drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Updated forum software to 2.3.6
Go to the bottom of this page Updated forum software to 2.3.6
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I updated the forum software to version 2.3.6 today. I did it using a versioning control system explained in this guide. I figured it would be much easier to use a system like this since I made a lot of modifications to the code and it is a pain to find out what changed and apply the modification manually all the time.

Then I spent the whole bloody day figuring out how to work with that damn Subversion software, talk about doing a quick update Roll Eyes

Oh well I finally figured it out and got it to work, and finished the job in 5 minutes, I just hope I still remember how to do it by the time a new version comes out lol.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
30-10-2006 02:03 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Updated forum software to 2.3.6.pl2

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
22-04-2007 02:26 Homepage of thechronic
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Cheers Chron... the bad thing about system updates to a workin system is:
- when it's good, nobody will notice.
- when it's bad, they are all complaining.

Thanks for keeping the site alive and giving us a good time on here! Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
22-04-2007 22:55 Homepage of BattleDrone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

it was a security update, so well worth it Smile

I have some more experience with subversion now to handle to patching of the forum, it only took a few minutes to merge in the update and check if it succeeded. I used to do it all manually, file by file, which took hours if it was a fairly big update. Hooray for computer automation Big Grin

__
22-04-2007 23:34 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Updated forum software to 2.3.6