http://www.breakz.be/~vizor/audio/wally_noodlez.mp3
29-08-2004 22:31 Homepage of Wally
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

frequencies bellow 20hz are health-dangerous, if they are played in very high volume resonance can change frequency of your heart beat and cause an arythmia and kill you..

these weapons were tested in 2nd world war in germany.

__

29-08-2004 23:34
Wally Wally is a male
Tourist

Registration Date: 28-07-2004

damn lord, I ain't coming to your parties Wink

and besides that, I don't think you can buy (or afford Smile ) a mixer with such a low frequenty range, and I don't think there exists a needle that goes below 20hz (18hz?) so what's the use?

__
http://www.breakz.be/~vizor/audio/wally_noodlez.mp3
31-08-2004 14:29 Homepage of Wally
AcidMonkey AcidMonkey is a male
Producer

images/avatars/avatar-358.jpg

Registration Date: 01-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

I agree with someone who said any speaker can reproduce frequencies below 20Hz.

I remember messing with my Roland MC202, some very low tones and actually being able to see the speaker bass cone moving in and out (due to the low frequencies).

I'm unsure whether or not samples/digital signals will reproduce this low but I can't see why not.

Just don't go near 3kHz or it's harmonics - that is the resonant frequency of the human colon - gonna get messy. Also there's another frequency round abouts that is the resonant frequency of your stomach, similar results - different exit point!

Check out some stuff on Throbbing Gristle - some mad German Industrial band from the late 70s I believe - they were into doing ['scuse the pun] sick s**t like that at their gigs - real crowd pleaser I imagine!
02-09-2004 18:44
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
frequencies bellow 20hz are health-dangerous, if they are played in very high volume resonance can change frequency of your heart beat and cause an arythmia and kill you..

Way out!! I always ask myself the question how exactly do they manage to finish a weapon like that? I mean they surely must have tested the Below-20hz-Cannon on something or somebody. And most likely the first victim is the insane professor behind the whole idea, paying the price of his own invention, out of curiosity. It reminds me of Monthy Python's Flying Circus where, during the war, the english had invented the ultimate weapon: the Funniest Joke ever. Everybody hearing the joke, died of laughter. So they had like 1000 writers lying dead at their desk, 1000 testers and 1000 translators who had to translate the Funniest Joke ever in German. Hilarious. More people died while creating the 'weapon' than in actually using it.

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
02-09-2004 20:25 Homepage of Soi
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Hehe Soi - Monty Python rulez Big Grin

Anyway - if it was in WW2, I think the Germans had "test-subjects" enough in the concentration-camps Frown

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee
02-09-2004 21:38 Homepage of KoFFiE
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

monty python ownz ! Smile

__

02-09-2004 21:41
rorschach rorschach is a male
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 24-08-2003

quote:
Originally posted by AcidMonkey
Just don't go near 3kHz or it's harmonics - that is the resonant frequency of the human colon - gonna get messy.

interesting..
i heard once you should avoid 4.5kHz, for it seems to be the main frequency in the spectrum of a baby crying and the human brain is very sensitive for it.
Does make sense imo, i mean, if you ever held a tiny human screaming his longs out, weren't you trying all possible things to stop that awfull noise?? Big Grin
Nature is smart..
17-10-2004 23:44 Homepage of rorschach
marisol
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-583.gif

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

quote:
interesting..
i heard once you should avoid 4.5kHz, for it seems to be the main frequency in the spectrum of a baby crying and the human brain is very sensitive for it.
Does make sense imo, i mean, if you ever held a tiny human screaming his longs out, weren't you trying all possible things to stop that awfull noise??
Nature is smart..

this is true. what actualy happins is 4.5 khz doesnt enter the ear drum it just bounces around and causes resononce in the ear chamber and blocks other frequencys from being heard clearly. usualy a small dip on the master eq will clean up a mix just fine but do it by ear not by numbers.
15-11-2004 18:59
PaperWall PaperWall is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 15-10-2004

the human ear is from 20hz to 20khz so it u find a sub that range 19 hz then u got one of the best subs its the7073a from genelec its top notsh but expenxiv
greetz paperwall
19-11-2004 15:17
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

even if you find a speaker that ranges from 0 to 20,000 the odds that it would be able to produce those frequencies all at the same volume would be unlikely

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
19-11-2004 17:24 Homepage of spudleyq
cory

Registration Date: 14-04-2005

i have a 35hz basshorn that i built, thats definatly low enough for DnB, but if u are using it for home theater use, you should build a 29hz basshorn. lets just say my 35hz basshorn shakes half the house, and im only playing it with an 80 watt sub amp!
14-04-2005 10:45
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

quote:
Originally posted by Soi
quote:
Originally posted by B-complex

Way out!! I always ask myself the question how exactly do they manage to finish a weapon like that? I mean they surely must have tested the Below-20hz-Cannon on something or somebody. And most likely the first victim is the insane professor behind the whole idea, paying the price of his own invention, out of curiosity. It reminds me of Monthy Python's Flying Circus where, during the war, the english had invented the ultimate weapon: the Funniest Joke ever. Everybody hearing the joke, died of laughter. So they had like 1000 writers lying dead at their desk, 1000 testers and 1000 translators who had to translate the Funniest Joke ever in German. Hilarious. More people died while creating the 'weapon' than in actually using it.

ya the nazi scientist had a plentiful bound of "disposable people" erm, lying about.
needless to say, it would have been cool if the creators died first.

anyways, i think you should just make a nice little subhorn or whatever they call it, and than just listen to tyour 12" or whatever bass thingies are called, really loud while listening to Dre. and cut out anything below 50Hz, like knee's on babies.

quote:
surya: Anyway, I heard frequencies below 6hz can couse brain damage. No idea if it is true tho.
CH3M!K:arent there a lot of waves constantly going around below 6hz? i also heard about a lethal

frequency, but i doubt that's true
surya:Yeah, I know, I wondered about that too.

i liked that made me rofl a bit.
but as thechronic has said it takes a lot fo energy to produce thoes sort of waves. so unless you live in a bomb testing facilty, or something, normally the air's pretty clear of DEEP RUMBLE noises. or any noise, that isn't wind or the likes.
now we have a whole bunch of waves going around. kinda scarey. who says radio waves don't mutate genes....
and how do radio's work? thin band can make a whole sound spectrum...

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 15-04-2005 10:56.

15-04-2005 10:45 Homepage of Halph-Price
-KP-
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-791.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 4.29

its impossible to hear frequencies below 15hz, maybe you will get a blurred vision from the bass, but that hasnt got anything to do with music.

__
17/03 : Somewhere in Borgerhout...
15-04-2005 19:55
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

if u let ur speakers do very high feq's they'll give light, no? like waves and things like that...

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
15-04-2005 22:06 Homepage of Friscko
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

lol yeah and you can warm up your food with them Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
16-04-2005 02:43 Homepage of thechronic
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

you mean, like the Tube's in pre-amps, they glow!

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

16-04-2005 05:58 Homepage of Halph-Price
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

No like this

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 16-04-2005 12:35.

16-04-2005 12:31 Homepage of Friscko
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Halph-Price
you mean, like the Tube's in pre-amps, they glow!

Expersts say: they have their uses, but in a lot of cases it's not the best solution. Now they're being hyped, and every brand seems to have one now and the one glows a bit more than the other one, but in the end, it's not a must.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-04-2005 12:34 Homepage of Surya
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Hardware » insearch :: speakers 0Hz-20Hz