drumnbass.be forum

drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Track IDs » Not so much a Track ID, more of an artist ID :)
Go to the bottom of this page Not so much a Track ID, more of an artist ID :)
Author
Subwoofer on a Killing Spree

images/avatars/avatar-1457.jpg

Registration Date: 13-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 9.00

I'm looking to firstly expand my music collection, and also I'm looking for inspiration for making my own stuff.

Basically im looking for the names of an artist or a few artists that almost exclusively use the original sounding amen break in their work... chopped up or not.
I know that a lot of you guys have grown tired of the amen break, but me, i dunno, i love it lol
Im trying to recreate some of the old skool sounds from the early days for example:
Shy fx and uk apache - original nuttah
DJ Starscream - pretty much anything by him
see thats about all i know of lol (tis why im trying to expand my collection/knowledge)

and i dunno if this is the amen but still any artists that even use this style:
Ganja Kru - Super Sharp Shooter

Now i know you guys who are real headz for dnb mostly dislike it, but i find it really good for gettin people dancing and it seems to have the immediate head nod effect in people.

I don't know why really, but i much prefer the amen to almost any of the current mainstream dnb currently floating around... i still like it and listen to it, but i much prefer the organic feel of actual sampled drums as opposed to the synthesised stuff that is the sound of modern dnb.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thanks you guys,
PLaGuE CeLL

__
My Myspace
12-04-2006 18:29
Dj RaptoR Dj RaptoR is a male
Cool Tourist

Registration Date: 23-03-2006

for all i know the amen break goes like bbK t ktkbK.
i would say some tracks of zink although i'm not sure
15-04-2006 19:42
Pablex Pablex is a male
Massive Junglism

images/avatars/avatar-239.jpg

Registration Date: 20-11-2002

Helpfulness rating: 
4 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.00

there are some pretty obvious examples, since these guys have made a comeback or are getting repressed lately:
krome & time/tearin vinyl camp
remarc
suburban base (label)
bizzy b (also releasing new stuff)
some heavy amen mash ups to me are:
-the dream team "warriors" (subbase)
-bizzy b & dennis brown "rebel with a cause" (labello blanco)
-anything by remarc but fav's being:
"sound murderer remix", "rip remix", "ricky" although i'm not sure ricky's an amen based track
-prisoner "mr fix it" london sumthing->the amen isn't the most present element in this track but this only shows that a track with amens in it can still be "beautiful"
-johnny jungle "johnny" dj dextrous remix
-dj mayhem "inesse" ray keith remix (i think it's an amen based track?)
-potential bad boy "brown girls" ibiza
-sophisticated bad boyz "junglist & junglette" suburban base...
but since the amen break is probably the most popular break it has been used too much to give enough examples to make sure you're not influenced by personal opinions so the best thing you could do is look for some random old school sets, i'll probably end up giving you mostly reggae/ragga influenced names anyway
make sure to check these 2 though:
http://www.ragga-jungle.com/
mostly ragga jungle, but there are frequently reggae, old school jungle, breakcore, ,grime sets, etc.. being posted and i think it could be possitive to check how other people interpret amen based jungle aswell, but offcourse without letting you influence too much by opinions rather than music of others
and then:
http://sampleoidz.co.uk/forum/index.php
also a forum about production but bizzy b's forum, so a bit more jungle influenced since bizzy b up to today still produces breaks-based music
with dnb/old school/hip hop/dubstep and most importantly choppage subfora Wink

__

16-04-2006 16:31
Friscko Friscko is a male
Aron Tinnitus

images/avatars/avatar-2291.gif

Registration Date: 12-03-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
19 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 7.74

ed rush & fierce - locust

it's not a new track, it's on the "prototype years lp" from 1997 or so, but it's amen and classic

for new released stuff, check what's out on the Dread label (=Ray Keith, Serum, ...), check some stuff from the people involved in Ink & Loxy's Horsemen, like Gremlinz, Friske,...

__

www.myspace.com/arontinnitus
www.myspace.com/djfriscko
16-04-2006 21:09 Homepage of Friscko
hookerz hookerz is a male
Steppa

Registration Date: 19-01-2006

Helpfulness rating: 
1 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 10.00

easy & wontime- 10 % Cool

__
29/01 Stealth Bombers @ Entrepot, Brugge
03/02 Student Night @ Culture Club
04/02 Arcade @ Herstel
12/02 Drop! @ Db, Utrecht
16/02 Steam & decadance, Gent
18/02 Sinister Soundz @ 't Ongeluk, Bxl
19/02 Rampage @ ICC, Gent
17-04-2006 15:15
baz baz is a male

images/avatars/avatar-1379.jpg

Registration Date: 19-02-2005

Helpfulness rating: 
23 Vote(s) - Average Rating: 5.96

quote:
Originally posted by PLaGuE CeLL

Ganja Kru - Super Sharp Shooter
Now i know you guys who are real headz for dnb mostly dislike it, but i find it really good for gettin people dancing and it seems to have the immediate head nod effect in people.

hell no ; these are the tracks that got me listenin to dnb in the first place!!!
clownstep an styles that come close to clownstep do rock ; it's just that even in clownstep u still can find real bad tunes gettin pressed
i just hate clownstep when it ain't perfect Big Grin

__
"shotgun ; slammin in yo chestpiece ; blaw"
22-04-2006 20:43 Homepage of baz
drumnbass.be forum » Drumnbass scene » Track IDs » Not so much a Track ID, more of an artist ID :)