drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Testing new layout
Go to the bottom of this page Testing new layout
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I'm currently testing a new layout for the site.

I have redesigned the downloadpage from scratch. I have ditched the old table based design and have rebuilt it entirely using a "liquid" CSS design.

This change is really necessary. The old table based design is too old fashioned and complex and it made programming new features more difficult than it should be.

I have spent two days on it now. I tried to match the current design as much as possible, but some fixed width elements of the old design can not be used in the new liquid design so it looks a bit different.

The new design adapts itself to the browser window size.

Comments are very welcome!!

Test page could be right here!!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
27-10-2006 04:18 Homepage of thechronic
Ghost
unregistered
looks pretty good.

where the tracks ar listed on teh right, could you not have a solid line around them instead of a dotted one?
27-10-2006 08:52
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

That's just a minor thing Big Grin I put it in just because the new layout allows to do it Tongue

I did some more fixes on the layout now and to my eye it looks acceptable both in firefox and internet explorer.

I'm going to put the new layout in effect in the download page now, so I can continue to work on the coding.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
27-10-2006 18:23 Homepage of thechronic
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Chronic's a big ass god,....slappin shit sydwayz 247,.....you da man Chronic,..makin da shit spin. Wink

__
Space
28-10-2006 09:04
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yeah chron we love it mate, looks sweet!! Drummer

__
My Sounds
28-10-2006 13:52
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Hehe Big Grin

I owe it to all you guys, the site has gone through some tough times lately and some time ago when I couldn't afford the hosting I often thought about shutting down the site.

Then things got worse when the server died, but everybody was really supportive through the entire period and didn't give up on it, and then massive donations were rolling in so I could buy a brand new server! I still can't believe it and am really really grateful!!

Things are better now than I ever hoped they would be: 80% of the hosting costs are paid for by the google ads so I don't have to worry about financing the site anymore, I get great support from everybody both on the forum and in PMs, and to top it off I found a better job that often gives me free days during the week so I can spend more spare time on improving the site, that's the least I can do! Again a big thanks to everyone that kept the site alive through the tough times Bigup

I'm now dedicated to improving on it every time I have a chance. I try to plan it well, taking small steps at a time, but I'm now not giving up anymore, and it will become the site I dreamed of when I started it!

BTW the site will be having its 4th anniversary on the first of November. Watch out for an announcement that day, I'm not telling too many details yet, but it will be a competition, something which takes some effort but everyone that has some producing experience can take part.

Just to tickle your interest a bit more: the reward of the competition will be hard cash! Tongue I've been thinking of finding a way of giving the 500+ euro I received in donations from everyone back to the community since I consider it's not really mine to keep, and this will be it, 518 euro in cash prizes for the winners!

__
28-10-2006 14:08 Homepage of thechronic
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

looks nice, big ups chronic

man i feel so ashamed that i didnt donate
i just realised the last few month that this is one of the two best dnb forums i know of. peeps on here are very cool and stick together

could be less breakcore stuff here though Tongue

__
MySpace
28-10-2006 14:29 Homepage of Rudeone
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

YAYAY I just found a great website that shows screenshots of any site on a very large number of different browsers! Great for testing Happy

http://browsershots.org/website/http://w...id=2227#success

__
28-10-2006 16:00 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

That's cool Chron, now I don't have to install IE7 to test my site in it! Bigup

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

30-10-2006 21:46 Homepage of Surya
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

nice one chron Bigup

__
My Sounds
30-10-2006 22:10
XTensionTrigger XTensionTrigger is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2287.gif

Registration Date: 04-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

good new layout bigup Happy

__

Myspace
01-11-2006 23:33 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
YAYAY I just found a great website that shows screenshots of any site on a very large number of different browsers! Great for testing Happy

http://browsershots.org/website/http://w...id=2227#success

And you used my tune for that?! You know that I expect copyright payment, right? Court of law is in game, just to remind you Big Grin

Kiddin.

Yeah, nice layout. Me likes it. Bigup

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
02-11-2006 00:25 Homepage of Muad'Dib
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I'm going to put the new layout in effect in the download page now, so I can continue to work on the coding.

I've waited a bit with doing this since I wanted to start using the subversion version control system on the site. I've cleaned out a lot of obsolete code now and started using subversion. It takes a bit of time to get used to it though, it requires a mental change Smile

Anyway the new layout is being used in the download / vote page now. I'm going to update the rest of the site to the new layout when I find time for it.

__
04-11-2006 17:56 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Testing new layout