Go to the bottom of this page People that dont help
Author
Philthy McNasty Philthy McNasty is a male
Florida DnB Masta!

images/avatars/avatar-2723.jpg

Registration Date: 23-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
24 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.00

I was just wondering about all these people on here that post tunes and expect feedback, but never leave feedback for others, or do but it is for people they know. I am getting to the point...were I see that there are certain people I will check out there tunes, and others that i wont....strictly because I have checked their tunes, and left feedback on them before....and they didnt do the same. I am not gonna point fingers, but I am sure they know who they are. Just felt like ranting......so dont be suprised when I dont check your tunes out.

Much RespekT to those who HELP!
iKoN

__
http://www.myspace.com/philthydubbish
09-09-2006 21:26 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I used to help... A LOT... at least I tried to help. I used to review EVERY tune posted. Than I ran out of time Frown Sorry!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

10-09-2006 12:09 Homepage of Surya
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

i know i'm a big culprit for this but like Surya said i just dont have much time to download, listen and then review peoples stuff.

i'd like to but at the moment i have too many other comitments Frown

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

11-09-2006 09:12 Homepage of D2o
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by iKoN
or do but it is for people they know.

i dont often check peoples tracks which i dont know, because most of the time, they dont return the favour. and a review takes time which i dont have

i didnt review your tracks, cuz your postin too many imo.

__
MySpace
11-09-2006 09:46 Homepage of Rudeone
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

When the site was in trouble some time ago a lot of people left it alone and only a few tunes were uploaded, so they got more attention. Since the new server got online the site is flooded with tunes and new users, a lot of tunes means a lot of work for reviewers and the new guys are often searching for an own style and stuff and thus not realy able to comment on tunes like they should (I guess).

And ofcourse time is always a major problem.

I would really like it if the tracks could be streamed, it would consume less time to listen into a track and it would mean less data traffic for the site.

Maybe Rudeone has a point too.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
11-09-2006 09:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

quote:
Originally posted by rudeone

i didnt review your tracks, cuz your postin too many imo.

too tru,

iKon you have like 20 tracks in the tune section in the last month.
and you wonder why you dont get many reviews

you need to concentrait on quality not quanity

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

11-09-2006 10:17 Homepage of D2o
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

im here for a few years now and its hard but cool to see new producers every month who expect reviews all the time...
beginning producers review beginning producers
mid producers review eatchother
and producers who've been here a time review eatchoter
with a fex expeptions ofcourse...

there should be a tutorial with a learn-to-make-dnb-in-a-year Tongue

for beginners its ALWAYS:
drums are too standard
bass istn correct eqed , or yeh almost anything aint good eqed
good ideas , work it out more
experiment some more (fx , knobs , cutting , eqing , compressing , variation , blablablalba...)

for mid-producers:
Eqing , some more fx , variation , exercise...

producers:
Eqing , Mastering ...

no offence
11-09-2006 15:44
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by greyone
for beginners its ALWAYS:
drums are too standard

My drums are standard???? Hmmmm....well....I would have to disagree on that. And yes, I do make alot of tunes, but I am starting to make a bunch...just so I can get the idea layed down, then I go back and fuck around and tweak shit out. I actually just looked at my amount of tunes, and I had no idea I uploaded 18 Huh But 3 of which are dups that I redid. Oh well....my point is....or was I should say, that no matter who it is, if I have time, I check and leave feedback on every tune, for any artist. For those of you who think you are as greyone would put it "producers" isnt that even more reason for you to leave feedback and tell people the things that they are doing that are good, and the things that just suck outright. See me, in the past 2-3 months that I have been producing I think I have come A LONG way. And its good to have people like Paki, Baz, who know more than me, PM and say this is what your doing wrong, and this is what sounds good, yadayadayada. This forum is starting to remind me of r-j.com. And not in a good way. They have had all these problems with these so called "producers" being pricks to those who are starting out, and they think as someone on the forum said. "there heads are in the clouds above the rest of us scum" or something along those lines. Look, I just wanted to post this, in a semi ranting, semi cry for help. Cry for help meaning, I want people who know more about producing to help me and others like me, become great if possible. From what I have been told, I need alot of work on my mixdowns, and mastering, and some Eq'n issues. But I have heard that my drums are nasty for someone who has been only producing for 2-3 months. So if you hear something that you can help....then help.....if you dont have the time then dont. Just dont segregate based on producing experience. help those who help you no matter what class you would put them in....in your head. Because everyone who does their thing is a producer.....just some are alot better than others Big Grin

RespekT and no offense taking to those who ambushed me Big Grin !

iKoN

__
11-09-2006 19:32 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

the main reason i don't really leave any reviews is that too many people don't wanna hear the truth, they just want to hear people say that their tune rocks or something like that, and get mad if you don't say that...they get upset if you critisize their tune and tell them that it needs work or whatever, so why should i waste my time?

__

11-09-2006 20:38
Florida DnB Masta!

Helpfulness rating: 

Me personally....I would rather someone tell me the real deal, then to sugar coat it. Thats how I am. Now I wont just straight up say, your tune sucks, quit NOW! or anything along those lines, but I will say, hey look it doesnt sound good, and imo this is what you need to do. But enough said about this topic now I know where people stand and tis all good.

__
11-09-2006 21:28 Homepage of Philthy McNasty
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

well ive been using this great site (and the members herein) as a useful tool to make my productions better. Ive been here for about a year or so, and im kinda disappointed in the lack of reviews i receive. I dont upload alot of tunes and im not a total n00b. the time i have to review other ppls tunes comes in spurts. sometimes i visit the site and review 3 tunes in one day, without uploading a tune. and with the exception of a few long-time users....(you know who ya are, biggup Wink mostly just new ppl review my tunes, and believe me when i say i CAN take constructive criticism, after all... if someone lies to spare someones feelings, ya wont get any better at writing music right? so i welcome any and ALL feedback on my tunes....

although i cant seem to upload a tune., it wont work...

Frown

anyway, nice work all the ppl who make this site possible....

its a service to the scene/

__

MuZIK
12-09-2006 10:59 Homepage of BeatJunkie
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Akuma
the main reason i don't really leave any reviews is that too many people don't wanna hear the truth, they just want to hear people say that their tune rocks or something like that, and get mad if you don't say that...they get upset if you critisize their tune and tell them that it needs work or whatever, so why should i waste my time?

its not a waste of time, its a matter of respect returnin peoples' (helpful) reviews

anyways, all you can really do, is givin helpful reviews and pick out the people who return and who dont. you cant force it with threads like this.

and ikon, i know how i started out 2 years ago. i worked on tracks nearly everyday and i posted like 30 previews in this time. but you post 20 tunes in 2 month Tongue so dont be dissapointed, you'll get better with every tune you make

__
MySpace
12-09-2006 11:36 Homepage of Rudeone
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

all i gotta say is that yes some reviews can be a bit corny at times,...mine included,...but this site's a shitload's better than other's for the helpfullness in the reviews....belive me i won't name name's,..but there are some if not most sites where you will never get an honest review,..just bigup's 247,..i have yet to find a site that has as many honest people willing to write a decent review,..anyway,..keep up the good honest hardy reviews lad's,..this a a fucking good site,...would hate to see it turn to shit like them other sites,..cheers.

__
Space
12-09-2006 23:12
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
,..keep up the good honest hardy reviews lad's,
when we all have time ofcourse. Wink

__
Space
12-09-2006 23:15
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Akuma

So can i send you some of my stuff and have you tell me to fuck off cause that would be great! Seriously i would love it. Big Grin

im joking Mr akuma .. no fireballs please.

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
13-09-2006 00:32 Homepage of Arkitekt
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

I dont review tunes. I stopped that months ago. Hell i stopped coming around for a little bit. Smile
I dont review cause no one takes the advice i offer. They say "oh yeah ill work on that!" and then the next tune they upload has the same damn thing wrong with it. So i figure wtf is the point if no one is gonna take the advice i offer?
Im not sayin i know it all i dont, and im not too proud to admit that. But if i tell you something is wrong or something needs to be redone its because i think it needs to be redone. Its all opinion anyway. Drummer

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
13-09-2006 00:36 Homepage of Arkitekt
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

arkitekt is right but i had that problem too.
like when i was i noob the hell i knew about compressors and boost that frequenty and side chaining (which i still dont know). so i made the same mistake over and over again...
solution:

id say if you can review in somebodies foreign language do it , its so stupid to see Flemish people reviewing eatchother in flemish unknowing all the spelling of the english producer language...

besides , the point of helping noobs is just to get them started , the biggest part is finding things by oneself .
13-09-2006 09:24
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

you two don't review no more cause no one uses the advice you offer,...cause it was probably shit advice,..what are you the fucking top notcher's of all dnb,....fuck sake,...man people are a bunch of fucking whiney bitches round here nowa day's,..that shit's gettin real tired,... watse of fucking time,....sites officially goin down in my book's.

__
Space
13-09-2006 16:05
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

not all directed at you two but the first part is,..i fucking hate reviewin but outta respect i do it when i can,..you two ain't around much anymore so do whatever the fuck you want but man this sites no fun no more,....guess any site looses its shit after a bit,..oh well,...sorry for harshness,..early mornin bitch fest me included,..takin fat break from the dnb.be's,...cheers

__
Space
13-09-2006 16:20
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

man, i feel the same way bro, as for my productions im gutted coz cant get FL working properly but for legal reasons i aint gonna post the exat details why on this site Wink , but i wish i could get producing again god damn it and post here for all my true headz (you know who you are)

this site is still good coz of the headz that care and newbies are welcome we alwayz have this phase of questions and comments whenever a new set join and theres a good genuine reason behind this.

ikon - alll i can see your doing wrong is posting so many tracks thats all, as for people that dont review your tunes well just dont return the favour, thats all you can do bro

i still prefer this site to any UK based site as of yet and am trying to get my setup going again so i can enjoy this place like i once did.

For me its never been about seeing how good eachother are although i completly embrace the new voting system, its more about seeing other people point of view on the passion they have for this music - drum n bass. i love hearing different atmosphere's and vibes from the crew ranging from the hard Friscko - Greyone - Baz style to the more mellow Rudeone - Daze dnd - crushfuck style to the experimental sound of equipped and cynik, for diversity its all here man, and rating these people mainly on their eqing talents is at the bottom my list imo...

all the hating issues aside i still love this place wether its slow or busy..

hail to the dnb.be crew Drummer

__
My Sounds
13-09-2006 17:38
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » People that dont help