drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Demo...
Go to the bottom of this page Demo...
Author
Easy Player

images/avatars/avatar-271.gif

Registration Date: 28-04-2003

Helpfulness rating: 
6 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.83

Not exactly the demo you guys are used to - but the it's from the "demo scene". I'm just back from a demo-party in germany (breakpoint).
Not gonna explain exactly what the demo-scene is - and what the purpose is - basicly it's "computer art" - which includes realtime computer graphics, prerendered computer graphics, computer animation, drawing, electronic music, ...

Basicly there are contests in different categories and this was the winner for the PC-demo - thought you guys might be interested Smile

Deities - mfx

Please note - you need a rather up-to-date pc & graphics card to run it - it's rather heavy Smile It'll give an error like "Your display adapter has only 2 multitexturing units, and 4 is needed" when your graphics cards isn't good enough sufficient. These demo's tend to push the current hardware to it's limits...

[edit]

If you have a pc with less grunt, just to give you an idea what a "demo" is, check out this-one. It's is limited in total size though - it is the winner for the PC 4k contest (which is - code + gfx + music in maximum 4kb - or just 4096 characters):

kakiarts - origami

All demo's can be downloaded here - though there are only a few real good-ones this year, so check out the results before downloading Wink Also - I recommend you only to download PC stuff. Amiga & C64 stuff doesn't run on your pc Wink

__
Sleep is a poor substitute for coffee

This post has been edited 3 time(s), it was last edited by KoFFiE: 18-04-2006 14:26.

18-04-2006 14:16 Homepage of KoFFiE
cynik cynik is a male
Cp6uja

Registration Date: 15-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
49 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.86

cool, gonna check that out for sure. I used to visit a couple of those computer-art contests over here back, I remember all sorts of crazy categories f.e. 64kb category where the contestants had to fit the entire demo with music in 64kb

__
https://soundcloud.com/tsai-vidro-voves
18-04-2006 14:30 Homepage of cynik
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

Cool!

I used to be really really deep into the demo scene some years ago (mainly on Commodore 64 and Amiga). Have made some worldwide friends through this. I travelled around europe with some friends visiting these parties (back then called copy-parties :-) ) always staying at some freaks' parents house.

You are right when you say it's a form of art.

Nice to hear that the demo scene is still alive in the Playstation age. Big Grin

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
18-04-2006 14:31 Homepage of BattleDrone
Greyone Greyone is a male
Master Producer

images/avatars/avatar-3078.jpg

Registration Date: 01-04-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
20 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.10

awesome video

Pleased
18-04-2006 23:59
thechronic thechronic is a male
admin

images/avatars/avatar-2146.jpg

Registration Date: 01-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
38 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.68

quote:
Originally posted by BattleDrone
Cool!

I used to be really really deep into the demo scene some years ago (mainly on Commodore 64 and Amiga). Have made some worldwide friends through this. I travelled around europe with some friends visiting these parties (back then called copy-parties :-) ) always staying at some freaks' parents house.

Nice to hear that the demo scene is still alive in the Playstation age. Big Grin

LOL me too! The good old days: BBSes, first releases, disk swapping, votesheets and disk mags Pleased

Nice that this scene is still alive, even for the C64!! Shocked

BTW look at this Huh

__
If you find spam on the site, please hit the button and select my name. I'll personally kick it to the murky depths of hell where it belongs! Devil
19-04-2006 10:51 Homepage of thechronic
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
Originally posted by thechronic
quote:
Cool!

LOL me too! The good old days: BBSes, first releases, disk swapping, votesheets and disk mags Pleased

BTW look at this Huh

Dude, In that pic you look well like Jason Newsted from Metallica (back in the day!) LOL.

This demo thing is really cool, Ive vever heard of it before but its really interesting to see what people are doing with visuals. Its a shame cause my web PC has a piss poor graphics card so I can only watch some of them but really cool none the less. Gotta get over to my mates house since he's well into his PC games and has a shit hot card, these will work a treat on that (I hope). The only thing Im not so keen on is the music used in a lot of them, well tacky. I wonder if theres a big scene of this stuff in London. It'd be cool to do a collab with these guys for a club night. hmmmmm......

This post has been edited 1 time(s), it was last edited by TechDiff: 19-04-2006 12:49.

19-04-2006 12:48
BattleDrone BattleDrone is a male
2161... the future.

images/avatars/avatar-3255.jpg

Registration Date: 30-12-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
40 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 8.70

quote:
quote:
Cool!

BTW look at this Huh

There are factsheets like that about me too, but I'm to shy to show 'm :-)

__
Check my soundcloud (exclusive tracks on there)
19-04-2006 14:39 Homepage of BattleDrone
TechDiff
Hetty Jakes Pretentious Cheese Wog

images/avatars/avatar-2012.jpg

Registration Date: 14-06-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
13 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.69

quote:
quote:
quote:
Cool!

BTW look at this Huh

There are factsheets like that about me too, but I'm to shy to show 'm :-)

boooooooo! Dont be a pussy, no-one is going to laugh!! Big Grin
19-04-2006 17:30
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Offtopic banter » Demo...