drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » favorite vst plugins?
Go to the bottom of this page favorite vst plugins?
Author
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

s

__
Space

This post has been edited 2 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 24-01-2007 05:02.

24-01-2007 04:51
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

a distortion plugin called,.,..>>"Camel Phat" done me load's of good for years,...there's a part two that is well worth checkin,...that's the one im usin but don't know the detial's,;...is better though,..cheers.

__
Space
24-01-2007 05:43
MaskedPantsMan
Tourist

Registration Date: 19-02-2007

dblue glitch-by far.
20-02-2007 02:57
MaskedPantsMan
Tourist

Registration Date: 19-02-2007

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
a distortion plugin called,.,..>>"Camel Phat" done me load's of good for years,...there's a part two that is well worth checkin,...that's the one im usin but don't know the detial's,;...is better though,..cheers.

I like Camel Phat.
It's some good shit.
20-02-2007 02:58
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
Originally posted by MaskedPantsMan
dblue glitch-by far.

It's really nice stuff, but it gets boring and predictable after a while. It is also quite limited in terms of style. I don't see people doing liquid stuff with a Glitch on their drums.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-02-2007 13:56 Homepage of BattleDrone
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by equipped

I like Camel Phat.
It's some good shit.

Second that... Damn nice and simple.

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
20-02-2007 13:57 Homepage of BattleDrone
Soi Soi is a male
Super Moderator

images/avatars/avatar-2543.jpg

Registration Date: 29-01-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
15 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.67

New food for the cpu:
NI Massive
NI Battery 3
Kontakt2 as well ready for take off but i got so used to Reason NN-XT it's prbably gonna take a while before i get to work seriously with Kontakt2
dBGlitch is a indeed a nice tool, but you should really spend some time to get the best out of it, randomness only works for a short period of time with me, i need KONTROL.
Same thing applies for Smartelectronix Livecut, fine tool but hardly uncontrolable. But then again, bouncing comes in handy here.
Absynth's, tho it's merely using the presets + some tweaking
Z3ta+ is nice as well.

fx plugins: Psp Vintagewarmer, Izotope tools, U-he and Urs

All this with the favo tandem of Cubase Sx+Reason3 off course

__
a myspace
my tunes
"I'm not under the alkafluence of inkahol that some thinkle peep I am.
It's just the drunker I sit here the longer I get."
16-04-2007 16:43 Homepage of Soi
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

most of my shit comes from a slew of vst fx. they can make even the crappiest synth sound massive and fucked and loud and above all, REAL!

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

18-04-2007 22:02 Homepage of Halph-Price
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

Z3ta+
anything by the kiLLER camp
oddity & impOSCar
Cakewalk Rapture and LEgacy
LInplug Albino + Alpha
Arturia Jupiter 8v
Absynth 4
hydra (previously junglist)

FX:
Antress mOdern Plugs
Camel Crusher - Awesome free Distrotion
7 inch Nails - Distortion - free
bipolar - distortion - free
corrosive - distortion - free
detuna -distortion - free
TC Native Bundle 3
waves L3 - final multiband comp. Smile (nice one for sure)
all the MDA plugs
Antares Tube + Filter

these are what i use on a regular now..

oh yeah and reason..

Ableton also has a host of good effects.

yup Devil Drummer

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
19-04-2007 04:05 Homepage of Arkitekt
32skins 32skins is a male
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 12-06-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

atmosphere!! damn nice

__

21-04-2007 21:38 Homepage of 32skins
Volantiz

Registration Date: 07-06-2007

Ohforfucksake.. i just lost a whole frekkin' book here.. wrote about all the plugs i use nowadays.. and some that i don't use but that is still great.. and by some reason i wasn't logged in Shocked
Great start for me on this forum Spliff

Anyway.. to make this shorter. I've not used plugins that much actually.. still prefer to use my collection of hardware. But since last year i started to notice that there are some plugins that actually sounds too great and/or is in any other way just too good to just forget about.. especially now when i don't have a dedicated studio where i can have everything anymore. Soo, i've started to look into this whole thing and think i now bought a very nice little collection of plugs Smile
..and most of them arn't mentioned in this thread yet!? Noo

My toplist:
Fabfilter Twin <- Everyone here should really try this one out! It's cheap, it got really great filters, semimodular, easy to use and sounds really great! HIFI! Really massive sound.. i would not be surpriced if this one sounds even more massive than NI Massive (i've not tried that one yet) Big Grin

Reaktor 5 <- I bought the whole komplete4+kore-package since i've heard so damn much good things about their stuff. But i must say.. i really don't like their synthesizers.. except for this one! I love modular stuff.. and this badboy made me sell my clavia modulars Big Grin

Kontakt 2 <- This one proved to me that you can do some serious sounddesign with just a softwaresampler! Now i've started to use this one more and more as a sounddesigning tool and then move the result to my hardwaresamplers for even more processing or live-use.

Battery 3 <- Even if i got good drumsamplerthingys in digital performer.. i really like this one (but actually i still almost only use hardware drummachines for percussion.. but if i only got my music-laptop around.. i can still lay out some beats). It's so easy to use.. and it comes with a very good collection of samples! ..and some really good utils for shaping the sounds.. i like.. Drummer

Universal Audio Plate140 <- My favourite reverb!
Universal Audio RE201 <- I don't like it as much as my original.. but i tend to use this one even more 'coz it's so simple to just drag it in there.
Universal Audio Precision Limiter, 1073, Pultec, 1176LN, LA2A... .. <- i like them so much that now i'm trying to get the hardware versions of some of them too (two 1176 so far.. and now i want pultecs!) Drool

Camel Audio CamelSpace <- A collection of not that good effects in a single plug. It's definitly not the "sound" of this plug that i like.. it's more like.. when i feel i wan't to try something else i just add this plug to something and press random a couple of times.. and i almost always get inspired by something it throws out. A couple of nice plugins after this one will set everything straight Wink

FabFilter Timeless <- Experimental delays.. i love this one

FabFilter Volcano <- Theese guys knows what they are doing.. great stuff.. don't miss this one either (there is a nice bundle with the three mentioned fabfilter plugs).

Sonalksis * <- It's really nice to have a good collection of native processors for the laptop. And their gate is the best gate i've ever worked with! And their TBK's.. great stuff when you feel that a sound just isn't right.. add them and just turn the big knobs.. often something great will come out of it.
08-06-2007 12:49
Acoustiks Acoustiks is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-2700.gif

Registration Date: 28-06-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

My favorite VST's are:

Instruments:
Z3TA+ Drool
Sytrus
Albino 3 (I never use it though Doped )
SuperwaveP8

Effects:
All the FL effects.
For Distortion I use Destroyr, that VST is pretty gangstar.
18-07-2007 00:32
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
quote:
dblue glitch-by far.

It's really nice stuff, but it gets boring and predictable after a while. It is also quite limited in terms of style. I don't see people doing liquid stuff with a Glitch on their drums.

Man, allow that dumb ass plugin. Its so fkn boring sounding, anyone who has ever used it can spot it a mile away. It sounds the same all the time, and IMO that kinda ruins it all.

All the effects that it mimicks can be acheived in much better, more rewarding, and more sucessful ways. And as far as Im concerned, finding interesting and unusual ways to tweak your sounds is what production is all about. Rather than relying on a tired out free plugin perhaps you'd find things more rewarding if you developed your own techniques for acheiving glitched out sounds, something that will have people wondering how is done, rather than something which absolutely anyone can download for free and do exactly what you do.

Get yourself reaktor 5 and learn it. Much more fulfilling and way more interesting results.
18-07-2007 03:12
Halph-Price Halph-Price is a male
Zombie Algorithm

images/avatars/avatar-2869.gif

Registration Date: 22-12-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
36 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.67

in the end it doesn't matter what you use. any pro can make good sounds any a machine, if you have the basic skills and knowledge. better tools don't make better music.

__
Latest Songs of filth and taboo depravity
SpankMyFilth on SoundCloud
She's got a nasty mouth...
FREE DOWNLOADS

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Halph-Price: 18-07-2007 09:13.

18-07-2007 09:13 Homepage of Halph-Price
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

no, but better skill and technique does make better production. 2 things you arent gonna learn using bs plugins like glitch.

For me, part of production is the smoke n mirrors aspect of it. Things that people do and the sounds they get which seem so unique, interesting, and unusual. Whether its a drum edit, a synth tone, or some kinda delay trick. Its always like the icing on the cake. I get tired an bored of hearing the same old tried an tested things when there are infinite possibilities of how sounds can be created. And whether people apreciate it or not, I think every member on here is the same. I remember the whole argument that surrounded the noisia super secret bass video, and how interested everyone was about how unusual the method they where using was, genuine or otherwise. And yet I dont think that really inspired any one to to go out of their comfort zone to try anything new an unusual. Instead returning to trusty ole z3ta or whatever.

Everyone has little things that they do time an time again, a production tool kit if you like. But experimenting with technique, rather than downloading yet another plugin, seems the more logical way of expanding that tool kit.

I see it all over the place, people asking for a vst that does this, or a plugin that does that. It just kinda seems lazy to me. Its similar to an artist painting outlines on a canvas and then wanting a special tool that colours in all the gaps in one brush stroke.

Bah, all Im saying is, plugins like glitch are a pet hate of mine. You get people throwing drum tracks through them till the beat is totally fucked and chacterless, and then they take on all this attitude like they have "da skills". Go listen to go plastic and learn about real beat editing.
18-07-2007 14:07
Seven Gun Seven Gun is a male
dotbee 4eva

images/avatars/avatar-2384.jpg

Registration Date: 16-01-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.75

love this synth.

__
"When you lose, dont lose the lesson"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by Seven Gun: 16-08-2007 18:28.

16-08-2007 18:20
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

Reaktor ; junglist ; edirol hyper canvas ; rob papen blue ; juno X2 ; ravity vst (drummachine); virsyn terra ;digital exponent delta force distortion!!!!!!!!
an others i don't feel like posting Wink Big Grin

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz: 16-08-2007 19:22.

16-08-2007 19:21 Homepage of baz
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
quote:
dblue glitch-by far.

Man, allow that dumb ass plugin. Its so fkn boring sounding, anyone who has ever used it can spot it a mile away. It sounds the same all the time, and IMO that kinda ruins it all.

All the effects that it mimicks can be acheived in much better, more rewarding, and more sucessful ways. And as far as Im concerned, finding interesting and unusual ways to tweak your sounds is what production is all about. Rather than relying on a tired out free plugin perhaps you'd find things more rewarding if you developed your own techniques for acheiving glitched out sounds, something that will have people wondering how is done, rather than something which absolutely anyone can download for free and do exactly what you do.

Get yourself reaktor 5 and learn it. Much more fulfilling and way more interesting results.

-------> an this be the exact reason why i started checkin reaktor !!!! go techdiff!!!! Big Grin Big Grin

(an dbl glitch ain't free ; warez peeps is all over it Wink )

__

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by baz: 16-08-2007 19:25.

16-08-2007 19:23 Homepage of baz
baz baz is a male

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff

Bah, all Im saying is, plugins like glitch are a pet hate of mine. You get people throwing drum tracks through them till the beat is totally fucked and chacterless, and then they take on all this attitude like they have "da skills". Go listen to go plastic and learn about real beat editing.

amen to that Big Grin

__
16-08-2007 19:28 Homepage of baz
daze_DND daze_DND is a male
MYSTIC

images/avatars/avatar-2135.gif

Registration Date: 01-11-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.25

changes from time to time, but these we tend to use a lot...

Z3ta
Korg Legacy
Emu x2
Rob Papen synths

Voxengo
Psp
etc

__

info/tunes :: MySpace
01-11-2007 13:52
Pages (4): « previous 1 2 [3] 4 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Plugins » favorite vst plugins?