drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Like coca-cola? read this!!!
Go to the bottom of this page Like coca-cola? read this!!!
Author
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
TechDiff always has big analytical texts to show off Big Grin Kidding, thanx for the review.

Bigup

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
Well, I think that they put something else nowadays, something less addictive but still a drug.

Its probably just the sugar, different people find different things addictive. Its not just because of the physical qualities of the substance, but how your brain interpretates it. Thats why some people just cant stop eating food, or drinking coke, or eating cjocolate, or drinking alchohol.

There are some things which are more addictive than others, chocolate, turkey meat (!?!?!?!) sugar, and caffine are all adictive because of the way some peoples brain responds to the chemicals in them. I guess its the same as a lot of other drugs. Some people enjoy the feeling of getting stoned, while some do not. Whether they get the same feeling we'll never know. But the feeling you get, coupled with your perception of that feeling is what makes something addictive.

Eventually, just the thought of something is enough to trigger positive emotions. For example, the warm feeling you get from the first puff on your first cigarette of the day. The likelyhood is that the responce will come before the nicotine has really taken effect, but your brain is already responding to the stimulous or the thought of having the first cigarette. Like when your stomach produces acid in anticipation of food going in it. (which is why chewing gum is bad for you and gives you stomach ulcers)

Anyway, going of on a tangent again.

I just think that because of the stupid amount of potentialy addictive chemicals in Coke. Its no suprise that people get hooked on it. People get hooked on the most insane things. I wonder if it is just one thing in particular that gets people addicted, or one of a number of things.

I wanna know whats in that bag!
08-08-2006 21:18
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

Everything you like gets you addicted. Because you want it again, for it was good the previous time. Every good thing brings addiction. A sum of multiple 'good' things (tasty, that is, as in coke) brings you a huge addiction.

Bitches.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
08-08-2006 22:28 Homepage of Muad'Dib
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

quote:
Originally posted by Dj Jimmy C
the dirty fuckers.

can you imagine what the syrup taste like?!?!
you would probably be up for a week or 2 Shocked

more like be alive for another 2 minutes

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
09-08-2006 10:35 Homepage of cynik
KoFFiE KoFFiE is a male
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

One thing I would like to say - the amount of cafeine in a glass of coke is nothing compared to a standard cup of coffee... One bottle of coke (1,5l) is about the same amount as 2 standard cups of coffee...

In some way I'm addicted to cafeine, but I just need it to work, mostly because usually I don't sleep enough. I survive most weekends I without touching 1 cup of coffee. When going out I sometimes get a redbull or other cafeine or guarana (which is simply a slow-releasing version of cafeine, cafeine is almost instantly released into the blood) boost drinks, but I never feel like "I need cafeine" (except at work Tongue ).

Cafeine can be really addictive to some people (is a +-50% chance you are sensitive to this) but this depends from person to person. What cafeine actually does is sedate the nerves on the outer part of the brain where it touches the skull. The area between the skull and brain fills up with a fluid produced by your brain when awake, resulting in pressure on those nerves once there is too much fluid. This triggers the fatigue feeling. Cafeine increases your tresshold by sedating these nerves that detect this pressure. Sleeping itself causes these fluids to be broken down (cafeine doesn't). For some people - the cafeine isn't broken down quickly enough (has mostly to do with the liver-condition), and the nerves stay sedated when asleep. A very small percentage even gets permanent damage to these nerves. The process which breaks down these fluids putting pressure on the brain then gets wrong input signals, thinking all fluid is gone, while it isn't. People who suffer from one of these 2 problems are then considered to be 'addicted'. 2 days without cafeine solves it for most people. Drinking cafeine the first time after that usually results in a few sleepless nights.

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 10-08-2006 01:54.

10-08-2006 01:50 Homepage of KoFFiE
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Like coca-cola? read this!!!