drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » One for the comic (European ones, that is) lovers
Go to the bottom of this page One for the comic (European ones, that is) lovers
Author
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

My new site (well yeah, new dynamic PHP/Mysql version on a new server that is) is online since a few days. Been working on it for weeks and weeks (input, input, input...) and that's also the reason why I wasn't here that much. Still some finetuning to do, but basically everything is there.

Only in Dutch, since the content is only about comics that get released in Flanders and the Netherlands.

http://www.de9dekunst.be

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-10-2003 11:44 Homepage of Surya
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

damn fine work!

only don't really like the layout and colors of the site...

maybe contact somene who can create a strip-like layout? Wink

cheerz emblem

__

24-10-2003 13:25 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Tnx.

Denk dat ik skins ga maken, dan moet ik gewoon andere css inladen...

Strip layout zou misschien wel leuk zijn, maar ik wil het vooral duidelijk en overzichtelijk houden. Will look into it.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-10-2003 14:07 Homepage of Surya
Emblem-X Emblem-X is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-232.jpg

Registration Date: 10-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.33

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
Strip layout zou misschien wel leuk zijn, maar ik wil het vooral duidelijk en overzichtelijk houden. Will look into it.

da kan altij mer imo een site over strips mag ok iets vor't og hebbe eh Wink mssn de kaderkes als tekstballonnekes ofzo.. just brain stroming Smile

cheerz

__

24-10-2003 15:52 Homepage of Emblem-X
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Emblem-X
mssn de kaderkes als tekstballonnekes ofzo.. just brain stroming Smile

Yeah, been thinking about that too. But I'm leeving it this way for the time beeing, will look around for ideas.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-10-2003 16:41 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

That comic of the week, Jaguar, if you open it and click on Jan Bosschaert it seems like he only makes that series but he's also making the successful children's comic Sam!! Big Grin

Great stuff this site man, ignore my nagging Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-10-2003 20:45 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

'Gale Janet'?? Spoken with an antwerp accent?? Big Grin

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-10-2003 20:47 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

More bugs and suggestions:

- when you enter a ' or a " in the search box the escape slashes are shown in the summary above the search results
- it would be nice if the number of found items was shown underneath the search results

Typos:
- in 'De Nieuwe Ijstijd': 'medogenloeze' should be 'medogenloze'

Hehe sorry but me and boognish used to be software testers, keen on finding bugs Big Grin

__
25-10-2003 20:56 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

- Yup, but
1) Sam isn't really adult stuff and
2) On the site are the series I've been able to lay my hands on until no. Still loads of stuff to come (added 12 series today) so maybe in time Sam will be added...
- Didn't think of thatone Big Grin
- Yup, still fixing those kind of things
- Counter will be added soon, but one thing at the time Big Grin Myriam has been reprogramming parts of the site the whole day ( Kiss for that)
- Wops, one of the probably many typos Big Grin

Tnx for the tips n shit Bigup

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-10-2003 21:02 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I've been browsing your site for an hour yesterday, it's really interesting, nice info!!

It's pretty rock solid too, big up to Myriam!!

__
26-10-2003 11:03 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

She already added the counter to the search results, and she has been working on the quotes thing also, but that isn't sorted out completely yet.
We're not sure yet if we want them to be replaced by wildcards or just by spaces...
She's also thinking of ways to make her own forum and to intigrate that with the site Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-10-2003 15:26 Homepage of Surya
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Wasn't completely satisfied with the layout, so I redesigned the thing with a 'professional lookin but dull and simple but effective' design. Or at least, that was my goal Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

24-11-2003 21:19 Homepage of Surya
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Nice layout - Keep up the good work...

The only thing I think could be improved is the list at the left - maybe you could let that list expand per "title". For example - you first see A, B, C, ... listed, and when "A" is clicked, the items that start with an "A" are inserted below the "A" title. If done properly, the same code could be used for Strips, Auteurs and Uitgevers Wink

If you (or Myriam) need any help with probz or generic questions/tips/tricks - http://www.born2program.com - or contact me directly Wink
There some people there that already have expercience writing their own forums (including me Wink )

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 25-11-2003 14:35.

25-11-2003 14:35 Homepage of KoFFiE
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Very very nice!!

It's incredible how much work has gone into it, and seeing the text '47 nieuwe en geupdate reeksen de afgelopen 7 dagen' Shocked Shocked

I also have an idea for an improvement: you could make introductory pages to the main sections 'strips', 'auteurs' and 'uitgevers' where you can put a short introductory text and some things like the latest items that were added / updated in that section, most popular items etc.

That way when a user clicks on the main link at the top of the page, the whole page changes and not only the small frame at the left. It would be a good anchor point for the user to return to.

__
25-11-2003 15:14 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Tnx for the tips you both, but I think the first thing next will be a forum, if we can pull it off (Myriam want's to write one herself Big Grin )

And yeah, I know the site KoFFiE, I know there are some good people there, so we'll defo visit when we need help.

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-11-2003 22:25 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
I think the first thing next will be a forum, if we can pull it off (Myriam want's to write one herself Big Grin )

If you want to keep your sanity, please don't attempt this Big Grin

It's a LOT of work!!! I've tried to make one last year, but settled for an existing forum, cuz the effort isn't worth it. People expect a lot from a forum these days and to get the same level of quality you get from a free forum such as PhpBB would take you a year of programming.

__
26-11-2003 11:17 Homepage of thechronic
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
It's a LOT of work!!! I've tried to make one last year, but settled for an existing forum, cuz the effort isn't worth it. People expect a lot from a forum these days and to get the same level of quality you get from a free forum such as PhpBB would take you a year of programming.

What do you mean - that I lost my sanity? Hmmm wait a min - could very well be Big Grin

Anyway - I wrote a pritty decent forum myself, with good security - ok it has not as many features phpbb or any of the pre-made bloated forums with an amazing amount of security "issues" (some refer to it as "features" Wink ). I don't like these pre-made forums, I like to do it myself too Smile
My forum itself took me 2 or 3 days to write, the parser to transform the code the users type to html took me about a week or so in total, it is very powerfull, flexible and adaptable to your needs - and the best part - available for free (as in - download it, read doc - integrate it into your php-app).

__
26-11-2003 11:35 Homepage of KoFFiE
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Shocked

3 days!!! I gave up after a week and a half... Shocked

__
26-11-2003 12:56 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Yup, KoFFiE is a pretty decent programmer aaaight Big Grin

our first version of De 9de kunst took about 1 day to program (that is: displaying comics, authors and such, the main structure, with no search function or update system yet) and that was without any previous knowledge of mysql or PHP (Myriam had done some work with Cold Fusion and SQL Server before tho) so I think it's worth a try Big Grin
Don't like how most of the fora around have sooo many functions that I don't need or want for my site, and it might as well take the same amount of time for us to finetune an existing one to our needs (read: eliminate all useless crap) as to write one our selves. So Bigup to Myriam Kiss
Also, it would make it easyer to integrate with the existing pages and database.

That conversion stuff of yours KoFFiE, is that on B2P? Might come in usefull Big Grin Altho Myriam insists on writing everything herself Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-11-2003 15:18 Homepage of Surya
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Yup, KoFFiE is a pretty decent programmer aaaight Big Grin

tnx Smile

quote:
That conversion stuff of yours KoFFiE, is that on B2P? Might come in usefull Big Grin Altho Myriam insists on writing everything herself Big Grin

Yups it is Smile If Myriam wants to write it herself - I won't stop her Wink

http://www.born2program.com/index.php?page=script_page&id=2 here you go

You better read the readme though - a lot of things are discussed there - performance is one of the most important coming to mind there... Samples of how to use included, and you can test it here

PS: B2P also uses it to edit/manage all content Smile
PSS: I'm planning to rewrite the whole thing to make it faster/easyer to use/more flexible - but more or less compatible with the current version Wink

__

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 26-11-2003 15:39.

26-11-2003 15:35 Homepage of KoFFiE
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » One for the comic (European ones, that is) lovers