Go to the bottom of this page Site activity
Author
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2715.jpg

Registration Date: 25-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.27

Activity on the site seems really, really low at the moment.... Frown

When the new server is up & running are we able to do a mailshot to all members with an email address registered?
23-05-2006 15:08
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

Yep, it is.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

23-05-2006 16:54 Homepage of Surya
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

Defo. Unfortunately, I cant think what can be done to revive things a bit.

What I dont get is that everyone on this site is super friendly, Admitadly Ive got crossed wires with a couple people from time to time, but compared to most other forums this place is really chilled out and friendly.

Prehaps is a little to tight-knit, Fpr a newby it might feel difficult to settle in. Although that said, I felt pretty much comfy as soon as I'd signed up.

I dunno, maybe its just that people arent feeling a lot of DnB as much as they used to.
23-05-2006 17:39
jemone jemone is a male
Sponsor

images/avatars/avatar-2132.jpg

Registration Date: 01-02-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

yeah i noticed its slow too, im relativley new on here about 5 months, and i must say i was made to feel welcome, and i have made some great close friends, so big up the .be.
i personally am concentrating on my dj ing more and more as things seem to be progressing in that department, but i also still produce, im just having a slow period at the moment nad trying to fit everything in can be hard.
i agree we need somthing to boost the moral on here, maybe you could sort out another q and a session, that always seems to be a big winner.
anyway hope we can push things forward, and hope i have the time to land a new tune here soon, untill then if you cant bare to be away from me Big Grin , you can catch my show on www.unitednbradio.co.uk at 7pm gmt uk thursdays, and somtime other days, ill have a list of set times on http://www.myspace.com/jem1ism soon, so keep an eye out, come join the mash up, more the merryier Drummer Big Grin
peace
jem-one....unite family.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by jemone: 23-05-2006 17:54.

23-05-2006 17:51
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yeah its slow and alot more quieter due to the current server problems.
the chron is very forthcoming with information on how the savings are coming on and posted pics of the barebone case etc, he's alwayz happy to reply to my pm's regarding this matter.

for me even with taking the server problem into account there is still nowhere i'd rather be on the net for hearing new tunes and having production questions answered about drumnbass.

there is some mad talent on this site and although its obvious most peeps have their roots elsewhere nowadays i still get the same good feeling as i did a couple years back when getting honest feedback on my tunes.

havent been to DOA for months and months.

even though this place is alot slower shout outs to jemone and cynik who seem to never fail in reviewing tunes which for me is half of what its all about here
im sure ive missed a few names there (forgive me)

as alwayz praying that this place will be up on its feet again soon, and when it is i'll be telling everyone and shouting it from the rooftops. coz when i found this place over a couple of years back it has played a huge part in geting me into the studio an makin some beatz

respect to all headz here

peace

G

__
My Sounds
23-05-2006 18:28
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

just logged in today

quote:
Users Online: 5
There are 2 members and 3 guests browsing the forums.

myself, crushfuck and 3 guests, can't remember when the figure was that low, in the coffebreak - creeping time of day

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
24-05-2006 11:58 Homepage of cynik
yoeri yoeri is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1620.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

will the activity really go up that much when the new server arrives? i dont know, partly cause i wasnt here yet when there were no problems
what can we do when weve got the new server?

i guess we need more spammers, im more of a reader than a poster so...

plus nobody wants to give me helpfulness ratings Frown
24-05-2006 14:10
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by cynik
just logged in today

quote:
Users Online: 5
There are 2 members and 3 guests browsing the forums.

myself, crushfuck and 3 guests, can't remember when the figure was that low, in the coffebreak - creeping time of day

lol true man, 10am coffee and creepin...there was always loadsa peeps online.

quote:
Originally posted by yoeri
will the activity really go up that much when the new server arrives?

I think when we have the track downloads and uploads back (that was one of the main attractions of the site), we'll see noticable increase in site activity.
24-05-2006 15:18
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

the number of visitors has declined over 30% over the past 3 months Frown

I'm not going to be online much for the coming weeks, I am moving to a new house and am packing all my stuff in boxes etc, also have 15 gigs up in the next three weeks and will spend my days off UNpacking the boxes again Big Grin

I still have a couple of nasty bills to pay but after that I will fund the rest of the components of the server myself and put it together. It's been sitting here for a long time now, I want to get it up and running and stack it in the redbus data center in amsterdam asap!!

I suppose when the track uploads are back many people will come and visit more often, and new members will arrive too, since that has been drying up too lately...

Looking at the statistics the summer months (may-september) are always quiet, but not as quiet as they are now. It's very shitty since the site has been growing and growing steadily over the past years and since the server broke down it is much less popular.

Maybe dnb as a music style is becoming less popular too, but I think the problem is 90% with the server...

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
24-05-2006 17:45 Homepage of thechronic
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

I don't like seeing dnb.be going downhill, I'd like to help but I'm afraid I can't afford to donate anything atm as I'm studying and I am not working :/ It's the common sinus, when people goes quiet it makes more people to go quiet as well, and the opposite when people are active it draws more attention. Maybe
some new visual design of forums could help a bit also. I'm quite active around doa nowadays the grid is pretty safe place to be and I haven't met any dickheads there yet. It was sad to see dnbscene.com die so I hope it won't be the case here as well, i bid chronic and his gang good luck Smile

__

24-05-2006 18:41
yoeri yoeri is a male
Cool Steppa

images/avatars/avatar-1620.jpg

Registration Date: 27-08-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
2 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

lol @ helpfulness ratings now Big Grin whining works!

anyway, i spend more time at breakz too, but mostly cause theyre more active....
but if you compare breakz with dnb.be...
breakz has whiners and ppl who think they know best, so a lot of posts are from ppl saying a tune sucks or rocks, and they keep posting and having fights about it, and in the end the result is always the same: taste differs
but they have really active users, ppl posting new tunes and mixes, sets etc....so yes i guess the new server should attract more members and activity Smile
this forum is much more cosy, cause its small

if you look at our Record: 448 users on 18-06-2005 16:46. a lot has happened in a year!

so to summarise: go new server!
24-05-2006 21:09
Yawn Yawn is a male
Sponsor

Helpfulness rating: 

New server + mailshot was good idea, site activity seems a lot better now - loads of peeps be creepin!

Bigup Listen Banana
22-08-2006 15:43
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

creeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeepieeeeeeeeeeeennnnnnnnnnnn

Big Grin

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
22-08-2006 15:44 Homepage of cynik
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by yoeri
if you look at our Record: 448 users on 18-06-2005 16:46. a lot has happened in a year!

That was a one off event, it was either caused by a popular site linking a news item or something to us causing a massive amount of guest visits that day, or maybe a search engine or another crawler gone haywire.

Anyway it is nice to see more people on the site again, there is always lots of new stuff to read every time I log on Bigup

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
22-08-2006 15:47 Homepage of thechronic
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

yeah also noticed lot's of new peep's,. Big Grin "Welcome" Big Grin ,...you can't beat the amount and quality of review's on DnB.be...this site help's big time.

__
Space
22-08-2006 21:00
Glim Glim is a male
Stuck In The Late Nineties

Registration Date: 16-10-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
12 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.17

yeah i got my internet connection in my new place now so i'll be around here once again which is cool.

lots a new faces here, which is also good as this place kick ass in giving producers support, does exactly what it says on the tin imo...

welcome newbies an let the tunes keep rollin in.

peace

__
My Sounds
27-08-2006 06:32
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Site activity