drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Massive bandwidth usage!
Go to the bottom of this page Massive bandwidth usage!
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

OK limiting the number of guest downloads to 5 a day seems to work well, the bandwidth has dropped to 4.2GB daily over the past 3 days. So that was an average of 2GB a day that was wasted by a few guests who download massively.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-09-2006 12:49 Homepage of thechronic
anf0 D anf0 D is a male
CXNT

images/avatars/avatar-1601.jpg

Registration Date: 31-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
16 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

shit aye... thats a lot of downloading... DJ Milkman must be spamming the drumnbass.be download link.

__
[R] CentaSpike :: Tracks
26-09-2006 09:24 Homepage of anf0 D
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Since you can't listen to unlimited tunes anymore without registering I see a lot of new users who just create an account to DL all tracks again..

CRAP!

Maybe you should have low quality tracks for those people because they just eat bandwidth and often don't do anything in return.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
15-01-2007 17:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I will soon replace the download links with a cut down version of the flash player, so it are low bitrate plays for everyone. High bitrate downloads will be possible for members only, and producer will be able to chose whether they allow a track to be downloaded or not.

I am also thinking about making a paid download feature, some kind of mini-iTunes Big Grin That way producers can sell their tracks through the site. That is for the distant future though Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
15-01-2007 18:35 Homepage of thechronic
demolitionkid demolitionkid is a male
where's demo?

images/avatars/avatar-2248.jpg

Registration Date: 08-11-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

I am also thinking about making a paid download feature, some kind of mini-iTunes Big Grin That way producers can sell their tracks through the site. That is for the distant future though Wink
sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
07-04-2007 16:57 Homepage of demolitionkid
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Massive bandwidth usage!