drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » fao producers & admin
Go to the bottom of this page fao producers & admin
Author
unregistered
how about seperating the producers into sections according to their status. so 'master producers' 'cool producers' etc etc are seperated into their own sections when they upload. and downloaders will have an initial idea of the quality of what their about to get.
just a thought anyway
30-09-2006 19:31
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

then the noobs are gonna get a lot less reviews, and that's what it's all about right? help out eachother, without looking at their production expierience? Roll Eyes

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
30-09-2006 19:41 Homepage of Friscko
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
then the noobs are gonna get a lot less reviews, and that's what it's all about right? help out eachother, without looking at their production expierience? Roll Eyes

no I got another idea

how about at the end of the month tunes with less than 3 stars get deleted? that should keep quality up and boost less skilled to produce better tracks

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
30-09-2006 19:50 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
well its the producers who do the reviews. so the only reason it would change is if people start ignoring the lower status sections. and lets face it most of the people that have been on here a while only review the other peeps that hav been on here a while anyway
30-09-2006 19:54
@1$-)
unregistered
quote:
Originally posted by cynik
quote:

no I got another idea

how about at the end of the month tunes with less than 3 stars get deleted? that should keep quality up and boost less skilled to produce better tracks

yeh but the ratings on here are not always an indicator of quality anyway. sometimes but very rarely.
30-09-2006 19:57
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

the new system is kicking in though. no more 5 stars all over the place

__
30-09-2006 20:00 Homepage of cynik
@1$-)
unregistered
tru.
30-09-2006 20:01
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
quote:

no I got another idea

Um.... I dont think people need any sort of motivation to want to produce better tracks. It doesnt really seem like a good idea to me.
30-09-2006 21:00
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

yeah new rating system seem's to be doin the trick,..i vote every time now.

__
Space
30-09-2006 21:17
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
quote:
quote:

no I got another idea

Um.... I dont think people need any sort of motivation to want to produce better tracks. It doesnt really seem like a good idea to me.

yeah it is a bit faschist lol. I was in a strange mood when posting that

__
30-09-2006 21:25 Homepage of cynik
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

im for munki's idea...

3 Groups , so each catergory can check/vote eachoter but also others ...

and im also for a thing that the categories are not how-many-posts-have-you-made related ... it should be compared with the stars they get + posts + time on here + status

anyway im of partying now ... bye Drummer
30-09-2006 22:06
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

no need for imo

__
MySpace
30-09-2006 22:43 Homepage of Rudeone
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

quote:
Originally posted by greyone
and im also for a thing that the categories are not how-many-posts-have-you-made related ... it should be compared with the stars they get + posts + time on here + status

[offtopic] As for the people with producer rights i agree with this. For example: me. I have the master producer status but I rarely produce tracks and I only uploaded 1 track or something. I make a lot of posts throughout the entire forum and help where I can, but that doesn't reflect my producer experience. It doesn't seem fair that people with a lot more knowledge about producing than myself have lower rankings. But I think it would be a bitch to program someting like this into the board code. And the regular number of posts -based ranking is just in the basic forum code I think.

As for non-producers, I think the number of posts system isn't too bad. If someone is just new on the forum or has little interest in it, they will not have many posts, resulting in a low status, wich is logical. (Maybe average posts per day in the last year or something would be a better way of measuring, but anyway...). It's just the same as on any other forums, so I think most people will understand how it works.[/offtopic]

As for the tracks, I also think that dividing the tracks by the experience of the producers will result in less reviews for the less experienced producers, and that ain't no good. Perhaps dividing in not too detailed subgenres would be a better way to keep an overview of all the tracks. Or maybe allowing tagging of the tracks with subgenres, something like that...

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by djfreemc: 01-10-2006 21:30.

01-10-2006 21:25 Homepage of djfreemc
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Helpfulness rating: 

what about not showing the ranks and the post counts etc. completely. you could still see those when clicking on a profile.

__
01-10-2006 22:35 Homepage of cynik
vasquez
Tourist

Registration Date: 02-10-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.33

i would like to be a producer andi dont agree with this. no one would review me and i need the help

__
`°\\-WH0RE-//°´
02-10-2006 01:36
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Sorry for the late reply guys, I'm really busy Frown

To change the status in the forum is very difficult, the forum code is very large and very complex. It would take me days to figure it out, time I can better use to improve other parts of the site.

I could make some kind of producer rating, but not in the forum but in the producers page. When the voting system is finished I'm going to work on the producers page, it will contain functions to delete and rename your own tracks, and you will be able to make a page with your info and links to all your tracks.

This will not be for the near future though, I'm swamped with work again for the upcoming weeks, and the voting system will take a lot of time to finish off too. I'll keep you informed how things are progressing.

Offtopic: I'm now considering the streaming of tunes too, that is clearly a much requested feature! Again, this will take some time to get round to!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
02-10-2006 10:49 Homepage of thechronic
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » fao producers & admin