Go to the bottom of this page The EMO thread
Author
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Awwww. I missed this thread. Damn.

Its funny as hell how seriously people take their apperance. A hair cuts a fuckin hair cut. Get over it and get over yourself. If your the type of person who feels that your personality is so dull that you have to make up for it by getting the cool haircut then great, but Im glad Im not you.
I'm not writting to stir any shit. But I just think that people hold too much importance in apperance. If you have a particular haircut just so that you can get off with grils. Then dont be suprised if you end up with fucking annoying, shallow, idiotic bimbos. I personaly would not want to go out with someone who only likes me beacause of my haircut. I look for something a liitle more than that in people.

It pisses me off how fashion seems to seperate people. You cant be friends with someone just because they wear different clothes or listen to different music from you. Its so fucking childish. People seem to rely on fashion and music to define their personality, it seems somewhat ironic considering that half these kids get into emo fashion because it sets them out as "alternitive" and an individual. Its a load of crap IMO. Wear the clothes you feel comfortable in, listen to music you really like listening to. and be your fucking self!

I guess I have what would be called an Emo hair cut. Its a big fuckiing mess on my head! But its not as though its intentional. Its a big fucking mess because I cant be fucked to wash it, and Ive better things to spend my money on than a haircut. I cut it really short when its getting in my eyes and then just leave it till its long again.

Whatever..... This sort of thing really get on my tits. I got so much grief when I was at school because I didnt wear the same clothes as everyone else, I listened to music that I liked, and just tried to be myself. I rather put up with shit and be myself, than to lie to myself and be part of a stupid little phase. Lifes turned out good because of it, Ive good a great group of mated who are all happy to be themselves and we can agree of disagree with each other without feeling like an idiot for not going with the group concensus.

Fuck it do what you want, its nothing to do with me. I just think that rather than getting a haircut as a lure for girls, you should just be yourself, sounds cliche, but its true.

GREYONE FOR PRESIDEENT!!!!!!!!!
25-06-2006 18:10
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

sigh*
right.
I won't even start on this one.

__

25-06-2006 18:28 Homepage of Rude
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

Greyone for President!!! Big Grin

__
My Sounds
25-06-2006 20:04
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

Dressed Rinse Big Grin
25-06-2006 21:55
PassDa J. PassDa J. is a male
Sliced Slasher

images/avatars/avatar-1378.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.17

quote:
Originally posted by Rude
read the name of the thread man
it's not about being emo
it's about their hair.
Yea I know they are not so tough
and they cut themselves and shit
and they cry in dark corners blah blablah
So what? I don't cry, I don't cut, ...
And yet people think I'm an emo
Girls love them
so yea girls love skinny hippie bastards like me.

Matt out.

Yeah, please ... don't go out there and kill yourself ...

__

26-06-2006 19:20
PassDa J. PassDa J. is a male
Sliced Slasher

images/avatars/avatar-1378.jpg

Registration Date: 16-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 6.17

quote:
Originally posted by greyone

anyway i had some fun tonight:

bed+girlfriend = pleasure

greyone

Damn dude, you really like it when people know you fucked someone don't you? But you forgot something ... bed + girlfriend + 2min = pleasure

ROFL

__

26-06-2006 19:26
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

Big Grin
anyway vote for president Cool
26-06-2006 20:24
djfreemc djfreemc is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-89.jpg

Registration Date: 25-07-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
10 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.40

It's just a fashion thing, nowadays all kids want to look emo and feel down. Before that everyone needed baggy pants and a skateboard under their feet, a few years earlier everybody wanted to wear Scott jackets and listen to hardcore music, far before that it was tight stretch jeans and woodchopper shirts, and many more before, after, and in between. There's allways something on sale for the people without an own style or mind.

My advice: don't be emo, don't be stylish, don't be hardcore, don't be..., don't be anything but yourself.

__
The mysteries of the distorted snare...
Can't win if u don't play
26-06-2006 20:28 Homepage of djfreemc
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

I like baggy pants, not because of the style but because theyre much more comfortable than any other

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
27-06-2006 00:31 Homepage of cynik
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

what you wear says something about you at that moment in time, almost as much as what you say and how you say it. Like if someone wears a nazi uniform, you draw certain conclusions - extreme example. Its silly to pretend it doesn't, that you aren't trying to say anything by what you wear, excapt in a few cases.

personally, I don't have anything againts the whole emo haircut, it seems a lot better than a whole lot of trends ive seen. my younger brother has sort of one, and it does seem to gp down well with some types of girls.

where i would have a problem, is with people posting numerous pictures of themselves on the internet complete with comments like " i like this photo o f me a lot", or "here's one of me of me with a new trim, im really feeling this one": pictures form loads of different crazy angles, with different expressions, some in black and white, others in sepia or whatever the fuck. Thats when ytou know ytou are dealing with a dickhead who loves himself way too much.

fuck greyone for president. me with my infinite and condicending wisdom for president. you see my avatar motherfuckers. that is a metaphor of me, in full tuxedo glory, staring down from my perch of enlightenment into your shitty abyss of ingnorance. look on my works ye mighty, and despair!

Wink
27-06-2006 05:22
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

ROFL Censored ROFL

__
My Sounds
27-06-2006 09:14
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

so what am I trying to say when I wear t-shirt and shorts?

__

27-06-2006 10:04
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

ok ok , to start , its not only about the emo haircut
fuck do i care , its just funny istn it (imo ofcourse)
Ill change the threatname in a more apliable name.
I wear baggy pants too , just like cynik because its damn comfortable .
in fact my clothes are sumting between a skater and normal person Big Grin , so i just wear comfortable clothes not because i wanna express something with it.
or maybe i'm expressing my chillness and lazyness with it by my subconscience.
Ok , why do you think i started this threat ? to shitload the emo-people , naaah , just to see people's their reaction on it.
and the reactions were just like i thought there would be.
I heard the emo-people or whoever i should call them were strongly hated by the Hardcorescene (with the guitars) because they seem to fuck up the image of the scene with there fashion and self-love-hatred doings.
Greyone for president is what i'd like to call self-advertisement , you have to stand up for your rights and show them you're there too. So here i am !
Or you can take it as a joke , cause thats what it realy stands for.
Ok that were my 5 pennies on this one.
Enjoy reading and i hope you'll vistit my space once.
Devil
27-06-2006 11:43
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Its hot outside?
27-06-2006 11:44
TechDiff

Helpfulness rating: 

Slightly off topic, But what really makes me laugh/cringe is the jeans that you can buy when they've got paint on them and rips and stuff. WTF!!??!!?!

I dunno if its just me, but I live in jeans. Theyre like an extension of my body. They always get ripped and dirty/stained, but it doesnt bother me. Every rip has a story, its like scars on my body. Each one is a reminder of an event. A lot of them are from stacking on my bike at the local trails, but its cool to be able to go, "That rip there is when I went A over T trying to tabletop the doubles" or whatever. But to buy a pair of jeans, with rips already in them, which have probably been put there by some ripping/paint-throwing machine. What is the point? I guess it isnt so bad if some people are painting and ripping their jeans on purpose when they buy them, (still seems pretty daft). But I cant help but think its just another thing when the fashion industry picks up on something that some people do and attempt to make it fashionable. I expect its the same with a lot of people, Ive got jeans which have paint and rips on them from throwing myself around on my bike (and without my bike) and from painting on walls (totaly legaly of course.....ahem.) I've been like that for years, and will be like that for years to come, Im not trying to make a fashion statement or trying to say something like broadside said. It just that painting and riding are 2 things I like doing and my clothes suffer from it. Yet somehow that has become fashionable. Hell, Im a musicain too and have bad tinnitus. Its that gonna become fashion soon too?

Anyway, sorry random rant. Im smiley and happy now.
27-06-2006 12:03
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

quote:
Originally posted by TechDiff
Its hot outside?

indeed Smile that sais a lot about me.. ! that bloody guy doesn't like hot weather lol

__

27-06-2006 20:18
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:
Originally posted by djfreemc
It's just a fashion thing, nowadays all kids want to look emo and feel down.

The only reason I'm feeling down is because I have an upset stomach

__

27-06-2006 21:18 Homepage of Rude
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
so what am I trying to say when I wear t-shirt and shorts?

depends what t shirt and which shorts innit Big Grin
27-06-2006 22:33
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
Originally posted by PassDa J.
Damn dude, you really like it when people know you fucked someone don't you? But you forgot something ... bed + girlfriend + 2min = pleasure

ROFL

That's so mean... and so right on point.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
27-06-2006 22:37 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Master Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
Originally posted by PassDa J.

ROFL

That's so mean... and so right on point.

thats not mean Roll Eyes
but i dont give a damn about the 2min Wink , by the way thats offtopic.
Big Grin
start a new thread about the subject.
28-06-2006 01:17
Pages (3): « previous 1 [2] 3 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » The EMO thread