drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » DJ booth » DJs & MCs » Tips on MCing
Go to the bottom of this page Tips on MCing 2 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.002 Votes - Average Rating: 10.00
Author
Steppa

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

Think it was Shabba...

http://forum.breakbeat.co.uk/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=91528

__
www.dedkob.com

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by Mc D.O.C.: 21-12-2003 09:42.

21-12-2003 09:36
basslicious basslicious is a female
Flashtunes

images/avatars/avatar-259.jpg

Registration Date: 08-05-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by Mc D.O.C.
[quote]Originally posted by lotus

-he never shuts up; Now like I claimed before; you don t got to stay out of the mixes all the time, but he goes on and on and on; even if there`s vocals on the tunes; to much is to much; let the music breed please...

hmmmm , isn't skibadee the one who got punched in the face by optical on a dnb rave in london for not shutting up ?? Passout

don't like him at all , indeed , he doesn't shut up at all , as well , there are mcs that always keep on coming with the same lyrics OVER AND OVER again(can't remember the specific name of the UK one i saw at redzone some time ago with photek and digital , but he was at starwarz in the same week and was screaming all the time : REWIND !!! Roll Eyes ) , this can't be the meaning of mcing , can it ?

__
Give it a try , don't be shy
Well you know you might like it
Never been to keen a timekeeper
But i'm a pure new pleasure seeker
21-12-2003 19:51 Homepage of basslicious
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

hmmm , i just remembered it , think it was mc Rage Mad

__
21-12-2003 19:54 Homepage of basslicious
Mc D.O.C.
Steppa

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
3 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

quote:
Originally posted by basslicious
hmmm , i just remembered it , think it was mc Rage Mad

the mc in the "he gut punshed..." post was Skibadee; still thinks we can't judge about what happened that night;

Rage used to be chill: relaxin' on the stage, just droppin' usefull rhyme every now and then. But when I saw him at Pukkelpop he mumbled a lot, always ending his rhymes with a big "Can weeeeeeee geeeeeeeeeeeet soooooooooome noooooooooise..." Seems he did the same last night; to bad, he used to be tight!

__
www.dedkob.com
21-12-2003 21:09
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Saw Rage on Starwarz, but he was too quiet so he didn't bother me there.
He was on 10 Days Off too, MCing for the lame set of Dillinja... and all he said was
- Where's the nooooooooooize
- Somebody screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeem
- Put your hands in the aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaair
- Who wants a rewiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiind
- Someboyd make some nooooooooooooooooize (to have some variation form the where's the noize I guess)
- I wanna see some hands uuuuuuuuuuup
I think that's about it... He continued this crap fror like the whole set (3hrs). Man, whas I glad when Millennium Kru took over without MC!!!

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

21-12-2003 21:38 Homepage of Surya
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

yeps , mc rage was just the same at digital and photek on redzone Roll Eyes

and indeed , we can't tell what exactely happened that night that skibadee got punched in the face , but my suspicion was the way i formulated it coz i had already a couple of sets with him as an mc , and everytime again he was totally vocaling over everything , just not my thing , thats all Wink

__
22-12-2003 00:51 Homepage of basslicious
dj eskay dj eskay is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-164.jpg

Registration Date: 19-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

Are we talking about mc rage .
He really gets tons of money for screaming that chit !!!
Hes one of the people that i know in the world that not deserves the money where he " works " for.

I HATE that man. He's awfull in mc'ing .
Merry christmas he told me . Not fo him.

Grtz Tongue

__
Stepping bass
30-12-2003 03:01 Homepage of dj eskay
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by dnb-lovendegem
Merry christmas he told me . Not fo him.

so i guess you went to the latest edition of starwarz , if i'm not mistaken , mc rage has wished the vooruit a merry christmas for like 83 times !!!!!! Shocked

but well , this aren't really good tips on mcing so i guess i'm getting Offtopic

__
30-12-2003 16:45 Homepage of basslicious
dj eskay dj eskay is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-164.jpg

Registration Date: 19-08-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

i think this is on-tpoic .
If ou wanna to be an mc , listen to mc rage , and you know that that isnt the way it should be done.

Btw it was 1500 times merry christmas.
Grtz

__
Stepping bass
30-12-2003 17:46 Homepage of dj eskay
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

well , a friend of mine was so crazy/wasted that he decided to count the merry christmasses ....

83 times Wink

indeed , maybe this can be considered as ontopic ( and btw , that offtopic board wasn't meant on you but on myself , i tend to get off point/topic sometimes Roll Eyes )

__
30-12-2003 20:24 Homepage of basslicious
Phazzy Phazzy is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-10-2003

Hi this is MC Slasher, one of Phazzys mates

First try Mcing over a really slow track

Mind u do it in ure bedroom; think of a topic and try freestylin

__
Bigup
28-01-2004 12:40
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

An d'nb MC that hasn't been mentioned here is Saul Williams, in fact I only know he did the vocals on Krust's "Coded Language", but I love that track & he sounds like a good MC. Dynamite rocks! Seen him I think about 3 or 4 times now, and he can make the crowd just explode, what's in a name ha?

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
01-02-2004 00:01 Homepage of djfreemc
Dave_Akuma Dave_Akuma is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1737.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
14 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.29

i'm in no way an mc myself, but know alot of hip hop mc's who actually say deep and meaningful stuff in their rhymes instead of talking about 'bling bling' and all their 'ho's and stupid, meaningless stuff, so one thing's for sure---if you're going to mc, please make sure you have something interesting to say, it seems alot of "mc's" forget that, and so you get a bunch of em saying stupid shit the entire set...and another thing---if the dj plays a tune that has a vocal in it already, don't try to sing along---that just sounds terrible...

__

01-02-2004 00:44
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Dave_Akuma
if the dj plays a tune that has a vocal in it already, don't try to sing along---that just sounds terrible...

Terrible indeed!

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

01-02-2004 10:59 Homepage of Surya
lotus lotus is a female
Sexy Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-355.gif

Registration Date: 10-08-2003

quote:
An d'nb MC that hasn't been mentioned here is Saul Williams, in fact I only know he did the vocals on Krust's "Coded Language"

it's cos he ain't really a d&b MC... comes more from hiphop. Check out the really really wicked film 'Slam' with him, it's excellent.

Also, I think sometimes MCs can sing along and it sounds good. BUT don't sing the melody (otherwise it sounds like karaoke) improvise some harmonies or ornamentations instead...

simple but effective thing: look in the eyes of the crowd, they tell you whether you are going in the right direction or not....

__
http://www.hydra-breaks.net

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by lotus: 10-03-2004 19:22.

10-03-2004 19:21 Homepage of lotus
lizi lizi is a female

Registration Date: 28-01-2004

quote:
Originally posted by dnb-lovendegem
I HATE that man. He's awfull in mc'ing

Roll Eyes You HATE a person because you don't like his mc'ing? Open up man

Btw: he said HAPPY christmas you bunch of naggers.
He said it so often that it actually became funny in the end.

quote:
Originally posted by Mc D.O.C.
Rage used to be chill: relaxin' on the stage, just droppin' usefull rhyme every now and then. But when I saw him at Pukkelpop he mumbled a lot, always ending his rhymes with a big "Can weeeeeeee geeeeeeeeeeeet soooooooooome noooooooooise..." Seems he did the same last night; to bad, he used to be tight!

I've seen him in his better days as well and must say i got lots of sympathy for the man. He's not only the king of coolness, but he's also a very friendly chap.
Loxy vs Rage must be one of the coolest combos you can get Cool ... sometimes the eye wants something too Pleased
Too bad Rage lost himself in this formula-mc'ing, he's defo got the skills!

As for the tips: i don't like shy mc's hiding in a corner behind the dj. An mc has to be up front on stage, shouting to his crowd! (i'm well aware this takes some practice and can't be done from day one) Just remember that you're there for the crowd, and not just an 'extra' vocal.
20-03-2004 15:20
tommy87 tommy87 is a male
Producer

Registration Date: 15-05-2004

Respect to the DOC!! That was a fucking spot on lectuer.

I dunno if anyone cares but I'm bored so I thought i'd post how i got started... not like I'm preaching and trying to talk like a pro because I am DEFINATLY not pro, I havn't even done a fucking club yet. lol neways,

What doc said about rythem and hip-hop is so tru to me, I got started freestylin with a friend at skool. We where always in shit with the teachers and we always where skipping class so we hung out alot and he started me going, gettin the rythem, gettin the idea in ur head of thinking for sequences and words that fit like in advance. I heard some mc say he thought 3 sequences in front of what he was sayin.... he's either a genius or talking shit. I know my main reason for mcin is that ur mind is turned off to everything else other then the rythem and ur vocabulary. Yeh course u still have sensorary and the full use of ur brain, i suppose if ur an mc u'll understand. Its kinda like someone turns u off when ur flowing and all ur doing is talking.... I'm explaining it in a stupid way i know... just can't find the right words lol.

Anyways back to what i was saying. I was never really liked at skool, infact pretty much everyone used to give me shit on a daily basis. I hated it. The main reasons I got shit was because I openinly tried to b different from the pack, i didnt listen to their rnb and pop shit or their metal stuff, I listened to dnb..... I took xtc and I smoke alot of weed. I never tried in class and always bunked off. Now 3 years later I see the people who used to make my life hell gurning their twat of in some club telling me their fucking life story and saying i'm their best m8 and a legend. I call them cunts... uber cunts if I wanna be formal.

So I was freestylin hip-hop wiv this m8 at skool and he didnt dig the dnb thing at all..... come 2 think of it no one did. Which is funny cos everyone LOVES it now.... fucking tourists. I listened to tonnes of skibbadee and dett mixs wiv brockie. Loads of nicky blackmarket live mixes and shit and one night i just started on the dnb thin. I didnt tell anyone for about 7 months i'd been doing it. Then i showed some ppl what i could do and they said i was good, very good. I didn't beleive them, thought they where being nice as m8s... I continued tho and managed to get in contact wiv dj sensa and started recording spits and sending them to him to use in tunes. I then contacted deciBel from this site and we did renegade.... since then I've done a few more spits on deciBels tunes... I did one for aSong4u but it hasnt been done yet, dunno why.

I don't really know where I'm going wiv this or where I even plan to go. I suppose clubs would b the next stage, I was in a band b4 this playing guitar and singin and I gotta say the dnb scene is SOOO different to punk and so easy and accesable to get into. Drum and bass is the most innovative genre out there and I'm glad to have been on this website and added a tune to it. Big Grin that's enuff for me.

Respect to the taunton junglists and all the south-west

ez!
26-08-2004 12:11
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by skuph
I was never really liked at skool, infact pretty much everyone used to give me shit on a daily basis. I hated it. The main reasons I got shit was because I openinly tried to b different from the pack, i didnt listen to their rnb and pop shit or their metal stuff, I listened to dnb..... I took xtc and I smoke alot of weed. I never tried in class and always bunked off. Now 3 years later I see the people who used to make my life hell gurning their twat of in some club telling me their fucking life story and saying i'm their best m8 and a legend. I call them cunts... uber cunts if I wanna be formal.

Lol, I SO recognise that! I never took xtc or anything, but just listening to other music and thinking different things than them was enough for them to talk shit to me all days... I didn't care, I was too much enjoying the music Big Grin

__
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

26-08-2004 12:24 Homepage of Surya
Flashtunes

Helpfulness rating: 

same story here Big Grin

didn't do X or anything aswell .... but the funny thing about it was that were always laughing at my clothes ( "haha , who the hell wears a skirt on top of pants" , ectetc ) or appearance , and indeed , a few years later suddenly almost everyone i used to know is listening to "stubru like music" instead of rnb and shizzle , and is wearing fluo clothes , skirts over pants etc ....

i just have a good laugh at their expense about it Tongue

didn't care bout them in past , wont care about em in the future ....

luckily there were also some alternatives on my school , otherwise it would have been unbearable ...

__
26-08-2004 13:10 Homepage of basslicious
machakil machakil is a male
Player

images/avatars/avatar-332.gif

Registration Date: 06-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.25