drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » MIDI keyboard record
Go to the bottom of this page MIDI keyboard record
Author

Registration Date: 22-04-2006

Hi, new here.

I recently bought FLstudio (6) Fluity Loop edition, got MIDI - USB cord (MIDIsport Uno to be specific), connected to PC, and got it working on FLstudio so that whenever I press a key on the keyboard it recognizes on FLstudio and plays that note on FLKeys etc..

Now how do I record what I play on the keyboard in real time rather than to seek out the keys and put in the notes manually in Piano Roll?

Please help.
22-04-2006 05:32
Muad'Dib Muad'Dib is a male
Andrejnalin

images/avatars/avatar-2169.jpg

Registration Date: 02-12-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
18 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.50

You have a little button on the right of the [PLAY] button. It says [Record]. Select the channel in which you want to record your notes, press the button (or press R on your keyboard) and record away!

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

http://affiliate.image-line.com/BADEBDG473

There is no such thing without its opposite
-Bene Gesserit
22-04-2006 13:58 Homepage of Muad'Dib
ENZYME

quote:
Originally posted by Muad'Dib
You have a little button on the right of the [PLAY] button. It says [Record]. Select the channel in which you want to record your notes, press the button (or press R on your keyboard) and record away!

Thanks, but that didn't turn out the way I hoped.

How do I make it apear on the Piano Roll rather than just on that 16 beat boxes (I'll post image if you don't know what I mean)? It seems it can't record more than 1 note at once.
23-04-2006 06:41
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Well, I guess your problem is that FL studio doesn't recognis the keyboard properly. Try setting it up in the MIDI settings there.

Go options -> midi settings.

__
Thinking about becoming an Image-Line/FL Studio customer? Want a 10% reduction in price? Use this affiliate link:

-Bene Gesserit
23-04-2006 13:37 Homepage of Muad'Dib
ENZYME

It's working now, thanks!
24-04-2006 02:05
Andrejnalin

Helpfulness rating: 

Bigup

__

-Bene Gesserit
24-04-2006 02:16 Homepage of Muad'Dib
drumnbass.be forum » Production » Software » Fruity Loops - FL Studio » MIDI keyboard record