drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » fuck off bitch! (or the "why does fl4 not read fl3 zgr's?" thread)
Go to the bottom of this page fuck off bitch! (or the "why does fl4 not read fl3 zgr's?" thread)
Author
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

So a little while ago, i switched from 3.56 to 4.1 (because 6 wont work)..it's all much nicer and easier, with the exeption of one thing.

the FL4 slicer apparantly isnt able or refuses to read the zgr files i made for some of my breaks. Resulting in slices which aint usable at all and being unable to work further on the projects i started in fl3 using those breaks..

First tought was to just open zero-x beatslicer like i would in FL3.56 but, in opposite of the one i had in 3.56 this one doesnt even allow you to export zgr's..

So i tried labelling wav's in audacity but this also wont work, the bitch cuts em just the same way as before..

help me out with this

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 28-08-2006 21:35.

28-08-2006 21:34 Homepage of Friscko
gls
Steppa

Registration Date: 10-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.75

What's happening to the slices exactly?

I have noticed that sometimes if I load zgr files and I've got a soundforge file of the same sample saved it loads up both at the same time and fcuks them up, it adds twice as many slices or something like that. I cant really remember its been a while since it last happened.

Try deleting or moving the audacity file (if it saved one) before loading the sample..

What happens if you choose "Use sample built-in slicing" from the slicing button? That's if you can choose that in 4.1.
30-08-2006 10:07
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by gls
What happens if you choose "Use sample built-in slicing" from the slicing button? That's if you can choose that in 4.1.

i've gotta check that, cus that's why I added those markers in the wav in audacity

what FL are u on?

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Friscko: 30-08-2006 21:34.

30-08-2006 16:10 Homepage of Friscko
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

that didnt work... Roll Eyes

any other suggestions? or anyone who can make me 4.1 compatible version of my zgr?

__

09-10-2006 18:30 Homepage of Friscko
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
So a little while ago, i switched from 3.56 to 4.1 (because 6 wont work)..it's all much nicer and easier, with the exeption of one thing.

the FL4 slicer apparantly isnt able or refuses to read the zgr files i made for some of my breaks. Resulting in slices which aint usable at all and being unable to work further on the projects i started in fl3 using those breaks..

First tought was to just open zero-x beatslicer like i would in FL3.56 but, in opposite of the one i had in 3.56 this one doesnt even allow you to export zgr's..

So i tried labelling wav's in audacity but this also wont work, the bitch cuts em just the same way as before..

help me out with this

just get Fl5 ive been using it since and it hasnt given me a single problem, and he layout is the same as 4.. as far as your slicing goes.. youre out of luck... fl3 is too old for that to work

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

09-10-2006 18:57
Aron Tinnitus

Helpfulness rating: 

thing is, the zgr's from FL 3.56 do load into the beatslicing/wave-editor program zero-x you get with FL 4.1..

but it's a demo version and it doesnt allow you to export zgrs..which the zero-x demo from FL 3;56 did allow

it's pretty fucked up cus I can use my favourite amen anymore because of this Big Grin

__

09-10-2006 19:10 Homepage of Friscko
Surora23 Surora23 is a male
Agressive Melodic Disorder

images/avatars/avatar-1870.jpg

Registration Date: 05-07-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.08

quote:
Originally posted by Friscko
thing is, the zgr's from FL 3.56 do load into the beatslicing/wave-editor program zero-x you get with FL 4.1..

but it's a demo version and it doesnt allow you to export zgrs..which the zero-x demo from FL 3;56 did allow

it's pretty fucked up cus I can use my favourite amen anymore because of this Big Grin

just use a new amen.. theres more out there and its not liek you cant reslice em.. besides i still say you should chop and edit breaks by hand...(wavlab/soundforge)

__
Rinse it OUT!!!! Rinse

10-10-2006 06:19
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » fuck off bitch! (or the "why does fl4 not read fl3 zgr's?" thread)