drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » upgrading software
Go to the bottom of this page upgrading software
Author

Registration Date: 03-11-2004

I have fl 6 at the mo but don't feel i'm getting the sound or individual track manipulation that I want.

I'm looking to upgrade to cubase, reason, or logic, but which one, any suggestions????????????? Confused
14-08-2006 15:15
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Well, they always bring up cubase as one of the best manipulators, maybe... never tried it, I plan to. But I think I will stick to fruity. Maybe you don't get the manipulation level that you want because you don't know FL pretty well? I had the same feeling a year and half ago, but since then I have found millionz of little and big things about FL that make it one of the best sequencers around.

Add the price, and you get what FL really is.

Dunno, try cubase. I won't recomend reason since it cannot use VSTis, though there is a way around (ReWire and such) but that's a chore.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-08-2006 15:38 Homepage of Muad'Dib
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by trouble

I'm looking to upgrade to cubase, reason, or logic, but which one, any suggestions????????????? Confused

changing to would've been a better choice of words
cuz goin from fl to reason is a downgrade in my eyes (u lose vst support Big Grin )

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
14-08-2006 16:02 Homepage of baz
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

I too consider it as a change, but not like a downgrade but rather mere change... the programs are so different and built around different concepts that you cannot say one is better and the other is not.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
14-08-2006 17:00 Homepage of Muad'Dib
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

Try all of them at a mate or so....and pick the one u are most comfortable with and take it from there...fuck what everyone sais is 'the best sequencer'...

It's not important with what u make yr tunes. it's all about good ideas and how you make yr tune... not the tool you achieve it with...

There are stunnig tracks out there made with fruity and i know some peeps who have a studio u wouldn't believe (gear-freaks who have everything i hope to have one day....aaargh) who haven't come up with squat....

Personally I started out with reason, moved into cubase (with a a lot of reason-rewiring), nowadays i hardly use reason..all cubase.

never used fruity (seemed to fidly to sequence basic things for me...) but i know a few peeps who do amazing things with it...

ow yeah : Logic is MAC-only nowadays (unless u wanna use an really dated pc-version, but why should u)...so if u don't have mac= no go

If u do have a mac...Logic is it, no discussion, i work with logic at a mate sometimes...industrie-standard (but pricey 'cause u have to own an expensive mac, but that's another discussion Smile )

Have a look around this board and other forums...this is a much debated topic...

reason is comparable with fruity in a way....check out cubase sx3...
u won't regret it
Wink

__

info/tunes :: MySpace
14-08-2006 21:40
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » upgrading software