since relying on external services is always tricky.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
05-11-2006 14:33 Homepage of djfreemc
stino stino is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-237.gif

Registration Date: 13-07-2003

wicked compo!

__
www.myspace.com/stinomg
www.myspace.com/circlelogicband
05-11-2006 15:27 Homepage of stino
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
Is there somewhere we can upload pictures and other didactic material in order to add them to the articles?

I'll put up an FTP server for that, which can be linked directly into the articles.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
05-11-2006 15:40 Homepage of thechronic
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

nice idea ; doubt i'll participate tho cuz i suck at explaining thingz Big Grin but the idea is dope nevertheless Bigup

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
05-11-2006 15:49 Homepage of baz
samurai samurai is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 21-11-2002

Oh this got me excited! my tunes arent the greatest, but i can work Reason with my eyes closed. this competition should produce a whole truckload of great material!

__

05-11-2006 21:10 Homepage of samurai
poesjka poesjka is a female
Funky Lady

images/avatars/avatar-695.jpg

Registration Date: 13-02-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.43

OK, i'm not a producer so I won't participate. But I think this is a very great initiative and will help bringing some expertise in house and positioning this forum as the reference for producers!

--> one suggestion maybe: my eternal gratitude will go to any of you who would have the guts and time to write some paper like 'Producing for dummies' Wink Big Grin

__
Poesjka

31/03 Café Détour @ Lille (FR)
17/05 www.jungletrain.net Motronicism live 17h-19h
28/07 Drum NN bass Part V @ Nieuwe Nor, Heerlen (NL)
05-11-2006 21:43
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by emmetje
--> one suggestion maybe: my eternal gratitude will go to any of you who would have the guts and time to write some paper like 'Producing for dummies' Wink Big Grin

Shocked
that's just asking too much

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
06-11-2006 01:19 Homepage of cynik
Ethereal Ethereal is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

What if I live in the US and euros are no use to me, not to mention I'm technically still a minor for a few months.

Edit: (still gonna try and put something together though, no doubt)

__
http://www.demostreams.com/?ID=Ethereal

"drum'n'bass eto bezdna sovershenstva" translated: "drum'n'bass is the impact of perfectness" ... "Bad Ambitions" - Subwave

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Ethereal: 06-11-2006 14:14.

06-11-2006 14:13
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Ethereal
What if I live in the US and euros are no use to me, not to mention I'm technically still a minor for a few months.

Paypal does the conversion from euro to USD automatically if your account is in USD.

If you are a minor you can't take part, or in any case I will not be able to pay you if you win.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
06-11-2006 14:53 Homepage of thechronic
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:

Paypal does the conversion from euro to USD automatically if your account is in USD.

If you are a minor you can't take part, or in any case I will not be able to pay you if you win.

ahh, oh well. I can still participate for the fun of it.

Edit: Just an idea, can we make this in Adobe .pdf format? That way we can include screen shots of such things, and give examples to better aid the understand of the text?

__

"drum'n'bass eto bezdna sovershenstva" translated: "drum'n'bass is the impact of perfectness" ... "Bad Ambitions" - Subwave

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Ethereal: 06-11-2006 22:34.

06-11-2006 22:30
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Edit: Just an idea, can we make this in Adobe .pdf format? That way we can include screen shots of such things, and give examples to better aid the understand of the text?

Why do you need pdf to include screenshots?

You can include any file you want in the articles, image files and mp3 sound clips ofcourse, but also other file formats such as eg .rex files or .flp files.

__
06-11-2006 23:31 Homepage of thechronic
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

Why do you need pdf to include screen shots?

You can include any file you want in the articles, image files and mp3 sound clips of course, but also other file formats such as eg .rex files or .flp files.

all of the files would have to be uploaded separately then though wouldn't they. i.e pics to photobucket or the such and separate files such as mp3 wav and rex files to another place?

__

07-11-2006 01:25
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
all of the files would have to be uploaded separately then though wouldn't they. i.e pics to photobucket or the such and separate files such as mp3 wav and rex files to another place?

No, everything will be hosted on the dnbbe server, it has 160GB of space atm, and still room for another HD if it runs out of space Happy

__
07-11-2006 01:38 Homepage of thechronic
Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:

No, everything will be hosted on the dnbbe server, it has 160GB of space atm, and still room for another HD if it runs out of space Happy

alright then. I'll see what I can put together in the next 2 months.

__

07-11-2006 01:46
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Great idea Chronic,..hopefully when i win i can get that dirty compressor that i allway's wanted Big Grin ,.....will forshure give it me best,..lotta $ to play with,.....cheers Chronic.

equipped has attached this image (reduced version):
dog.jpg

__
Space

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 07-11-2006 08:20.

07-11-2006 08:15
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

i think i'd like to try and write something about optimising your 2K or XP-pc to a fully operational audio workstationd. I had nuff of bad experiences with this myself, so i did some reading in magazines and sites until i found what i needed. Thought to share it with the board cuz there's nothing more frustrating than trying to make music on a machine that crashes and/or doesn't even run on half of it's true capacity due to unneccesary applications running in the background and alike..

sources will mainly include articles from magazines such as Musictech, FutureMusic, Sound on Sound and various websites.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
07-11-2006 11:55 Homepage of Soi
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
i think i'd like to try and write something about optimising your 2K or XP-pc to a fully operational audio workstationd. I had nuff of bad experiences with this myself, so i did some reading in magazines and sites until i found what i needed. Thought to share it with the board cuz there's nothing more frustrating than trying to make music on a machine that crashes and/or doesn't even run on half of it's true capacity due to unneccesary applications running in the background and alike..

sources will mainly include articles from magazines such as Musictech, FutureMusic, Sound on Sound and various websites.

easily the best idea so far IMO!!!

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
07-11-2006 12:01 Homepage of cynik
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Yeah, nice idea.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
07-11-2006 23:45 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Airfull Airfull is a female
Sexy Lady

images/avatars/avatar-24.jpg

Registration Date: 09-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by emmetje
OK, i'm not a producer so I won't participate. But I think this is a very great initiative and will help bringing some expertise in house and positioning this forum as the reference for producers!

2nd Wink

__

ONE BULLET? TWO BULLETS? THE THIRT ONE IS THROUGH MY HEAD!
11-11-2006 09:59
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Dnbbe birthday competition! $$$!!