drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » People that dont help
Go to the bottom of this page People that dont help
Author
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

Sorry to all,...i got outta hand,..especially sorry to Greyone and Arkitekt,....you guy's didn't deserve that shit,...and sites not goin down imo,..im just gonna take a break,..probably just me,...anyway sorry for flammin,..cheers.

__
Space
13-09-2006 19:41
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
Sorry to all,...i got outta hand,..especially sorry to Greyone and Arkitekt,....you guy's didn't deserve that shit,...and sites not goin down imo,..im just gonna take a break,..probably just me,...anyway sorry for flammin,..cheers.

man i guess we are both lucky i read down a little further. Cause i was ready to rip your asshole out and feed it to you. and i probably would have gotten banned for what i was gonna post, hehe..

anyways np man. i will admit my advice may not be the best but from where i was in my "career" it was the best i could give.

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
13-09-2006 21:57 Homepage of Arkitekt
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

no problemo Hug
14-09-2006 10:16
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

Now kiss and make up boys Big Grin

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

14-09-2006 12:15 Homepage of D2o
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

i appreciate that guy's,..cheers. Smile

__
Space
14-09-2006 20:00
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Reviewing always has and always will be a bit of an issue on this site. I dont think starting yet another thread is gonna make any difference.

I'll admit to not being very good with writing reviews recently, I havent done it because of serious lack of time, not to mention that it takes a LOT longer for me to write one handed (left handed too). But at the same time I've not been uploading any tracks in ages so I dont figure Im doing anything bad.

The last thing we need is for this to come down to oweing each other reviews since this will just end up in shitty short reviews.

Writting reviews is something you have to be in the mood for, I'll get the urge sometimes and just sit for an hour or 2 and write reviews, realisticaly it only takes 4 minutes to write a good review, and you can do it while listening to the tune. What I'll do is write as I listen, commenting on things as I go. I'll pause the track occasionaly so I can catch up, and then do a summery when the tracks finished. Its no effort really. The problem is that if you only review a couple then you get people getting all pissy because you didnt review their tune. I feels like its a case of review them all or dont review any.

I do understand where people are coming from on this. Review politics are the one thing which fuks this site up, but it is a cool feature too.

What I'd suggest to anyone new to this site, is just wait. Build up friendships with people and as cheesy as it sounds, earn a little respect. Your not gonna do yourself any favours by bitching about the site only a couple of months after joining it. If you get to know people then they'll gladdly check out tunes in the same way as your mates do. But the whole "you owe me a review" doesnt help a jot.

There a a few people on here who'd Id consider good friends and if I see a new tune of theres I'll try and check it out ASAP. Sometimes I cant but I do try to. This isnt because I "owe them" a review but because I enjoy hearing what they've been up to. Its the same as any other mates of mine.

This also works in other things as well. If you are more matey with people, then they are more likely to take your advice/ critisisms/ opinion a little more to heart and are not gonna get pissy if you do dislike something.

There are also a few who seem to swan around this website thinking that their super beings. When you recieve a review from them it should be like being touched by god. These are normally the people who get annoyed when people dont listen to their advice (normally because that advice comes across as pure arrogance). Im sure Ive said this before, But IMO we are all in the same place, none of us have 10 album deals with warner or whatever, and with the exception of thechronic, I dont think any one works in audio FOR A LIVING. My point is that none of us really carry any weight to our opinions, a review from a guy whos been producing for 10 years is as valuable as someone whos been producing for 10 days because at the end of the day, your trying to make music the PEOPLE like regardless of what those people know.

Fuckit, my 2 cents anyway
17-09-2006 12:42
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

oh PS......

EQUIPPED FOR PRESIDENT!!!!
17-09-2006 12:43
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

some good points to be noted there imo..

nice one... Smile

__
My Sounds
17-09-2006 20:20
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

Damn I would have never thought this subject would have gone like this. But since posting this thread, alot of people are leaving reviews more and more every day, that I havent seen do so, in a while. I dig it, if this subject has something to do with it then I got mine and others point across and it might have sunk in for some. This thread also showed me, that the music is all about quality not quantity biz that someone said, not sure who and im too lazy to open a new window to see who said it Big Grin but, I am taking my music alot more seriously since reading that. I have been studying on sound freq, comp, etc. And I am noticing a huge difference. But I wont post due to the fact that I post to many tunes. Big Grin Anyways, enough from me on this subject, I just hope this thread stirred something up for some of you!

RespekT! to ALL
iKoN

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
17-09-2006 21:11 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

giving reviews for getting them is a concept of "good will" and it will never work in such "an eye for an eye" manner. it won't work in any way actually as noone is obliged to do anything.

I fear the thing is not in "not having the time". if you're willing to do something, then you do it. but people grow out of styles.

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
19-09-2006 23:53 Homepage of cynik
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » People that dont help