drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Uploaded track not recognized as an MP3 file
Go to the bottom of this page Uploaded track not recognized as an MP3 file
Author
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

Here is a solution if you try to upload an MP3 to the site but you get the error message 'The uploaded track is not recognized as an MP3 file. The mime type of your file is: ...'.

quote:
To: thechronic

hi again, tried uploading an updated version of my LSD today, it said it didnt recognize it as an mp3 again...

quote:
To: Glim

Hi, this is a configuration problem on your computer. You have probably installed a beta version of an audio player or something similar.

If you use Windows XP you can fix the problem by following the instructions here:
http://www.betterpropaganda.com/help.asp#default_player
Just set you default player for MP3 files to Windows Media Player and it will work fine.

These are excerpts of PMs sent between Glim and me. I'll turn this into a proper article when I have some time for it Wink

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
22-04-2006 12:06 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

I just can't seem to upload my new track. I've done the same as always: same MP3 encoder, inserted ID3 tags with Winamp. The file is about 5MB, but each time after uploading is sez no file was uploaded or the file was too big. Tried both FF and IE...

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

27-04-2006 16:10 Homepage of Surya
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I have made some changes to the code to adapt it to the current server and restricted uploads so it's possible it is broken. Can you put the MP3 on the FTP so I can do some tests?

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
28-04-2006 01:13 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I've noticed some permissions were not correctly set, can you try if it works now?

__
28-04-2006 01:43 Homepage of thechronic
Surya Surya is a male
The Robot

images/avatars/avatar-1127.gif

Registration Date: 04-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
44 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.27

When uploading with the MIME is recognised as aplication/blahblah, in IE it works.

__
"In dnb you should make people jump not swim"
- Pieter Frenssen 2004

29-05-2006 10:00 Homepage of Surya
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I'll have to check this later, I'm going to pack up my computer now, I'll get an internet connection in my new home on thursday.

__
29-05-2006 12:16 Homepage of thechronic
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
I'll have to check this later, I'm going to pack up my computer now, I'll get an internet connection in my new home on thursday.

i don't know if u looked for this already ; but it still don't work Frown

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
02-09-2006 00:55 Homepage of baz
BeatJunkie BeatJunkie is a male
Cool Producer

images/avatars/avatar-1730.gif

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

doesnt work for me either

__

MuZIK
13-09-2006 14:50 Homepage of BeatJunkie
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Have you checked that article listed in the first post? Other people can upload without trouble, so it's probably a configuration error on your PC.

__
13-09-2006 15:28 Homepage of thechronic
D2o D2o is a male
Ghost

images/avatars/avatar-1834.gif

Registration Date: 30-05-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.74

i cant upload either.

followed instructions on that page

still no luck Frown

__
WWW.SOUNDCLOUD.COM/VOLATILE-PSYCLE

14-09-2006 17:03 Homepage of D2o
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I'll look into it tomorrow morning.

__
15-09-2006 00:23 Homepage of thechronic
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

I've tested it again with IE6 and Firefox. It works just fine here.

There is an error message shown after uploading which tells your MIME type, I need to know that! I also need to know your browser version, your MP3 encoder version and your default player version.

If you can tell me this I can program a workaround for it and you can upload again Smile

Please provide me with the following info:
  • the MIME type that is shown in the error message in the producers page
  • your browser's user agent string (eg 'Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7' - See this site if you don't know it)
  • the name and version number of your MP3 encoder (=the program you use to convert your track to MP3 format)
  • the name and version number of your default MP3 player (= the program that pops up when you double click on an MP3 file)

__
15-09-2006 11:33 Homepage of thechronic
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

working!Bigup

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
22-09-2006 14:38 Homepage of baz
Arkitekt Arkitekt is a male
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Registration Date: 13-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
11 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.82

I tried the first post sugesstions..

im using
MIME ERROR : Text/html error
Windows XP SP 2
Winamp 5.29
STRING:

• Firefox 1.5.0.7 • Windows XP •

User agent string presented by your browser was:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.7) Gecko/20060909 Firefox/1.5.0.7

This data along with your hostname was recorded in our database and will help us in developement.

If identification was incorrect you may use this form to contact author.

To download Web Browser Identifier v0.4, please click here.

MD5 checksum for current release: 920eef8d9b54d1ea432585b34d2d33fc

License: free for non-commercial use

RAZORlame 1.1.5

let me know what else you need

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
23-09-2006 01:18 Homepage of Arkitekt
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

Your browser is sending the MP3 file as a HTML text file, that's why it is not being accepted. Firefox gets this information from the file associations, so it is probably being screwed over by Winamp.

Try following the instructions in the first post and set your default type to Windows Media Player instead of Winamp.

__
23-09-2006 02:02 Homepage of thechronic
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Your browser is sending the MP3 file as a HTML text file, that's why it is not being accepted. Firefox gets this information from the file associations, so it is probably being screwed over by Winamp.

Try following the instructions in the first post and set your default type to Windows Media Player instead of Winamp.

just tred that and i got the same thing... maybe i try IE??

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
23-09-2006 12:38 Homepage of Arkitekt
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
quote:

Gosh I'm really at loss about what you can do, I was looking up some more info about it and some people suggested to delve into regedit and adjust the settings there manually. I couldn't find a step by step guide for it though and it is not really recommended unless you really know what you're doing in there.

Maybe IE works? Maybe give it a try. If you would find a solution I'd love to hear about it!

__
24-09-2006 03:59 Homepage of thechronic
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Arkitekt
quote:

Gosh I'm really at loss about what you can do, I was looking up some more info about it and some people suggested to delve into regedit and adjust the settings there manually. I couldn't find a step by step guide for it though and it is not really recommended unless you really know what you're doing in there.

Maybe IE works? Maybe give it a try. If you would find a solution I'd love to hear about it!

well im trying IE now.. and no im not going to use a regeditor cause like you said ytou neeed to know what you are doing,.... and i dont .. Frown

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
24-09-2006 06:00 Homepage of Arkitekt
Brain Fried Amen Bastard

Helpfulness rating: 

IE works! thanks chronic.. Smile

__
VIRB

DARKLAND144
DARKLAND115
24-09-2006 06:05 Homepage of Arkitekt
admin

Helpfulness rating: 

OK I found out some more, Winamp messes up the file associations, probably by renaming MP3 files to 'Winamp Media File'. I suppose Firefox does not recognize this as being an MP3 file.

There are two solutions:
- uninstall Winamp
- use Internet Explorer to do the file uploads

I'm going to post this problem to both the Firefox and Winamp message boards, after I did some testing myself.

__
24-09-2006 22:59 Homepage of thechronic
Pages (2): [1] 2 next »
drumnbass.be forum » Urban area » Bug reports & suggestions » Uploaded track not recognized as an MP3 file