Go to the bottom of this page Alesis HR-16:B
Author
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

I just bought this today from a pawnshop for real cheap. Its kind of old, but it definetly works right, and it has the oldskool hard buttons, not the shitty rubber ones. I am just having a problem, with FL or Neundo noticing its even hooked up. Any help??

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
04-10-2006 21:49 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

This is not your regular modern usb midi shit, If you want to use it you'll have to know what you want to do with it and make the right settings on both computer and drummachine. You can allready be happy it has regular midi and not some kind of half-defined premidi protocol.

So tell me what you want to do and maybe I'll be able to help.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 04-10-2006 22:06.

04-10-2006 22:04 Homepage of djfreemc
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

Nope its regular midi, and I more or less want it for layering kick and snare triggers as I go through a track. If you know what I mean. I dont want to have to get seperate sounds and put them in the mixdown I would rather go through and record the extra kicks, and such while i go. cause the most creative things come from live hands on situations imo

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Philthy McNasty: 04-10-2006 22:32.

04-10-2006 22:30 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Paki Paki is a male
Cool Steppa

Registration Date: 03-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by iKoN
Nope its regular midi, and I more or less want it for layering kick and snare triggers as I go through a track. If you know what I mean. I dont want to have to get seperate sounds and put them in the mixdown I would rather go through and record the extra kicks, and such while i go. cause the most creative things come from live hands on situations imo

I agree Tongue
But I still think that u need USB MIDI...
04-10-2006 22:36
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

nah i have a creative 5.1digi with midi hookups adapter on it, so im all set up without the usb. Or do you mean i need a usb hookup to get it to wire into those programs??

__
04-10-2006 23:04 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by iKoN
nah i have a creative 5.1digi with midi hookups adapter on it, so im all set up without the usb. Or do you mean i need a usb hookup to get it to wire into those programs??

No you don't. I'll try to explain for FL, since I don't know a thing about nuendo.

I suppose you want to send midi control signals from your PC tho the HR16, and record the sounds.

So first you hook up the midi out of your computer to the midi in of the HR16, and the line out of the HR16 to the line in of your pc (or mixer, whatever)

Then you open FL.
In the options menu, make sure "enable midi output" is checked.
Now create a new channel with the "MIDI out".
In the channel options you have 2 important settings: the port and the channel.
Go to options/midi options.
on top you have a list with all midi devices in your computer (software or hardware). Each of them should have a port number. Make sure the MIDI out of your soundcard has a port number and remember that one.
Now close the MIDI settings and get back to the MIDI channel options.
Set the port number to the number you just gave your soundcard midi output.
Now the channel number: this can be anything between 1 and 16, but it has to be the same on both your computer and the HR16, and no other midi devices can be connected using the same channel nr. So check the manual of the HR16 on how to set the midi channel, and set both the same.
While you have the manual at hand, there's another thing to check: the commands table. MIDI can only send notes and velocity, no other information. In order to send commands such as for example "change bank" or "play sample number 3", certain notes are used by the HR 16 as commands. So check wich note does what. Then you can open the piano roll editor on the MIDI channel you created, and start sending notes.

If you did it right and your line in is not muted or anything, you should hear some beats...

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
05-10-2006 19:13 Homepage of djfreemc
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

thx djfree

__
05-10-2006 21:10 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
OgO OgO is a male
Cool Tourist

images/avatars/avatar-1701.jpg

Registration Date: 04-11-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

congrats! use it well. You will find the solution as i do on such things by myself. Big Grin

__
OgO has been banned from the site. Read this thread for the reasons.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by OgO: 06-10-2006 00:35.

06-10-2006 00:34
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

dirty

equipped has attached this image (reduced version):
13503257.jpg

__
Space