drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Producer rights removed from nonactive producers
Go to the bottom of this page Producer rights removed from nonactive producers
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I have cleaned up the list of registered producers. Now only the people who have actually uploaded one or more tracks retain their producer rights.

If you have had your producer rights removed and want to have them reinstated just apply again!

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
22-08-2006 17:21 Homepage of thechronic
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

aaah so that's what those red stars are ...

Dunno, i've never uploaded to this site but i've put tracks on here to review (uploaded at my own webspace)...

Hope i can still do that?...next one is nearly done....

Been supporting this site for a while now(can't b bothered to post at breakz, wich is to much of a kiddie-place at times Roll Eyes ) and try to share my views on some matters...'cause there are many things i wich i'd known when i started out....so i try to help others starting out.

Big up for this site btw...

Grtz,

Dazee D

__

info/tunes :: MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by daze_DND: 24-08-2006 10:52.

23-08-2006 10:17
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

quote:
Originally posted by daze_DND
Hope i can still do that?...next one is nearly done....

Offcourse, you only need producers rights to upload to this site and get access to the special producers section of the forum

quote:
Originally posted by daze_DND
Been supporting this site for a while now(can't b bothered to post at breakz, wich is to much of a kiddie-place at times Roll Eyes ) and try to share my views on some matters...'cause there are many things i wich i'd known when i started out....so i try to help others starting out.

Which we appreciate offcourse. Your second comment is quite funny though as I remember a couple of years back when you and Dobe told me to go to Breakz to get help on producing Smile

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-08-2006 10:54 Homepage of Surya
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

quote:
Originally posted by Surya

Which we appreciate offcourse. Your second comment is quite funny though as I remember a couple of years back when you and Dobe told me to go to Breakz to get help on producing Smile

We did? hmmm must have been a while back then , 'cause i've had this opinion about breakz for years now (and breakz has never been a good place to get help/info concerning production-things)... excuus Big Grin

on topic: didn't think about ''special producers section''(EDIT: yep thats gone, i can't see that section anymore Frown )....there have been some good topics in that one.....so maybe i do want my producer-rights back Confused ....srry bout the fuzz

Keep on rocking !

Dazee D

__

info/tunes :: MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by daze_DND: 24-08-2006 10:57.

24-08-2006 10:51
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

this is totally NOT intended at daze_DND because I havent checked your reviews..

but what ever the hell happened to that review/tune upload ratio quota rule that has to be fufiled in order to retain the producer rights? what was it, 5 or ten reviews per uploaded track? or was it just a suggestion?

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
24-08-2006 11:10 Homepage of cynik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
but what ever the hell happened to that review/tune upload ratio quota rule that has to be fufiled in order to retain the producer rights? what was it, 5 or ten reviews per uploaded track? or was it just a suggestion?

It was intended as a rule, but it is nearly impossible to enforce. We have had some discussions about this already.

It is possible to make a script that eg counts the number of reponses someone made in the Tunes forum and count that as the number of reviews made, but often people just reply to another post, or they write just a few words which can't be counted as a valid review.

So it would have to be done manually, but going through 4000+ posts and mark them as review or not is a very shitty and longwinded job, and it would have to be updated almost daily!

How it works now is that we don't do any checks, not automated or manually. We ask for 5 detailed reviews (at least 100 words per review) and then people can upload as many tracks as they like without being checked if they keep up with writing reviews...

I'm being very strict with the 5 detailed reviews though, I get loads of PMs from people that want to upload without writing reviews (eg 'I'm really a producer, check the 20 tracks I got on Myspace, please give me upload privileges'). But the point is to get reviews for your tracks, and every review needs to be written by someone!

The rule is technically speaking still in effect, so if we get complaints about people uploading a shitload of tracks without writing reviews we could check it manually and take action. This has not yet happened as far as I know.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-08-2006 04:03 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Hmmm I just got an idea, it could be possible to make a community based effort where people can review reviews Big Grin

That could split the work of seperating the good reviews from the bad amongst dozens of people, keeping it manageable Happy

__
25-08-2006 04:12 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

You would have to alter the forum code for that though...

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-08-2006 08:02 Homepage of Surya
anf0 D anf0 D is a male
CXNT

images/avatars/avatar-1601.jpg

Registration Date: 31-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
16 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.50

and who can b fukt screwing with the code...

__
[R] CentaSpike :: Tracks
25-08-2006 10:20 Homepage of anf0 D
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

I think both he and I can. But it's time consuming and we both have little of that Frown

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

25-08-2006 10:23 Homepage of Surya
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

yeah yeah bad idea I guess. I thought maybe we could scare a few people into writing more Big Grin

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
25-08-2006 10:24 Homepage of cynik
Rudeone
love & light

images/avatars/avatar-2481.jpg

Registration Date: 15-10-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

it should be self evident, that you give someone a good review, when you got one from him.

i dont think we need some extra rules here

yet Tongue

__
MySpace

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Rudeone: 25-08-2006 11:16.

25-08-2006 11:14 Homepage of Rudeone
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
Hmmm I just got an idea, it could be possible to make a community based effort where people can review reviews Big Grin

That could split the work of seperating the good reviews from the bad amongst dozens of people, keeping it manageable Happy

I am up for it.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
25-08-2006 22:29 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic

(eg 'I'm really a producer, check the 20 tracks I got on Myspace, please give me upload privileges'). But the point is to get reviews for your tracks, and every review needs to be written by someone!

people who upload without reviewing must realize they are pissing on everyone who uses the site, after a while it is obious who doesnt want to play the game as us brotherz can stick together and boycott them if need be, aint gonna get no love unless you spread a little but these problem people are in the minority i think..

__
My Sounds
27-08-2006 06:37
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Drumnbass.be news » Producer rights removed from nonactive producers