drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Mono/stereo options in Reason
Go to the bottom of this page Mono/stereo options in Reason
Author
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

could someone let me know about all these effects that im finding have mono and stereo options? Its scaring me a bit, I tried to export something I made in reason the other day through Cubase, and it completely messed up the sound, when I exported it it said something like the two stereo channels will be mixed in mono or something like that, is there something wrong Im doing in reason?

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
31-07-2006 11:21
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

well maybe someone with more cubase-reason rewire knowledge could help you more. I suspect you rewired channels individually in cubase but used only one of the 2 cables that go out of devices in reason

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
31-07-2006 11:55 Homepage of cynik
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

If you wanna bounce some stuff with fx on them, you'd better go for the stereo (in reason: export loop/song to wav or by rewiring to your host)
Exporting a wav or bouncing is the easiest/quickest way, but could come in quite un-handy if you wanna modify your fx-settings.
Rewiring them is the other option which leaves all possibilities open. You could f.e. route your module+fx output to a seperate channel in reason's hardware audio interface so you can open up a seperate rewired channel in cubase solely for your reasonmodule + it's fx.

When you bounce something, cubase will ask you as a default whether to bounce them mono/stereo-split/stereo-interleaved. Stereo-interleaved is the most common way.

hope this was somehow an answer to your question

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
31-07-2006 12:38 Homepage of Soi
Digital Cause Digital Cause is a male
Player

Registration Date: 06-07-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

I didnt even put FX on the reason ting in Cubase, I only rewired to I could export to a different format cos i didnt have a file conversion program. but it just completely mashed the sound, like it literally just made it in-audible... hm...

__
www.myspace.com/digitalcause
www.myspace.com/mysterious1000
03-08-2006 00:50
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

hmm, don't exactly understand what you're saying.
Screenshots or a detailed description of what you do/how you rewire,... would help

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
03-08-2006 01:04 Homepage of Soi
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Reason » Mono/stereo options in Reason