drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » The new voting system is here!!
Go to the bottom of this page The new voting system is here!!
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

The 'latest tracks' box on the home page now also only shows ratings for tracks that have 3 or more votes.

The 'This months recommended tracks' box on the home page only shows ratings for tracks that have 5 or more votes. So it basically shows the nominations for the next tune of the month.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
11-10-2006 11:28 Homepage of thechronic
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

i think a clearly arranged kind of chart system would be a good idea.

something similar to this one

is there any way we can help you with the codin of the forum chronic?

__
MySpace
11-10-2006 16:14 Homepage of Rudeone
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by rudeone
i think a clearly arranged kind of chart system would be a good idea.

something similar to this one

is there any way we can help you with the codin of the forum chronic?

man thats looking quite complex. lets keep it simple

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
11-10-2006 16:20 Homepage of cynik
Rudeone
love & light

Helpfulness rating: 

its a track chart list of the day, month and year. ok no need for day but a list of the best tracks of the year? just a thought though

__
MySpace
11-10-2006 16:27 Homepage of Rudeone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Rude, I like the idea. Can you help thechronic with the codings?

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
12-10-2006 02:20 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Rudeone
love & light

Helpfulness rating: 

just finshed my apprenticeship as software developer, got 3 weeks of vacation and i know php. but i didnt look through the code of a forum yet. dunno might be worth a try

__
MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rudeone: 12-10-2006 03:26.

12-10-2006 03:25 Homepage of Rudeone
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

An interesting offer, I'm going to think about it, there might be some stuff you can do!

Unfortunately I'm in a very busy period atm, am working on a live DVD that will contain 3 hours of music and it takes up nearly all my time. Getting a new programmer in will take up lots of time for planning and preparation etc.

I have still tried to keep up the programming work on the voting system though over the past weeks, even if it was just half an hour in a dead moment every now and then.

A list of changes that have been made since the last status report:
  • [DONE] remove the welcome text after voting
  • [DONE] show links to reviews and vote page in the 'vote for these tracks' list in the vote page
  • [DONE] clean up and streamline code
  • [DONE] put a check in the code for the validity of the vote values before submitting them to the database. A previous bug caused 4 votes to be entered with '0' for shake factor
  • [DONE] bugfix: producers can't download their own tracks anymore!
  • [DONE] use half stars in the vote page too
  • [DONE] include number of downloads left in log class
  • [DONE] only show rating for tracks with three or more votes in the listen page, except for tracks that have been uploaded before the voting system went live
  • [DONE] home page: latest tracks - only show rating for tracks that have three or more votes
  • [DONE] home page: This months recommended tracks - only show rating for tracks that have 5 or more votes
  • [DONE] when a track is downloaded, show the vote page automatically
  • [DONE] use half stars when showing the rating for a track
  • [DONE] inform guests about how many downloads they have left
  • [DONE] put 'Please vote for these tracks'-box above the 'this weeks top rated tracks' box
  • [DONE] change the layout of the two boxes at the right so they match the layout in the home page

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
19-10-2006 01:30 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

And my new to do list Smile I want to finish off the voting system completely before moving on to another part of the site.

Focus is now on getting what is there to work properly, new features are for later.

TO DO:

top priority:
  • send an error mail automatically when any database query fails
  • bugfix: when trying to download a track with an invalid ID a message is shown about voting
  • put link to track reviews in download/vote page
  • improve error message after exceeding 5 guest downloads
  • do not show downloading info when guest has no downloads left
  • after voting, suggest a couple of tracks that could use a vote, and refer to the 'Please vote for these tracks' box
  • ask user to review after voting
  • grey out the [download] links for guests who have exceeded their download limit
  • don't show track that is currently being downloaded / voted for in the 'please vote for these tracks' list
  • date is missing in footer copyright notice, HTML includes need to be rewritten for page generation class
  • show different text in page title and 'Your rating for producer name - track name' header when downloading instead of voting
  • don't show heading text after voting, instead show something like 'Your vote for 'producer - track name' has been registered. Thanks for voting!

low priority:
  • make a page where every producer can see the number of votes for their tracks
  • allow users to choose between 1/5/10 aspect votes
  • make a system so every user's 1/5/10 aspect preference is remembered (should do the same for eg the # of tracks and the sort order in the listen page etc)
  • rework the page so that it is shown when casting a revote
  • the PEAR::Quickform class generates an empty <b></b> tag
  • change form layout, make it a bit more airy, bigger margins on headers, bigger spaces between texts
  • add a short welcome text for users coming from another site
  • for guests: display a message box with some useful info on every page (eg # of downloads left, link to FAQ with member benefits, etc)
  • when the user is downloading, make the info text about the download stand out more, some people are looking over it
  • show box with track info when downloading

__
19-10-2006 01:53 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Recent changes done to vote page:

• send a bug report via mail automatically when any database query fails
  • bugfix: when trying to download a track with an invalid ID a message is shown about voting
  • put link to track reviews in download/vote page
  • do not show downloading info when guest has no downloads left
  • after voting, suggest a couple of tracks that could use a vote, and refer to the 'Please vote for these tracks' box
  • ask user to review after voting
  • grey out the [download] links for guests who have exceeded their download limit
  • don't show track that is currently being downloaded / voted for in the 'please vote for these tracks' list
  • date is missing in footer copyright notice, HTML includes need to be rewritten for page generation class
  • show different text in page title and 'Your rating for producer name - track name' header when downloading instead of voting
  • don't show heading text after voting, instead show something like 'Your vote for 'producer - track name' has been registered. Thanks for voting!
  • In IE7 the 'thanks for voting' & 'invalid track number' texts appear half way down the page, invisible for people with low resolution screens
  • bugfix: don't output automatic download code when track id is invalid
  • improve function that sends bug report emails
  • fix log class so that users that are non-activated or blocked are never accidentally logged in by the class
  • Grey out the [vote] links for producers' own tracks
  • Bugfix: it is possible to vote for own tracks after downloading (reported by Muad'dib, thanks!)
  • Don't show vote form when guest user can't download because the daily limit has been reached
  • Don't show the 'You can vote for this track...' text when guest user has reached the daily limit
  • the [download] links should be greyed out already when a guest is in his last download page
  • Put the links to reviews etc in a track info box, with other details about the track.
  • In the download boxes a blue underline is shown underneath the stars when mousing over the producer name
  • Instead of greyed out [download] and [vote] links, show [download limit reached] for guests
  • Don't show 'You can vote for this track after listening...' text when downloading own track
  • Link producer name in download boxes to producer info instead of track download
  • replace the table based layout by a full CSS layout
  • improve the appearance of the error message when voting for own track
  • Put log out option in log box when user is logged in

__
19-11-2006 21:15 Homepage of thechronic
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

this voting system is still shit

this morning i had two tracks in the top for this months tunes.

now there is only one yet noone has given either a review

my latest one had 4 1/2 stars, now only has 3 1/2 stars

piss take.

people need to sort themselves out before given shit votes

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

02-12-2006 21:26 Homepage of D2o
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

lol you mean it is shit because your rating went down? If it went up would you still think it was shit?

More votes give a better average, tracks can show up to be too high or low initially but as the number of votes rise it will give a better indication.

I made it to the best of my knowledge and after reading a shitload of theory on statistics. Now be constructive and do your research and then tell me how I can improve the calculation of the votes Wink

__
02-12-2006 22:04 Homepage of thechronic
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

i have no idea how you can calculat vote any better, im far too simple for that Big Grin

i think it's just people being petty that i have 2 tunes in the top if the months list.

it just annoys me that people vote even when they dont leave feedback

__

02-12-2006 22:11 Homepage of D2o
Rudeone
love & light

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Jimmy C
i have no idea how you can calculat vote any better, im far too simple for that Big Grin

i think it's just people being petty that i have 2 tunes in the top if the months list.

it just annoys me that people vote even when they dont leave feedback

do you produce because you love the music or do you just want a good ranking Confused

__
MySpace
02-12-2006 23:05 Homepage of Rudeone
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I think it is nice that if someone doesn't have the time or the will to write a review that they at least make the effort to cast a vote!

__
03-12-2006 11:28 Homepage of thechronic
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

how about this

theres an option so that we can choose if the track will be votable

theres another chart alongside the best voted tracks, which doesnt include the votes at all but includes 10 tracks of the month, in order which are most hit up, kind of a popularity chart

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
03-12-2006 14:33 Homepage of cynik
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by rudeone

do you produce because you love the music or do you just want a good ranking Confused

i do it so one day people will lick my arse and tell me im good.

__

03-12-2006 15:23 Homepage of D2o
Rudeone
love & light

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Jimmy C

__
MySpace
03-12-2006 16:10 Homepage of Rudeone
@1$-)
unregistered
i like the principle of the voting system. but it should tell you in someones review how much they voted. And you should not be able to vote unless you have reviewed.

it would get rid of stupid voting completely.
how difficult can it be?

*edit
ive probably said this before

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by utter muppet: 03-12-2006 19:52.

03-12-2006 19:51
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by MUNKI C
i like the principle of the voting system. but it should tell you in someones review how much they voted. And you should not be able to vote unless you have reviewed.

it would get rid of stupid voting completely.
how difficult can it be?

*edit
ive probably said this before

there we go, a good way to help improve the voting.

__

03-12-2006 23:47 Homepage of D2o
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Latest changes to voting system:

• [DONE] The ratings in the vote page are not the same as in the home page and listen page (sigmoid function not applied)
  • [DONE] Put '(preview)' in the titles and boxes if tracks are previews.
  • [DONE] Only show tracks in the 'this weeks top rated tracks' box that have at least 3 votes

__
12-01-2007 19:15 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » The new voting system is here!!