drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Hostel
Go to the bottom of this page Hostel
Author
mentalist

images/avatars/avatar-1818.jpg

Registration Date: 17-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.50

Well I just saw this (fairly) fucked up film called Hostel, about a place on the continent where you could just go and slash people up and take their eyes out etc for 10 grand a go, and to be honest I immediately thought of you guys - there are a quite a few eastern europeans knocking around here no? I mean the film was a total extollation for communism, who were clearly just trying to make you less of a bunch of vampiric paedo weirdo cunts and help you achieve something Big Grin just joking Big Grin

but on a real first off, any1 seen this film - its presented by Quentin Tarantino - and what do you think? and secondly, anyone repping places like Bratislava and that here? I mean i was impressed by what an unmitigated shithole it was presented as in the film - and the amusing thing is the director apologised to iceland for the portrayal of one of the tourists but didnt even say sorry fto poor old slovakia or slovenia or wherever . . . ANYWAY cant think this films gonna do much good for the tourism industry there, and apparently Wolf Creek - another good horror film - really worried teh tourist board in australia . . . having said that i found a filma bout modern day eastern europe interesting - however ridiculous - and would be interested to see oothers - it seems like a mad place. Plus when you think about it, theres been a spate of films about nazis and the holocaust like schindlers list etc etc but ive never seen a good ( or any) one about life under the reds. Sorry, late night, much d4rink hence much rambling, but anyones seen this film like to comment, or igf ytour from some f'd up place like transulvania, let us have the real story? Confused Big Grin Huh Tongue Evil Tongue
29-04-2006 05:41
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I've only seen the first 5 minutes and I wondered why anywone not speaking English speaks GERMAN, while they're supposed to be in Amsterdam, where they speak DUTCH Huh

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-04-2006 09:29 Homepage of Surya
B-complex B-complex is a male
Wicked Producer

images/avatars/avatar-581.jpg

Registration Date: 07-04-2004

Helpfulness rating: 
8 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.13

I am living in Bratislava mate, I am driving tank instead of the car and I must push away whores every time I want to go to my job - stealing and raping innocent tourists... Yeah times are bad so when we have nothing to eat we eat the weakest one in our family, you'd be surprised how human flesh can taste with just a little bit of ketchup.

But on a serious note, hostel is one big piece of shit, it wasn't even filmed here, Tarantino didn't really direct the film just his name was used for promotion, producers of the film had to apologise to slovakia for the crapness, and nobody here can't see the "horror" film without constant laughing on the idiocy of the theme. It shows american ignorance which they are famous for.

Actually it's rather surprising how low is the knowledge of the european countries even in the europe itself, for example not a long time ago I've read a thread on DOA about aids spreading in south london, they blamed eastern european immigrants because they are orthodox christians who don't use anticonception.

When I was 12 years old we went to england for an english study trip. People there treated us like Neanderthals, ... look this is a -REMOTE CONTROLER!!- you can use it for turning tv on!..

ffs we are in european union now, we may be poor comparing to eu standards but our economy is the fastest growing economy in the region (6% per year) I dare to say that our level of education is higher than avarage, or it is at least from my experience. Comparing to USA we at least have some history, which reminds me - ... do you know what is the difference between USA and milk? .. if you leave both for several years , milk at least developes some culture Wink .. No offense ment to americans, I know there are many great people there, I am not pretending I know much about Iowa or South Carolina etc but ignorant acts like this film or current politics of the states makes me puke.

anyway here are some photos from Bratislava if anybody is interested to see them Smile Photos

__

29-04-2006 09:34
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

* CLAPS *

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
29-04-2006 09:51 Homepage of cynik
equipped equipped is a male
tired

images/avatars/avatar-2339.jpg

Registration Date: 20-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
22 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.23

is this flick on dvd?

__
Space
29-04-2006 09:55
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

btw Bratislava looks like a place id like to check out someday,...fuckn chilled to the max. Spliff ,...looked at link pics Wink

__
Space

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by equipped: 29-04-2006 09:58.

29-04-2006 09:57
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by equipped
btw Bratislava looks like a place id like to check out someday,...fuckn chilled to the max. Spliff ,...looked at link pics Wink

let me know when you're here bro, I know about a hostel where the women are all incredibly hot and have a taste for American men. Drummer [actually the one about hot women is true though] Would be nice to show you some nice places here xD

__

29-04-2006 10:37
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

Drummer ,.right on B-Complex,..you no that shit would be goin down! Drummer

__
Space
29-04-2006 10:47
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

gettin my scottish ass all excited n shit.

__
Space
29-04-2006 10:51
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by B-complex
I am living in Bratislava mate, I am driving tank instead of the car and I must push away whores every time I want to go to my job - stealing and raping innocent tourists

Hihi what a life!

btw i hope it was clear from my post that i wasn't exactly convinced of the films documentary status either. i only posted cos i was a bit drunk and i thought you guys would have some strong opinions on it. ill try to stop being ignorant. still though, despite the fact that its kind of a bit harsh on eastern europe, its not bad for a horror, film, tho in retrospect no way near as good as Wolf Creek which i saw recently also. equipped dont think its on dvd yet, think my mate downloaded it.

my parents went to yugoslavia and places like that back in the day, and they said that its some of the most beautiful towns and countryside theyve ever seen, tho some of it got well fucked by the happenings of the twentieth century, and ive got a mate from croatia and hes shown me some photos that are pretty stunning . . . in fact, im begining to think i might prefer to live in some decadent, faded civilisation like russia or italy than in a country that is on top of its game economically, but with little history and pretty culturally bankrupt like mundane britain or america or china.

btw, Tarantino apparently had a closer involvement in the film than has been let on - i dunno why everyone rates tarantino so highly, kill bill was just a crock of shit when you think about it. apparently they heard about a place in thailand or somne south east asian place where people with terminal illnesses or in utter poverty allowed people to kill them for 20 grand or something, and give the money to their families.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by broadside: 29-04-2006 15:46.

29-04-2006 15:40
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

quote:
Originally posted by Surya
I've only seen the first 5 minutes and I wondered why anywone not speaking English speaks GERMAN, while they're supposed to be in Amsterdam, where they speak DUTCH Huh

idd wtf Huh

I really had a great laugh with hostel Big Grin

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
29-04-2006 16:19 Homepage of Friscko
Rude Rude is a male
I'm gonna get you

images/avatars/avatar-2314.jpg

Registration Date: 06-01-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
25 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

quote:

Hahaha watch "EUROTRIP"
awesome movie
"do you know if there's a train to berlin coming soon?"
"ohh yes very soon. They are building it right now"
+ absinth hahaha ROFL

__

30-04-2006 14:42 Homepage of Rude
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

If you commin in Former Yougoslavia countries, make sure you come in The Country Formerly Known as The Former Yougoslav Republic of Macedonia (Tcfktfyrom) or simply Macedonia.

You shall see the beautiful countryside here, promised!

Just write a PM and I'll meet you up Big Grin

oh yeah, and we don't drive tanks instead of cars, like in Bratislava Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
30-04-2006 22:38 Homepage of Muad'Dib
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

yeah and kids receive driving license in the age of 5

__

30-04-2006 23:10
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

allright everyone relax,..i can feel the tension in this thread.

__
Space
01-05-2006 03:22
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:

or you just don't get the dry sense of humor Smile

__

01-05-2006 10:31
Wicked Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Rude
quote:

Hahaha watch "EUROTRIP"
awesome movie
"do you know if there's a train to berlin coming soon?"
"ohh yes very soon. They are building it right now"
+ absinth hahaha ROFL

Man you have no idea what kind of laugh we had after seeing that film, the funniest and saddest thing was how they showed bratislava as a ghetto but then they went into the club which was better than anything you can see here lol Smile Anyway that movie was actually quite funny and good to see.
[like manchester united fans from london Smile ]

__

01-05-2006 10:34
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

quote:
quote:

Exactly Big Grin

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
01-05-2006 11:37 Homepage of Muad'Dib
broadside broadside is a male
mentalist

Helpfulness rating: 

anyway its not like eastern europe is the only place to get competely demolished and character assassinated in shitty movies. london gets a lot of films which make you fucking wince in embarrasment, and give us a bad name to the rest of the country.

im thinking about "green street" here, as the most recent shocker. it was done by a german woman - obviously the perfect director for a film about london hooliganism (which is shockingly dead by the way compared to just about anywhere - hats off to italy in that respect, how do the fuckers smuggle whole mopeds throught the turnstiles to throw about in the stadium in the first place?). that film is so bad, hard to know what is worse, the shocking mockney accent of the lead badboy, or frodo of the shire of the lord of the rings singing, in poignant tones "im forever blowing bubbles". (who's bubbles then?)

risible movie. so dont feel too sorry for yourselves guys, cos after all id much rather be known as a whore fucking, tank driving (great pics btw), blood drinking, tourist slaying eastern european sicko, than some pussy ratfaced chav, who thinks hes a blood or a crip or something just because he goies to football matches and pubs and has the odd fight.

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by broadside: 02-05-2006 00:56.

02-05-2006 00:56
tired

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
quote:
quote:

Exactly Big Grin
sorry. Smile

__
Space
02-05-2006 02:10
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Hostel