drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Mc-ing; Suggestions from the Crowd?
Go to the bottom of this page Mc-ing; Suggestions from the Crowd?
Author
Steppa

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by PrinZ
someone gave me a toy a few days ago, some kind of megafoon with all different kind of voices in it, it has an alien voice, and a robot voice and some other voice i forgot.Well, this toy have me an idea Big Grin i placed the toy behind the mic, switched it on to robot voice and began to mc (not really mc but just saying cool words ,y'all know Roll Eyes ), first i was having fun, but i began to use this voice to give the music an new dimention, wich worked out quite nice Big Grin .
So my suggestion; you could use these toys or echoboxes, flange,etc... ,and begin experimenting with it and eventually become an digital manipulated mc Wink

Nah that s wierd; I discussed this with Oxidizer a few days ago... And we might try that one of these; but just use it instead of a mic, or for a second voice maybe> But anyway; nice one! We also have a Korg Chaos Pad, but its kinda hard to keep unter controle on stage... but who knos...

__
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mc D.O.C.: 21-10-2003 21:42.

21-10-2003 21:42
Don-E-Fresh Don-E-Fresh is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-82.gif

Registration Date: 16-07-2003

quote:
Originally posted by Mc D.O.C.
quote:
someone gave me a toy a few days ago, some kind of megafoon with all different kind of voices in it, it has an alien voice, and a robot voice and some other voice i forgot.Well, this toy have me an idea Big Grin i placed the toy behind the mic, switched it on to robot voice and began to mc (not really mc but just saying cool words ,y'all know Roll Eyes ), first i was having fun, but i began to use this voice to give the music an new dimention, wich worked out quite nice Big Grin .
So my suggestion; you could use these toys or echoboxes, flange,etc... ,and begin experimenting with it and eventually become an digital manipulated mc Wink

Nah that s wierd; I discussed this with Oxidizer a few days ago... And we might try that one of these; but just use it instead of a mic, or for a second voice maybe> But anyway; nice one! We also have a Korg Chaos Pad, but its kinda hard to keep unter controle on stage... but who knos...

Did U see Calder @ Pukkelpop??

Lady Vortex behind the decks and Olli(gesmacksverstharker) on the mic, with al kinds of crazy effects on that shit. Was really kinda cool (allthough I hate olli) Was like a totally new dimension of MC'ing

__
All for one and breakz for all
21-10-2003 21:47
Mc D.O.C.
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Don-E-Fresh
quote:
quote:

Did U see Calder @ Pukkelpop??

Lady Vortex behind the decks and Olli(gesmacksverstharker) on the mic, with al kinds of crazy effects on that shit. Was really kinda cool (allthough I hate olli) Was like a totally new dimension of MC'ing

Missed that part of PP, but I kinda know what he does with mics Big Grin Might be a good trick to pull, but maybe in a back to back with a rhymin' mc... one on the sounds-part (maybe a beatboxer with all kinda effects, noises) and one on the lyrical side of things...

__
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mc D.O.C.: 22-10-2003 10:14.

22-10-2003 08:14
Yellow1.
Tourist

Registration Date: 09-10-2003

a nice lady mc to jam with would be phat i think
09-11-2003 14:00
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by Yellow1.

I don't like most lady MC's. They tend to start singing with the track. Don't like that.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

09-11-2003 22:09 Homepage of Surya
Mc D.O.C.
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
quote:

I don't like most lady MC's. They tend to start singing with the track. Don't like that.

Might be right; if they sing to much, they tend to break the "ruffness";;; hard to explain... But put 'm in a back to back with a rappin' mc and it overrules every other set up... Like Dynamite 'n "???" Dunno, but they were at MOD together on the Full Cycle night...

__
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Mc D.O.C.: 14-11-2003 14:14.

13-11-2003 16:15
-SPeeDWaGoN-
Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-71.gif

Registration Date: 25-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Dynamite MC is the one you should watch: without a doubt the best dnb mc around:
* he rhymes on the melody (not just one rhymepatern)
* original raps, no bullshit like barking, yelling for a rewind...
* interaction with the crowd: he actually communicates with the crowd
* he's got a lot of charisma imo
Bigup

__
- From dusk till dawn @ Molenhuis (Molenstede) April
- Respect the Breakz @ Phoenix (Westerlo) April
- Urban Takeover @ Silo (Leuven) April 2005 with Total Science & Aphrodite

more tba and tbc Smile )
14-11-2003 19:20 Homepage of -SPeeDWaGoN-
suvcycle suvcycle is a male
jungle boy

images/avatars/avatar-2083.jpg

Registration Date: 03-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
quote:
quote:

Might be right; if they sing to much, they tend to break the "ruffness";;; hard to explain... But put 'm in a back to back with a rappin' mc and it overrules every other set up... Like Dynamite 'n "???" Dunno, but they were at MOD together on the Full Cycle night...

the lady mc is called Holly Grant --- she's nice idd, she also played alongside Suv a short while ago at MOD

Like mc verse to---the dude really enjoys it, you can tell it by his face

Dynamite still is the best imo...cant think of anyone better

Cheerz

__
some run from the big guns,
some just run from the sound
14-11-2003 19:40
LoRd LoRd is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-25.gif

Registration Date: 02-11-2002

Of UK mc's ; I like GQ and Justiyc (or something like that) GQ is always spot on , seen him 4-5 times and he adds something to the music . Only got a mix from dieselboy & Justiyc in junglodium and he got a great interaction with the crowd and don't "overdrijf"

Personly i don't like dymamite mc. He is one hell of an mc but he bugged me on prev. full cycle . I don't know if it is me but every time tali or the other mc spitted he kept on bangin' the fx box , and you could see the other mc's disliking it but he just kept doing it , maybe it's my imagination but take a look at C's videos and look for instance at the hiphop endin' of the party .

I once seen a mc in rumba with a rectacle lookin' box , i think doc was there too , don't remember clearly but i thought it was a black mc from riot squad but he normally does hiphop , and i think he was good with the strange lookin' box

__

14-11-2003 20:01 Homepage of LoRd
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Saw Justyc on 6 years Kozzmozz, and he does have skills Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

14-11-2003 20:48 Homepage of Surya
Mc D.O.C.
Steppa

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by LoRd
Of UK mc's ; I like GQ and Justiyc (or something like that) GQ is always spot on , seen him 4-5 times and he adds something to the music . Only got a mix from dieselboy & Justiyc in junglodium and he got a great interaction with the crowd and don't "overdrijf"

Personly i don't like dymamite mc. He is one hell of an mc but he bugged me on prev. full cycle . I don't know if it is me but every time tali or the other mc spitted he kept on bangin' the fx box , and you could see the other mc's disliking it but he just kept doing it , maybe it's my imagination but take a look at C's videos and look for instance at the hiphop endin' of the party .

I once seen a mc in rumba with a rectacle lookin' box , i think doc was there too , don't remember clearly but i thought it was a black mc from riot squad but he normally does hiphop , and i think he was good with the strange lookin' box

Prolly K-Styles from Riot Squad, but he s more into hiphop; don t think he`s still out there in the Jungle Sound,,, used to mc longside Wontime...

The Box,,, dunno, fx might be cool, but same rules as ever; od on these things***

__
www.dedkob.com
15-11-2003 07:40
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

indeed , justyc on 6yearz kozzmozz did have skills !!!
liked it very much

don't know so many female mcs but there's one i really like , MaryJane , i think she usually mcs with Lady Lite , veeeeeri nice Bigup

kstyles rules too btw , especially at bbeatz with wontime , there were also some other mcs but i think he was also mcing a bit with souljah playing the decks Big Grin

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by basslicious: 21-11-2003 16:15.

21-11-2003 12:45 Homepage of basslicious
tommy87 tommy87 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2004

quote:
Thnx for the feedback; but I mean really new stuff in generale; maybe more ... euhm... naming topics what an mc should use/touch, what would make you feel connected with what an mc is doing...

I always had an idea to get the crowd really lively - it'd probably only work at a festival or somewhere with loads of ppl but if u started naming all the local towns / areas (whatever) and gettin the ppl from that area to scream when u shouted their town / area then build it all up gettin quicker and quicker linking all the towns into a flow - all in time wiv the dj of course and then dropping it wiv the name of the county or club or whtever. It'd be good because ppl always feel the need to represent where their from! Anyways wht ppl think?
26-08-2004 12:22
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

Could be fun, but shouldn't be used too much, coz then it gets like a cheap trick...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-08-2004 12:26 Homepage of Surya
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Saw Justyc on 6 years Kozzmozz, and he does have skills Big Grin

ooooow yeah , remember that performance .... it made my nite after being checked and double checked by those coppers at the entrance Big Grin (luckily they didn't find my stash Bigup )

__
26-08-2004 12:59 Homepage of basslicious
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

oei double post , forget what i just said Big Grin

must be those nerves fucking up my head Tongue

__
26-08-2004 13:00 Homepage of basslicious
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by skuph
quote:
Thnx for the feedback; but I mean really new stuff in generale; maybe more ... euhm... naming topics what an mc should use/touch, what would make you feel connected with what an mc is doing...

I always had an idea to get the crowd really lively - it'd probably only work at a festival or somewhere with loads of ppl but if u started naming all the local towns / areas (whatever) and gettin the ppl from that area to scream when u shouted their town / area then build it all up gettin quicker and quicker linking all the towns into a flow - all in time wiv the dj of course and then dropping it wiv the name of the county or club or whtever. It'd be good because ppl always feel the need to represent where their from! Anyways wht ppl think?

i think that's probably only possible with local mc's coz i don't think that foreign mcs know a lot about belgium ( man , sometimes they don't even know where it's at , they only know brussels and bruges , sometimes antwerp ) , and even the local mc's should be pretty good at geography then Big Grin

and we don't want stuff happening like with that annoying mc in ghent , do we ( Belgiiiiuuuuuum x 100) Tongue

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by basslicious: 26-08-2004 13:03.

26-08-2004 13:02 Homepage of basslicious
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

*get a wireless mic and surf the crowd while you're mc'ing, getting next to the people making your way through the party mc'ing all the way Big Grin
saw MaryJane do it couple of times (the lady's night of Dacru some time ago for example) it's really great when u hear an mc, don't see him and then all of a sudden he pops from behind you Tongue in ur face drum&bass !

*work out an acrobatic act Big Grin

*pass out spliffs to the audience and say something about it in ur mic

*as said before: get digitalized ! Big Grin Chaos Pads are fucking great, but indeed hard to handle ... maybe some other stuff, 'm sure your creative soul will tell you what to experiment with, if u wanna pull a trick like this.

*smile ! laugh! tell a great joke in the middle of a break, haha Big Grin

__
It's a spiritual thing !

26-08-2004 13:12
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by -J-
*work out an acrobatic act Big Grin

Lol Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by -J-
*pass out spliffs to the audience and say something about it in ur mic

Great! I'm on the front row Big Grin
"Free spliffs at the DJ booth!" -> complete mayhem Tongue
quote:
Originally posted by -J-

It's not stand-up comedy, is it? Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-08-2004 13:16 Homepage of Surya
-J- -J- is a male
Big Bad Battyman

Registration Date: 15-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.25

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by -J-

It's not stand-up comedy, is it? Big Grin

somewhere i hear a great mass shouting clownstep clownstep clownstep
Banana

so,

yes it is Big Grin

Wink

__
It's a spiritual thing !

26-08-2004 22:44
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Mc-ing; Suggestions from the Crowd?