drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » which are your favorite vst's and why
Go to the bottom of this page which are your favorite vst's and why
Author
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1681.jpg

Registration Date: 19-03-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

tried a shitload of plug-ins, but recently limited only to a few, i allways use:

vsti:
-z3ta, mainly for subbas, hoover, reece. very easy layout, bit of a cpu hog, but tight sounds, bottom end is best i ever heard from a softsynth Cool I even think it sounds beter than my Virus Huh

vst:
- izotope trash, heavy on cpu, but best distortion unit i found untill now. unlimited possibilities, freq filter included, chaining of distortion, multiband distortion...
- quadrafuzz: filterbank, nice presets, more difficult to control, but sometimes has a cool effect. just destroys everything you push through
- free plugs: greastube, sc overdrive, rubytube, kjaerhuss classic series: greasetube is a must for every bassline or heavy distorted kick Big Grin
- free plug extra: comprimere: saturation, ideal for breaks. very soft saturation, but very nice results
13-11-2004 22:59 Homepage of wicked_wayz
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

are any these free ones? some of those vst's are pretty expensive

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
16-11-2004 20:20 Homepage of spudleyq
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by spudleyq
are any these free ones?

There are plenty of good free VSTs, look around a bit, check kvr-vst often... SuperWave P8 is a very good and warm sounding free VSTi. The SuperWave Trance Pro, SuperWave Professional and SuperWave Performer aren't free though.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

16-11-2004 23:14 Homepage of Surya
spudleyq spudleyq is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1932.jpg

Registration Date: 23-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
7 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.14

thanks for the advice......i'll have to check those out

__

Click on the pic above to visit my music profile on Myspace.
17-11-2004 19:58 Homepage of spudleyq
peet
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-539.gif

Registration Date: 31-01-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
9 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 3.33

the korg legacy pack cause of it's monstrous sound
the vanguard cause some day i'll do a trancy drum n bass track and it just sounds delicious
the z3ta+ cause it's on of the few vsts i can actually make sounds with and understand it

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by peet: 27-12-2004 13:43.

27-12-2004 13:42 Homepage of peet
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

CRYSTAL, free FM VST, for awspome pad's swells,a dn synth that's unique. the presset spilcing, with a precentile of random in it, is amazing, AND FREE!

MDA effects set of 50 effects, useful, AND FREE!

Gerende, for the AMAZING presets Jungle MAssive I and II, that give the PERFECT drum & Bass phat bass sound, without using samples. AWSOME!

Jungilist and Hydra, both amazing synths, for bass or leads or pads, or anything.

Gargoyle Free and is mad for atmospher, with 3 lfo's it an creat some very good background sounds along with the effect . . .

RoomVerb2 the best reverb i have ever used. very full and detailed. lot's a presets to select from, which is helpful to find what you need, except there's a lot of high verb ones that are great for send channles.

Master VErb and Aeris verb both work great, although aries verb is very experimental, the use of a phaser with it creats some nice effects, even harmoious.

for the great analog synth emulations,
other than ReBirth
RAVITY pwns, for orchistrations, or just some fat synth lines. comes with it's own presets and effects (that can be used FREE!) that can be used sepratly, it can smudge any bad sounds there.

For smuding synth, there's amplitube that can make even the simples squarewave, turn into the funkiest lead since hendrix. for guitars, when used on synth, it gives depth to the sound, and makes the amp sound more analog.

iZotope Trash works in the exact same manner, except it has a VAST expanse of cabniets, distortions, and models to choose from. it has custimizabil order of the porcceses, like SMASH, FILTER, trash, BOX modle, and BUZZ. which can be activated or disabled for better system resource, which it does use up.

iZotope Spectron does well, too quote them
quote:
"Instead of emulating or modeling existing effects, Spectron uses the power of PCs and digital processing to create a new class of audio transformations. The power of Spectron lies in its spectral engine -- the ability to split the audio signal into literally thousands of frequency bands, apply effects independently to each band, and resynthesize the audio to create entirely new sounds."

iZotope Ozone 3, there's mastering tool for compete eq, limit, compression, reverb, and exercizing, and stero image.

but for Eq and sound compression T-Racks (amplitube people again) they do an amazing job at making a cliper, compressor, limiter, and eq all in one.

For big fat phatty basslines i recomend Phobia. the only thing si there's a click sometimes when using there distortion or Buzz. it's a good bassline machine.

as mentioned, SLayer and the much improved, SLAYER2 pwn for guitar sounds. slayer one is better for the bass line, but stienberg now has it's new bassist emulator out nd that trounces.
have yet to use the guitarist VST, but hear it's suppose to be very good at acustic.

Trasher2 for some fucked up filters/distortion/sample/bitrate effects, done in an LFO.

TauPro for AMAZING 303, outside of ReBirth (which using ReWire can be devastating!)

SW-Trancer and Superwave for amazing synth. Trancer more for thoes wicked big trance sounds, using Superwaves, to detuen 7 synths at once. nice lfo varitations, ARP and delays, built in.

MDA piano is very good for piano sounds, or FL keys.

GODKILLEr for a powerful synth line, the built in flanger and delay are kinda nice.

Quatum64, and rainbow2 are also some lesser know favrites, for synth lines.

Plasticz for being hard as nailz.

Phibes for being the best organ, even topping the DaOrgan, which is okay for hockey game organs, the mellow funeral organ is phibes.

z3ta+ is a really complete setup for synth with a lot of GOOD QUALITY built-in effects.

pentagon i for amazingly versatility in synth form bass to lead, to pad, and the likes, using 4 FM synths, built in cabnet emulators, delay, flang the likes...

Morphzia can do the nice phat sounds that get put into d&b

QuadFuzz for being a good multiband distortion unit, with nice variables.

ShivaShifter,fr just playing with the pitch for fun.

CHESS VST from the robobear, was fun, and it's smartest CHESS GAME I have played, low resources.

ANALOGIC delay is good for light delays, or more like dubs.

Bionic delay is where you get the trance like delays from.

Tape Delay is a nice free delay for the good tape like delays. not perfect for presets but you can figure it out, it's only got 3 knowbs.

unlikes Echomania which has too many, with 4 delays setup.

VCS-Reducer is 1337 for lo0fi sound, it is amazing.

SCUZZPHUT for the nice muteing and unmute. like a gate with a beat.

Glitchone MB can be nice for random noise.

Square-o-matic for warming up a sound.

room-machine can give nice full reverbs, for pad's but sucks for close up on rums, i think.

voxengo oldschool verb is amazing for the old school choopier reverbs, like a close delay, but it is smooth for long sustaining sounds, that are not preccusin.

Classic Flanger is nice for the old school guitar flang sound.

Kantos VST is a weird little Vocoder, except it inputs it's own carrier, and uses a gate for it also. lots of built in effects, whcih can be usefull. but it's better to use a good vocoder. fruity and MDA haver the own. or CM vocoder is the fruity one.

PlancarWare has a few good effects, like flanger,s and reverbs, empire and the likes. not horrible good though. no graphica user interphase though for them either.

solid reverb can give you some mind blowing resonations.

KTGranulator for a reverb, that's almost a plate reverb, but also granulates sounds into nice bite size chunks, or freezes them.

RoboBear makes a weird filter for experimental filters.

same for deconstructors but for distortion.

AntarisTube gives some nice warmth, in a tradishinal tube way.

Kiesle free delay, is a nice free delay, that works well.

Orberon 4 and 8 are nie 303's

Albion one of the nicest soft synth'si have ever heard is like cream, or silk. depends on which filter you use. but it's amazing.

WASP vst for niiiiiiiiiiiice acid lines.

Rouge for a synth line with a devistating warm sound. from luke wamr to all out fire.

FreeAlpha (shareware) to DetlaIII simular, but Delta is more powerful, are both standard, mixed weith amplitube can give better feels.

Beast and Claw i find too much cheese they have to high of a high end, and sound okay alone, maybe, don't fit in anywhere. there suppose to be sharp, but DAMNIT, they just are too cheap sounding.

Chill can give a nice flanged synth . bass or lead or pad.

proto psg for good cheese though, with a very bassic dual osclator setup.

JCM9000 and RednefTwin are booth nice tube's to use to warm up a line. check thoes out for sure. or Ruby Tube for a lmiter/exciter.

Sun Ra the weirdest atmospheric pad, will never end. it seems, it just makes a nice long sound of it's own, for that Ambient sun god I LOVE TO ROCK sound.
makes you feel like you're on acid.

BizuneVSt for a weird syth, that when you move his head, it makes the whole pitch doo flops, like no glitch has ever exsitead as cool as that.

OXE fm synth, though is nice, i have never liked it, mostly cuz i hate matrix fm, the only way to use the 8 pitch ones is luck, or randomize.

Triangle I is like Pentagon, but it uses 3 FM synths.

vivaladi for some great pad sounds.

plugsoundsFREE! is wicked sound bank.

so is sample tank. free is free so i rate it as exceltn in my student budget.

FPC a drum machine taht comes with it's own drum sounds, can be change, but best of it automaticly reads the midi velocity and plays the appropriate sound for that velocity. lighter hits for lighter strokes. it reads midi ina bank so you can save fun drum loops. and md the sounds esily.

sorry for my spelling mistakes. the names i made sure i got right.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 4 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 28-12-2004 02:55.

27-12-2004 23:22 Homepage of Halph-Price
Nosrac Nosrac is a male
Bag of Hammers

images/avatars/avatar-837.jpg

Registration Date: 15-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
17 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.76

Absynth 2.0 - for granular synthesis (for example can use any sample - vocals have a nice effect - as the wave form for your patch - very cool results).

Pro-53 - some cool 70's leads in the presets but the fun really starts when you start tweeking - very meaty sounds can be created with very subtle knob twists.

Battery- drum sampler - easy to use.

Kontakt - still learning but possibilities seem endless.

Vokator - ultimate audio masher

Reactor - ultimate for creating your own patches, but very hard to learn.

A1 - free with Cubase - versitile analogue synthesis

FM-7 - like the old DX-7? Cool if you like FM synthesis

__
Tunes pictures and info: Myspace Page
MP3's: Acid Planet Page
28-12-2004 01:23 Homepage of Nosrac
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

I have to say that NI Absynth 3 roxx, it has great sound and finally it's more user friendly and compact to tweak it

also some tips

softplug adventus - great for phat leads & trancy sounds
audiorealism bassline ==> imo best 303 simulation
and vst's that i use a lot nowadays for it's good sound and low resource needs are plugs from "ohm-group"

- predatorohm - very good distortion
- mobilohm - phaser / morpher nice unique sound
- ohmboys - good delay with some effects innit
- quadfrohmage - filter unit with saturation, it has some nice algorythms I've found just in reason's malstrom synth. very nice effect.

2016 stereoroom - great reverb unit, i think the best digital reverb i have ever heard

__

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by B-complex: 28-12-2004 08:26.

28-12-2004 07:11
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

damm partners, wats it with the slayer thing. I think it sounds terrible. nothing like a real guitar and most of the time you just hear that it is a slayer guitar line so ....
stay of the slayer's I and II . bad news!!!!!

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
28-12-2004 10:58
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

the soloing with slayer is cool, that's what i like to use it for, the actual sound can be good if you fudge it enough. but yea,if you just leave it dry, it's terrible.

theSlayer_FX for it suck even, cannot use it on any other sound, doesn't do acustics good at all, but the Slayer Bass setup, works pretty well for a good punk/rokc bassline that sounds perfect.

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

28-12-2004 19:45 Homepage of Halph-Price
kareem kareem is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 10-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

I don't know anything about vst's and I really want to start working with them but I have no idea how.

my question I have is 'are vst's .dll files?'

really need an answer cos' I want to start working with these vst's.

tnx
28-12-2004 19:59 Homepage of kareem
charleskoncept charleskoncept is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-580.jpg

Registration Date: 29-09-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.50

.dll is a type of file wether it be vst's or something for quicken... its a file extension....

but most of the time.. thats what you will get is a dll filel for use with a fruity loops or cakewalk or some other seurencing program..

peace :!:

__
charleskoncept
31-12-2004 21:04
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

im gonna have to ass albino to my list...i lvoe albino XD!!!!! Bigup Smile )

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

31-12-2004 22:24
XTensionTrigger XTensionTrigger is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2287.gif

Registration Date: 04-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

My favorite is a Korg LC, I spend with him a lot time, particularly with MS-20...
Next on my list is Absynth - best pad's on this planet...
PRO-53 thats universal synth,
Albino nice "atmospheric" pad's,
Claw - Pretty and simple,

I write sometimes vst in synthedit...

__

Myspace
01-01-2005 17:26 Homepage of XTensionTrigger
muphasta muphasta is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1490.jpg

Registration Date: 29-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.88

quote:
Originally posted by Surora23
im gonna have to ass

nice spelling chap

cheers

__
muphasta none dnb
www.myspace.com/muphsugar
reggeadubwise.com
Roots-reggea-project: muphsteppa
muphsteppa@reggeadubwise
01-01-2005 20:10
Zombie Algorithm

Helpfulness rating: 

i laughed at that too!

__
FREE DOWNLOADS

01-01-2005 20:32 Homepage of Halph-Price
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » which are your favorite vst's and why