drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Uploaded track not recognized as an MP3 file
Go to the bottom of this page Uploaded track not recognized as an MP3 file
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

I reported the bug to the developers of Firefox, report here.

Someone else already reported it in august 2005, so I don't suppose it will be fixed soon Frown

For now I'm going to adjust the upload script for Firefox users and ignore the MIME type for them.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
24-09-2006 23:53 Homepage of thechronic
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

OK I have recoded the MIME type check for firefox users and put in another check if the file is actually an MP3 file and not e.g. a renamed .ogg file or something else.

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
25-09-2006 00:42 Homepage of thechronic
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

well chron, im sorted,. but i had to set VLC media player (video player) as my default mp3 player, but it worked and i was able to upload my tune. thx for your diligence,

__

MuZIK
25-09-2006 01:23 Homepage of BeatJunkie
rodi
Cool Producer

Registration Date: 25-03-2007

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.00

can't upload a tune ....
I've checked , its MP3 -> MP3 File
dunno whats wrong

__
www.myspace.com/soundofrodi
17-06-2007 10:49 Homepage of rodi
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

hey rodi,

can you please give the following info:
  • the MIME type that is shown in the error message in the producers page
  • your browser's user agent string (eg 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7' - See this site if you don't know it)
  • the name and version number of your MP3 encoder (=the program you use to convert your track to MP3 format)
  • the name and version number of your default MP3 player (= the program that pops up when you double click on an MP3 file)

__
17-06-2007 18:01 Homepage of thechronic
rodi
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

sure i can Big Grin
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 Windows XP
- FL Studio 6
- Winamp 5.35

__
17-06-2007 22:51 Homepage of rodi
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

and what happens if you try to upload? never had any problems with IE before

__
17-06-2007 23:27 Homepage of thechronic
rodi
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

It's uploading ... and then when its supposed to be finished it tells me that format is unrecognized ( not MP3 ) i've checked the url which was written to solve my problem and everythings correct there Big Grin

__
18-06-2007 09:45 Homepage of rodi
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

What is the correct error message? Sorry for the trouble, but this mp3 recognizing function is kind of complex Big Grin

Does it say:
1. The uploaded track is not recognized as an MP3 file. The mime type of your file is: [MIME TYPE]. For more info please read this thread.
2. Error: The file is not recognised as an MP3 file. It seems like you uploaded a [FILEFORMAT] file!
3. Error: The file is not recognised as an MP3 file. It seems like you uploaded the wrong file...

plx Big Grin

__
18-06-2007 12:14 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by rodi
[...] i've checked the url which was written [...]

ah ok nvm I know which one it is now My Mistake

If you tell me the MIME TYPE which is mentioned in the error message I can fix it very easily, just have to add your MIME type to the script.

__
18-06-2007 12:15 Homepage of thechronic
rodi
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

*Filename: The uploaded track is not recognized as an MP3 file. The mime type of your file is: а. For more info please read this thread.

__
18-06-2007 13:32 Homepage of rodi
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

ooh not so easy to fix Shocked

Seems like you use a cyrillian version of windows or something, i will have to do some investigating to fix this

__
19-06-2007 01:46 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Try setting the character encoding (Internet Explorer 6: menu: view > encoding) to 'western european' and try again.

I think the problem is with the settings of the character encoding. Your browser might be set to UTF-8 or something else. The site is served in Western European (ISO-8859-1)

__
19-06-2007 01:53 Homepage of thechronic
rodi
Cool Producer

Helpfulness rating: 

i have (Western European (windows) )

__
19-06-2007 17:29 Homepage of rodi
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

For one or another reason your version of IE does not provide the correct MIME type. There's nothing much I can do about it. Can you think of anything you have changed on your computer since the last time you uploaded?
Especially things like installing or updating media players.

Winamp is a piece of shit btw, the problem might very well be caused by it. It messes with stuff in Windows it should not mess with. Some people could fix their uploads by
  • uninstalling winamp
  • installing VLC media player
  • making VLC media player the default player for MP3 files

or you could try Windows Media Player instead of VLC. This does not work in all cases though, uninstalling winamp does not magically 'repair' your system unfortunately. It seems that installing VLC fixes the stuff that has been broken by winamp.

If you want to keep winamp:
Make sure you update everything. The updates for windows XP Service Pack 2 fix a couple of MIME bugs. (see here)
Try updating to Internet Explorer 7 too, since IE6 is now outdated.

You could also try to use a different browser, especially Firefox since the MIME checks in the upload page have been relaxed for firefox (necessary because of a bug in the handling of mp3 uploads in FF). Using firefox would fix your uploads 99% sure.

If you can fix it, please post your solution here!!

__
19-06-2007 17:46 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (2): « previous 1 [2]
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Uploaded track not recognized as an MP3 file